|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the attorney who offers to help Bob and Charley?
2. What does the governor tell Bob and Charley the reward money he'd promised depended on?
3. What does Bob tell Jesse he's most afraid of?
4. What habit of Jesse's does Bob pick up while staying at "The House on the Hill"?
5. How does Jesse know that Bob has been in Kansas City?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sheriff TImberlake refer Bob and Dick to Henry Craig?
2. What does Zerelda Samuels yell when she sees her son's murdered body?
3. What is discovered about Jesse's body during the autopsy?
4. What happens when Bob and Charley try to turn themselves in at the sheriff's office after Bob kills Jesse?
5. Why does Dick hid from Jesse when he stops by Martha Bolton's for a visit?
6. What arrangement do Bob and Timberlake make around a ten-day period?
7. What comparison does Jesse make -- that Bob doesn't like -- during a visit to Martha Bolton's?
8. What kind of hypothetical question does Dick pose to Sheriff Timberlake when he and Bob run into him?
9. What does Bob tell Jesse he wants to do with the gun Jesse gave him?
10. What does Elias tell Timberlake when he sees Jesse at a relative's store?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast 2 characters of your choosing from the "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford," making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Identify what you think is the tone for "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" and discuss 3 literary devices that Hansen uses to create this tone.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one female character in the novel and describe at least 3 things that Hansen is able to do with her character because she is a woman AND at least 3 things he is not able to do with her because she is a woman.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)