|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jesse live until the Civil War is over?
2. What does Jesse give Chappy Foote as he leaves the train he robs on Independence Hill?
3. What do Jesse and Frank do to the bank man who came to collect money from a kind woman who fed them once while on the road?
4. What is the address of Jesse's new home in Chapter 3?
5. Who ends up killing John W. Whicher?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Charley described when he is first introduced into the novel?
2. How does Jesse respond to the news that his sister is set to marry Allen Parmer?
3. What is Jesse's attitude, when the novel opens, toward smoking and drinking?
4. What does Frank declare about the gang after they rob the train on Independence Hill?
5. What kind of reputation does Sarah have as she marries Wood's father?
6. Who do Union soldiers try to beat information out of during the Civil War?
7. What happens when the detectives throw a bomb into Jesse's mother's house, thinking he is hiding there?
8. What does Annie do when she marries Frank?
9. How is John Whicher killed?
10. What wounds does Jesse have when he is first introduced into the text?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the most powerful figure in "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"? Make sure to use direct examples and quotations from the text to support your well-written thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Write a well-reasoned argument discussing whether or not Bob Ford is a good role model for young readers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Hansen portrays authority figures in "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford," making sure to use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)