|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the sheriff of Clay County?
(a) Timber A. Jameslake.
(b) James R. Timberlake.
(c) Timber A. Justinlake.
(d) Justin R. Timberlake.
2. What is the name of the guerilla fighter Jesse compares Bob to one night?
(a) Justin Pinkerton.
(b) Alan Jackson.
(c) George Shepherd.
(d) Mary Ann Walker.
3. What does Bob say about Jesse's murder while being questioned by the police?
(a) That it was done in self-defense.
(b) That he was forced to do it.
(c) He freely admits it.
(d) That Charley did it.
4. What does Jesse steal from the church?
(a) Toys and a Santa outfit.
(b) Toys and money.
5. What book does Jesse discover Charley is reading to the children?
(a) "Little Red Riding Hood."
(b) "How the James Boys Were Brought to Justice."
(c) "The James Boys Among the Mexicans."
(d) "The James Gang: American Outlaws."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jesse and Charley spend the night after leaving Martha Bolton's house together?
2. Why does Jesse give Bob a gift?
3. How much do Bob and Charley get as a reward for killing Jesse?
4. Where does Martha believe Dick has really gone to, despite what he said in a message?
5. What do Zerelda and Zee scream for at Jesse's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elias tell Timberlake when he sees Jesse at a relative's store?
2. What telegraph does Bob send to Timberlake while staying with Jesse?
3. What does Bob say in response to questioning about why his underwear has someone else's initials on them?
4. What happens when several men arrive on horseback at the courthouse where Bob and Charley are being held?
5. Why does Sheriff TImberlake refer Bob and Dick to Henry Craig?
6. How does Charley respond to Bob's confession that he plans to kill Jesse?
7. What kind of contest does Jesse create with the man at the pool hall?
8. What does Bob tell Jesse he wants to do with the gun Jesse gave him?
9. Why does Dick hid from Jesse when he stops by Martha Bolton's for a visit?
10. What do Jesse and Charley do with the toys and Santa suit they steal from the church?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)