|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Bob, Charley, and Jesse planning to go when Jesse is shot?
2. Where does Dick hide when Jesse arrives at Martha Bolton's house, looking for him?
3. On what notable day does Jesse rob the church?
4. What does Jesse give Bob as a gift?
5. Who pays for Jesse's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elias tell Timberlake when he sees Jesse at a relative's store?
2. How does Charley respond to Bob's confession that he plans to kill Jesse?
3. What does Zerelda Samuels yell when she sees her son's murdered body?
4. Why does Dick hid from Jesse when he stops by Martha Bolton's for a visit?
5. What kind of contest does Jesse create with the man at the pool hall?
6. Why does Sheriff TImberlake refer Bob and Dick to Henry Craig?
7. What do Jesse and Charley do with the toys and Santa suit they steal from the church?
8. What arrangement do Bob and Timberlake make around a ten-day period?
9. What happens with lawyers for Zee after Jesse is murdered?
10. What makes the sheriff finally believe that Jesse James has really been shot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least 3 challenges an author, like Hansen, faces when writing historical fiction. Make sure to use at least 3 examples from "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least 3 literary devices that Hansen uses to help the reader better understand at least one character of your choosing. Use direct quotations and/or examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Who is the most powerful figure in "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"? Make sure to use direct examples and quotations from the text to support your well-written thesis.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)