Prologue and First Episode, 1945
1. "The Assault" begins during which war?
(a) Hundred Years War.
(b) World War II.
(c) Prussian War.
(d) World War I.
2. In which city does "The Assault" begin?
3. What is the name of Anton's childhood house?
4. What is the name of Anton's neighbor who lives with his daughter?
(a) Mr. Steenwijk.
(b) Mr. Buemer.
(c) Mr. Aarts.
(d) Mr. Korteweg.
5. What is Anton's childhood home next to?
(a) A church.
(b) A tulip field.
(c) An ocean.
(d) A canal.
6. Why does Anton's family spend all their time in the dining room?
(a) Because they sold the rest of their furniture.
(b) Because they only have one room.
(c) Because they are hiding from the police.
(d) Because the rest of the house is not heated.
7. In what year does "The Assault" begin?
8. What is Anton's mother doing at the beginning of the First Episode?
(a) Unraveling a sweater.
(b) Knitting a scarf.
(c) Making bread.
(d) Listening to the radio.
This section contains 4,485 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)