|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bob say about Jesse's murder while being questioned by the police?
(a) He freely admits it.
(b) That he was forced to do it.
(c) That it was done in self-defense.
(d) That Charley did it.
2. How does Jesse know that Bob has been in Kansas City?
(a) His picture was taken by a reporter and run in the paper.
(b) He found some receipts in the trash can.
(c) He has a network of spies.
(d) He followed him himself.
3. What does the media report about Dick Liddil?
(a) That he was a spy on Jesse the entire time.
(b) That he safely made it to Mexico.
(c) That he killed himself in prison.
(d) That he is working with the law.
4. What does Bob do to kill time while at Jesse's house?
(b) Goes for really long hikes.
(c) Works on his autobiography.
(d) Does small chores.
5. What does Bob confess to Charley?
(a) That he must flee to Mexico to avoid being arrested.
(b) That he's planning to kill Jesse.
(c) That Jesse is retiring and leaving Bob in charge.
(d) That he's in love with Jesse's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the guerilla fighter Jesse compares Bob to one night?
2. Where are Bob and Charley taken for questioning after Jesse's murder?
3. What does Bob do for a living while waiting to turn Jesse in?
4. Who believes that the government supported Bob's actions toward Jesse?
5. Why is Dick's leg wound slow to heal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comparison does Jesse make -- that Bob doesn't like -- during a visit to Martha Bolton's?
2. Why does Sheriff TImberlake refer Bob and Dick to Henry Craig?
3. What telegraph does Bob send to Timberlake while staying with Jesse?
4. What makes the sheriff finally believe that Jesse James has really been shot?
5. How does Charley respond to Bob's confession that he plans to kill Jesse?
6. What happens when Bob and Charley try to turn themselves in at the sheriff's office after Bob kills Jesse?
7. What is discovered about Jesse's body during the autopsy?
8. Why does Dick hid from Jesse when he stops by Martha Bolton's for a visit?
9. Why does Jesse like "The House on the Hill" so much?
10. What kind of hypothetical question does Dick pose to Sheriff Timberlake when he and Bob run into him?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)