|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jesse and Charley spend the night after leaving Martha Bolton's house together?
(a) In Jesse's house.
(b) In the barn at Jesse's house.
(c) The Samuels' house.
(d) In the woods.
2. What reason does Bob give to Jesse about why he was in Kansas City?
(a) He was making purchases.
(b) He was visiting his mother there.
(c) He was visiting a girl there.
(d) He just wanted to go and have some fun an a new city.
3. What does Jesse steal from the church?
(c) Toys and money.
(d) Toys and a Santa outfit.
4. How do the Samuels find out about Jesse's death?
(a) They are there when it happens.
(b) They see it on TV.
(c) They read about it in the papers.
(d) Zee sends them a telegram.
5. Who admits that a body found is in fact Wood Hite?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is "The House on the Hill" located?
2. What surprising piece of information is discovered during Jesse's autopsy?
3. Who believes that the government supported Bob's actions toward Jesse?
4. How does Jesse know that Bob has been in Kansas City?
5. Who provides Bob and Charley with an attorney?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discovered about Jesse's body during the autopsy?
2. What kind of contest does Jesse create with the man at the pool hall?
3. What happens when several men arrive on horseback at the courthouse where Bob and Charley are being held?
4. What do Jesse and Charley do with the toys and Santa suit they steal from the church?
5. What comparison does Jesse make -- that Bob doesn't like -- during a visit to Martha Bolton's?
6. Why does Jesse like "The House on the Hill" so much?
7. How does Bob react when he hears the lyrics to the song "The Ballade of Jesse James"?
8. Why does Sheriff TImberlake refer Bob and Dick to Henry Craig?
9. Why is Timberlake suspicious that Jesse will ever show up again that Bob will indeed turn him in?
10. What does Bob tell Jesse he wants to do with the gun Jesse gave him?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)