|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zee doing when Jesse notices that Bob's underwear has unusual initials on them?
2. How does Sheriff Timberlake refer to Bob?
3. Where are Bob, Charley, and Jesse when they get into a shooting contest with another man?
4. How much does R.J. Haire offer to represent Zee for?
5. What does Jesse steal from the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the sheriff finally believe that Jesse James has really been shot?
2. How does Charley respond to Bob's confession that he plans to kill Jesse?
3. What kind of contest does Jesse create with the man at the pool hall?
4. What is discovered about Jesse's body during the autopsy?
5. What does Bob tell Jesse he wants to do with the gun Jesse gave him?
6. What does Elias tell Timberlake when he sees Jesse at a relative's store?
7. Why does Jesse like "The House on the Hill" so much?
8. What happens when Bob and Charley try to turn themselves in at the sheriff's office after Bob kills Jesse?
9. How does Bob react when he hears the lyrics to the song "The Ballade of Jesse James"?
10. What does Jesse confess to Charley one night when he wakes him up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least 3 challenges an author, like Hansen, faces when writing historical fiction. Make sure to use at least 3 examples from "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast 2 characters of your choosing from the "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford," making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Write a well-reasoned argument discussing whether or not Bob Ford is a good role model for young readers.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)