|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit of Jesse's does Bob pick up while staying at "The House on the Hill"?
(a) Going for a run before starting the day.
(b) Smoking before breakfast.
(c) Drinking before breakfast.
(d) Reading several newspapers.
2. Where does Dick hide when Jesse arrives at Martha Bolton's house, looking for him?
(a) Beneath the bed.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the closet.
(d) In the backyard.
3. What does the sheriff of Clay County keep a record of?
(a) Who has paid him bribes and who has not.
(b) All visitors arriving into the area.
(c) The weather.
(d) Everyone's mailing address.
4. What does Bob do to kill time while at Jesse's house?
(a) Works on his autobiography.
(b) Does small chores.
(c) Goes for really long hikes.
5. What do Zerelda and Zee scream for at Jesse's funeral?
(a) For Jesse to come back to them.
(b) Money from people coming just to gawk.
(c) Revenge against the men who killed Jesse for money.
(d) Redemption for their sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bob do for a living while waiting to turn Jesse in?
2. Who does Sheriff Timberlake tell Bob and Dick he is really interested in?
3. How many days does Timberlake give Bob in an ultimatum for turning Jesse in?
4. Why is Dick's leg wound slow to heal?
5. Why does Jesse ask Charley to ride with him, instead of Bob, after he arrives at Martha Bolton's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the sheriff finally believe that Jesse James has really been shot?
2. What kind of hypothetical question does Dick pose to Sheriff Timberlake when he and Bob run into him?
3. What does Bob say in response to questioning about why his underwear has someone else's initials on them?
4. What does Zerelda freak out about when Jesse and Charley are sharing Christmas dinner with her?
5. What does Zerelda Samuels yell when she sees her son's murdered body?
6. What happens when Bob and Charley try to turn themselves in at the sheriff's office after Bob kills Jesse?
7. What does Bob tell Jesse he wants to do with the gun Jesse gave him?
8. Why does Sheriff TImberlake refer Bob and Dick to Henry Craig?
9. Why does Jesse like "The House on the Hill" so much?
10. What happens when several men arrive on horseback at the courthouse where Bob and Charley are being held?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)