|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sheriff Timberlake refer to Bob?
(a) As "Jesse Jr."
(b) As "Jesse's #2."
(c) By his full name.
(d) As a "wanna-be" Jesse James.
2. What is the name of the attorney who offers to help Bob and Charley?
(a) Jill Stern.
(b) Major Chris Lefkowitz.
(c) Doctor Kay Scarpetta.
(d) Colonel John Doniphan.
3. Who is the sheriff of Clay County?
(a) Timber A. Justinlake.
(b) Timber A. Jameslake.
(c) Justin R. Timberlake.
(d) James R. Timberlake.
4. At Martha's place, where does Dick leave word he's gone to?
5. What prompts Bob to go to Kansas City and meet with Henry Craig another time?
(a) The guilt he has over the crimes he committed.
(b) Nothing; it happens by coincidence.
(c) Jesse's threatening emails.
(d) An article in the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheriff of Clay County mistake Jesse for?
2. Why do law officials have to close the James's house?
3. On what notable day does Jesse rob the church?
4. After talking in town, whom does Sheriff Timberlake refer Bob and Dick to?
5. What does Bob tell the sheriff to check on Jesse's body to verify it is who Bob says it is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bob react when he hears the lyrics to the song "The Ballade of Jesse James"?
2. What does Bob say in response to questioning about why his underwear has someone else's initials on them?
3. Why does Dick hid from Jesse when he stops by Martha Bolton's for a visit?
4. What kind of hypothetical question does Dick pose to Sheriff Timberlake when he and Bob run into him?
5. What is discovered about Jesse's body during the autopsy?
6. What comparison does Jesse make -- that Bob doesn't like -- during a visit to Martha Bolton's?
7. What does Zerelda Samuels yell when she sees her son's murdered body?
8. How does Charley respond to Bob's confession that he plans to kill Jesse?
9. What does Jesse confess to Charley one night when he wakes him up?
10. What arrangement do Bob and Timberlake make around a ten-day period?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)