|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Susan?
2. What is Bob's full name?
3. What do some people misinterpret Zee's shyness as?
4. Where are the Hites from?
5. Where is Jesse sent after he is shot during his younger years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bob report he and Jesse talked about as the two men are getting to know each other?
2. What is Ed talking about when Jesse shoots him?
3. How does the Kansas City Times describe the series of robberies that Jesse is involved with in Missouri?
4. What happens to the children that Annie and Zee give birth to around the same time?
5. What "gift" does Jesse give Chappy Foote as he is leaving the train after robbing it?
6. Why do other gang members tease Bob when they are all sent away -- except for him -- at the beginning of Chapter 3?
7. What happens to the Younger gang after the robbery of the First National Bank of Northfield?
8. What is Ed Miller nervous about when Jesse comes to visit him at his home?
9. Who is Cole Younger?
10. What happens once Zee begins to accept the kind of life she is going to have with Jesse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one female character in the novel and describe at least 3 things that Hansen is able to do with her character because she is a woman AND at least 3 things he is not able to do with her because she is a woman.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least 4 ways that the novel is changed -- either positively or negatively -- by having such detailed information about the main characters. Use specific examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
In a well-written essay, discuss what function Jesse James's mother serves in the novel.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)