|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes that the government supported Bob's actions toward Jesse?
(a) Very few people.
(b) Everyone except the James family.
(c) Everyone except the Ford family.
(d) Nearly everyone.
2. Where does Dick hide when Jesse arrives at Martha Bolton's house, looking for him?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) In the closet.
(d) Beneath the bed.
3. What does the governor call Jesse after his murder?
(a) An "honorable man."
(b) A "disgrace to the James family."
(c) A "putrid curse."
(d) A "proud citizen of this state."
4. Where do Jesse and Charley spend the night after leaving Martha Bolton's house together?
(a) In Jesse's house.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the barn at Jesse's house.
(d) The Samuels' house.
5. What do Zerelda and Zee scream for at Jesse's funeral?
(a) Redemption for their sins.
(b) For Jesse to come back to them.
(c) Revenge against the men who killed Jesse for money.
(d) Money from people coming just to gawk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesse give Bob as a gift?
2. What does Bob do to kill time while at Jesse's house?
3. Who officiates Jesse's funeral?
4. What habit of Jesse's does Bob pick up while staying at "The House on the Hill"?
5. What does Bob do for a living while waiting to turn Jesse in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sheriff TImberlake refer Bob and Dick to Henry Craig?
2. What happens when several men arrive on horseback at the courthouse where Bob and Charley are being held?
3. What happens after a little boy finds the decomposing body of Wood Hite?
4. What do Jesse and Charley do with the toys and Santa suit they steal from the church?
5. What does Zerelda Samuels yell when she sees her son's murdered body?
6. What happens when Bob and Charley try to turn themselves in at the sheriff's office after Bob kills Jesse?
7. What does Bob say in response to questioning about why his underwear has someone else's initials on them?
8. What telegraph does Bob send to Timberlake while staying with Jesse?
9. What happens with lawyers for Zee after Jesse is murdered?
10. How does Bob react when he hears the lyrics to the song "The Ballade of Jesse James"?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)