|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jesse know that Bob has been in Kansas City?
(a) He found some receipts in the trash can.
(b) He followed him himself.
(c) He has a network of spies.
(d) His picture was taken by a reporter and run in the paper.
2. Where does Dick hide when Jesse arrives at Martha Bolton's house, looking for him?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the closet.
(c) In the backyard.
(d) Beneath the bed.
3. Who admits that a body found is in fact Wood Hite?
4. Who is Jesse posing as when he moves with his family to "The House on the Hill"?
(a) Howard Thomas.
(b) Jack Jameson.
(c) Jesse Simpson.
(d) Thomas Howard.
5. Where is "The House on the Hill" located?
(a) Oak Street.
(b) Oak Avenue.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Lafayette Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to John Samuels after he causes a problem at a party?
2. Who does Bob tell Craig he'd like to turn in first?
3. Who is the Sheriff who comes to Jesse's house to investigate his death?
4. Who is Elias?
5. What does Jesse give Bob as a gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when several men arrive on horseback at the courthouse where Bob and Charley are being held?
2. What comparison does Jesse make -- that Bob doesn't like -- during a visit to Martha Bolton's?
3. What happens after a little boy finds the decomposing body of Wood Hite?
4. What kind of hypothetical question does Dick pose to Sheriff Timberlake when he and Bob run into him?
5. What does Zerelda freak out about when Jesse and Charley are sharing Christmas dinner with her?
6. What telegraph does Bob send to Timberlake while staying with Jesse?
7. What does Jesse confess to Charley one night when he wakes him up?
8. What kind of contest does Jesse create with the man at the pool hall?
9. What arrangement do Bob and Timberlake make around a ten-day period?
10. How does Bob react when he hears the lyrics to the song "The Ballade of Jesse James"?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)