|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bob buy for himself after being sent away from Jesse's home in Chapter 3?
2. What does the doctor decide after Jesse is shot during his younger years?
3. How old is Jesse's son, Tim, when he is first introduced in the novel?
4. What is Wood's full name?
5. As he is about to rob the train on Independence Hill, who does Jesse introduce himself to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ed Miller nervous about when Jesse comes to visit him at his home?
2. What does Annie do when she marries Frank?
3. What happens when the detectives throw a bomb into Jesse's mother's house, thinking he is hiding there?
4. What is Ed talking about when Jesse shoots him?
5. Who do Union soldiers try to beat information out of during the Civil War?
6. What is Jesse's attitude, when the novel opens, toward smoking and drinking?
7. How do the people of the train that the gang robs on Independence Hill respond when Frank tells them they don't rob preachers or widows?
8. What happens once Zee begins to accept the kind of life she is going to have with Jesse?
9. What does Dick tell Sarah to do when they find John's body in the pig sty?
10. How does the Kansas City Times describe the series of robberies that Jesse is involved with in Missouri?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one female character in the novel and describe at least 3 things that Hansen is able to do with her character because she is a woman AND at least 3 things he is not able to do with her because she is a woman.
Essay Topic 2
Who is the most powerful figure in "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"? Make sure to use direct examples and quotations from the text to support your well-written thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether or not the title of "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" is appropriate for the story. Make sure to use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)