|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the media report about Dick Liddil?
(a) That he safely made it to Mexico.
(b) That he killed himself in prison.
(c) That he was a spy on Jesse the entire time.
(d) That he is working with the law.
2. During what month does Jesse arrive, looking for Dick, at Martha Bolton's?
3. Where does Martha believe Dick has really gone to, despite what he said in a message?
(a) To turn himself in to Craig.
(b) To the newspapers.
(c) To Mexico.
(d) To Sheriff TImberlake's.
4. Why is Dick's leg wound slow to heal?
(a) He won't rest like he's supposed to.
(b) It is infected.
(c) He keeps picking at it.
(d) He refuses to take any medicine.
5. What is Zee upset about the morning Jesse is killed?
(a) That a fox got into the hen house.
(b) That Jesse forgot her birthday again.
(c) That she burned the biscuits.
(d) That the mail is late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Jesse rob the church?
2. Where are Bob, Charley, and Jesse planning to go when Jesse is shot?
3. Where is "The House on the Hill" located?
4. Who officiates Jesse's funeral?
5. Why does Jesse ask Charley to ride with him, instead of Bob, after he arrives at Martha Bolton's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zerelda Samuels yell when she sees her son's murdered body?
2. What happens with lawyers for Zee after Jesse is murdered?
3. Why does Sheriff TImberlake refer Bob and Dick to Henry Craig?
4. What happens after a little boy finds the decomposing body of Wood Hite?
5. What is discovered about Jesse's body during the autopsy?
6. What telegraph does Bob send to Timberlake while staying with Jesse?
7. What makes the sheriff finally believe that Jesse James has really been shot?
8. What does Elias tell Timberlake when he sees Jesse at a relative's store?
9. Why does Dick hid from Jesse when he stops by Martha Bolton's for a visit?
10. What kind of contest does Jesse create with the man at the pool hall?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)