|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit of Jesse's does Bob pick up while staying at "The House on the Hill"?
(a) Smoking before breakfast.
(b) Going for a run before starting the day.
(c) Drinking before breakfast.
(d) Reading several newspapers.
2. Who wrote the song "The Ballade of Jesse James"?
(a) A farmowner named Jameson Upton.
(b) A bartender named Daniel Simpson.
(c) A musician named Frank Appleton.
(d) A sharecropper named Billy Gashade.
3. What does Bob confess to Charley?
(a) That he must flee to Mexico to avoid being arrested.
(b) That he's in love with Jesse's wife.
(c) That Jesse is retiring and leaving Bob in charge.
(d) That he's planning to kill Jesse.
4. What initials does Bob have on his underwear?
5. Who is Jesse posing as when he moves with his family to "The House on the Hill"?
(a) Thomas Howard.
(b) Jesse Simpson.
(c) Jack Jameson.
(d) Howard Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes that the government supported Bob's actions toward Jesse?
2. What does the governor hint at during new interviews shortly before Jesse is killed?
3. What does the media report about Dick Liddil?
4. What is the name of the guerilla fighter Jesse compares Bob to one night?
5. Why is Dick's leg wound slow to heal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesse confess to Charley one night when he wakes him up?
2. What happens with lawyers for Zee after Jesse is murdered?
3. What do Jesse and Charley do with the toys and Santa suit they steal from the church?
4. What does Zerelda freak out about when Jesse and Charley are sharing Christmas dinner with her?
5. What makes the sheriff finally believe that Jesse James has really been shot?
6. Why does Jesse like "The House on the Hill" so much?
7. What kind of contest does Jesse create with the man at the pool hall?
8. How does Bob react when he hears the lyrics to the song "The Ballade of Jesse James"?
9. What does Elias tell Timberlake when he sees Jesse at a relative's store?
10. What does Zerelda Samuels yell when she sees her son's murdered body?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)