|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays for Jesse's funeral?
(a) Zerelda and her husband.
(b) Bob and Charley.
(c) Craig and Timberlake.
(d) Jesse's children.
2. Who officiates Jesse's funeral?
(a) Sheriff Timberlake.
(b) Enos Craig.
(c) Rev. J.M.P. Martin.
3. How many days does Timberlake give Bob in an ultimatum for turning Jesse in?
4. Who is the Sheriff who comes to Jesse's house to investigate his death?
(a) Sheriff Jimmy Powers.
(b) Sheriff Elias James.
(c) Sheriff Enos Craig.
(d) Sheriff James Barton.
5. What does the governor hint at during new interviews shortly before Jesse is killed?
(a) That he has fired the sheriff because Jesse is still at large.
(b) That he plans to bring the James brothers to justice.
(c) That he is going to resign.
(d) That he is running for re-election on a "Bring Jesse In!" campaign.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the song "The Ballade of Jesse James"?
2. Where do Jesse and Charley spend the night after leaving Martha Bolton's house together?
3. What surprising piece of information is discovered during Jesse's autopsy?
4. Who does Bob tell about Jesse's plans to rob the bank in Platte City?
5. Where are Bob, Charley, and Jesse planning to go when Jesse is shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangement do Bob and Timberlake make around a ten-day period?
2. What makes the sheriff finally believe that Jesse James has really been shot?
3. What kind of contest does Jesse create with the man at the pool hall?
4. What happens when Bob and Charley try to turn themselves in at the sheriff's office after Bob kills Jesse?
5. How does Charley respond to Bob's confession that he plans to kill Jesse?
6. What happens when several men arrive on horseback at the courthouse where Bob and Charley are being held?
7. What happens with lawyers for Zee after Jesse is murdered?
8. What happens after a little boy finds the decomposing body of Wood Hite?
9. What does Jesse confess to Charley one night when he wakes him up?
10. What does Bob say in response to questioning about why his underwear has someone else's initials on them?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)