|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally confesses to the James' family's real identities?
(b) Jesse's son, Tim.
(c) Jesse's daughter, Mary.
2. What do Bob and Charley discover when they go to the sheriff's office to turn themselves in after shooting Jesse?
(a) That the sheriff is out.
(b) That the sheriff has been expecting them.
(c) That the press is already there waiting to take their pictures.
(d) That there is already a warrant out for their arrest.
3. Who is the sheriff of Clay County?
(a) Timber A. Jameslake.
(b) Timber A. Justinlake.
(c) James R. Timberlake.
(d) Justin R. Timberlake.
4. How does Jesse know that Bob has been in Kansas City?
(a) He found some receipts in the trash can.
(b) He has a network of spies.
(c) His picture was taken by a reporter and run in the paper.
(d) He followed him himself.
5. Who is Jesse posing as when he moves with his family to "The House on the Hill"?
(a) Thomas Howard.
(b) Jack Jameson.
(c) Howard Thomas.
(d) Jesse Simpson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Samuels find out about Jesse's death?
2. What does Bob tell Jesse he's most afraid of?
3. What does the sheriff of Clay County mistake Jesse for?
4. What happens to John Samuels after he causes a problem at a party?
5. Where are Bob, Charley, and Jesse planning to go when Jesse is shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesse confess to Charley one night when he wakes him up?
2. What makes the sheriff finally believe that Jesse James has really been shot?
3. What is discovered about Jesse's body during the autopsy?
4. How does Charley respond to Bob's confession that he plans to kill Jesse?
5. Why does Sheriff TImberlake refer Bob and Dick to Henry Craig?
6. What kind of hypothetical question does Dick pose to Sheriff Timberlake when he and Bob run into him?
7. What happens with lawyers for Zee after Jesse is murdered?
8. What kind of contest does Jesse create with the man at the pool hall?
9. What happens after a little boy finds the decomposing body of Wood Hite?
10. What happens when Bob and Charley try to turn themselves in at the sheriff's office after Bob kills Jesse?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)