|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bob do for a living while waiting to turn Jesse in?
(a) Work at a bank.
(b) Work as a grocery clerk.
(c) Volunteer at a homeless shelter.
(d) Work as a mailman.
2. Why is Dick's leg wound slow to heal?
(a) He won't rest like he's supposed to.
(b) He keeps picking at it.
(c) He refuses to take any medicine.
(d) It is infected.
3. How do the Samuels find out about Jesse's death?
(a) They read about it in the papers.
(b) Zee sends them a telegram.
(c) They are there when it happens.
(d) They see it on TV.
4. Where does Dick hide when Jesse arrives at Martha Bolton's house, looking for him?
(a) In the closet.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) Beneath the bed.
(d) In the attic.
5. Where is "The House on the Hill" located?
(a) Oak Avenue.
(b) Oak Street.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Lafayette Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jesse and Charley spend the night after leaving Martha Bolton's house together?
2. Who helps Jesse rob the church?
3. What habit of Jesse's does Bob pick up while staying at "The House on the Hill"?
4. What does the governor call Jesse after his murder?
5. What does the governor hint at during new interviews shortly before Jesse is killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bob say in response to questioning about why his underwear has someone else's initials on them?
2. What kind of hypothetical question does Dick pose to Sheriff Timberlake when he and Bob run into him?
3. How does Charley respond to Bob's confession that he plans to kill Jesse?
4. What kind of contest does Jesse create with the man at the pool hall?
5. What happens when several men arrive on horseback at the courthouse where Bob and Charley are being held?
6. Why does Dick hid from Jesse when he stops by Martha Bolton's for a visit?
7. Why does Jesse like "The House on the Hill" so much?
8. What arrangement do Bob and Timberlake make around a ten-day period?
9. What is discovered about Jesse's body during the autopsy?
10. What comparison does Jesse make -- that Bob doesn't like -- during a visit to Martha Bolton's?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)