|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bob tell about Jesse's plans to rob the bank in Platte City?
(d) The governor.
2. What does Bob tell the sheriff to check on Jesse's body to verify it is who Bob says it is?
(a) His ring.
(b) His scars.
(c) His tatoos.
(d) His left foot.
3. What does the governor hint at during new interviews shortly before Jesse is killed?
(a) That he plans to bring the James brothers to justice.
(b) That he has fired the sheriff because Jesse is still at large.
(c) That he is going to resign.
(d) That he is running for re-election on a "Bring Jesse In!" campaign.
4. Who does Bob tell Craig he'd like to turn in first?
5. Where does Martha believe Dick has really gone to, despite what he said in a message?
(a) To the newspapers.
(b) To Sheriff TImberlake's.
(c) To Mexico.
(d) To turn himself in to Craig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the governor call Jesse after his murder?
2. Who wrote the song "The Ballade of Jesse James"?
3. What happens to John Samuels after he causes a problem at a party?
4. What does Bob do for a living while waiting to turn Jesse in?
5. During what month does Jesse arrive, looking for Dick, at Martha Bolton's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sheriff TImberlake refer Bob and Dick to Henry Craig?
2. What telegraph does Bob send to Timberlake while staying with Jesse?
3. Why does Jesse like "The House on the Hill" so much?
4. What does Bob tell Jesse he wants to do with the gun Jesse gave him?
5. What comparison does Jesse make -- that Bob doesn't like -- during a visit to Martha Bolton's?
6. What do Jesse and Charley do with the toys and Santa suit they steal from the church?
7. How does Charley respond to Bob's confession that he plans to kill Jesse?
8. Why does Dick hid from Jesse when he stops by Martha Bolton's for a visit?
9. What kind of contest does Jesse create with the man at the pool hall?
10. What happens when Bob and Charley try to turn themselves in at the sheriff's office after Bob kills Jesse?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)