|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the governor hint at during new interviews shortly before Jesse is killed?
(a) That he plans to bring the James brothers to justice.
(b) That he has fired the sheriff because Jesse is still at large.
(c) That he is running for re-election on a "Bring Jesse In!" campaign.
(d) That he is going to resign.
2. How does Zee respond when Bob stops by with Charley while looking for Jesse?
(a) She is glad he is there so she can get the reward money.
(b) She couldn't care less.
(c) She's so excited she can barely contain herself.
(d) She is not pleased to see him.
3. Why does Jesse ask Charley to ride with him, instead of Bob, after he arrives at Martha Bolton's house?
(a) Because he just wants to make Bob jealous.
(b) Because he is going to kill Charley.
(c) Because he knows Bob is a rat.
(d) Because Bob is being petulant.
4. What does the media report about Dick Liddil?
(a) That he was a spy on Jesse the entire time.
(b) That he safely made it to Mexico.
(c) That he is working with the law.
(d) That he killed himself in prison.
5. Who does Sheriff Timberlake tell Bob and Dick he is really interested in?
(a) Jesse, Frank, and Zee.
(d) Jesse and Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bob do for a living while waiting to turn Jesse in?
2. How many days does Timberlake give Bob in an ultimatum for turning Jesse in?
3. How much do Bob and Charley get as a reward for killing Jesse?
4. On what day does Jesse tell Bob that he knows he has been in Kansas City?
5. Where does Martha believe Dick has really gone to, despite what he said in a message?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zerelda Samuels yell when she sees her son's murdered body?
2. What does Bob say in response to questioning about why his underwear has someone else's initials on them?
3. What does Zerelda freak out about when Jesse and Charley are sharing Christmas dinner with her?
4. What arrangement do Bob and Timberlake make around a ten-day period?
5. What does Elias tell Timberlake when he sees Jesse at a relative's store?
6. What telegraph does Bob send to Timberlake while staying with Jesse?
7. What kind of hypothetical question does Dick pose to Sheriff Timberlake when he and Bob run into him?
8. Why is Timberlake suspicious that Jesse will ever show up again that Bob will indeed turn him in?
9. What makes the sheriff finally believe that Jesse James has really been shot?
10. How does Bob react when he hears the lyrics to the song "The Ballade of Jesse James"?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)