|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Bob, Charley, and Jesse when they get into a shooting contest with another man?
(a) A bar.
(b) Out in the woods; they all share a campfire.
(c) A pool hall.
(d) The library.
2. Who is Jesse posing as when he moves with his family to "The House on the Hill"?
(a) Thomas Howard.
(b) Howard Thomas.
(c) Jesse Simpson.
(d) Jack Jameson.
3. What initials does Bob have on his underwear?
4. How do the Samuels find out about Jesse's death?
(a) They are there when it happens.
(b) They see it on TV.
(c) Zee sends them a telegram.
(d) They read about it in the papers.
5. What does Bob tell Jesse he's most afraid of?
(a) That he'll be forgotten.
(b) That he'll never get married.
(c) That he'll never see his girlfriend again.
(d) That Jesse will kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charley think that Jesse might be interested in buying a farm or ranch?
2. What surprising piece of information is discovered during Jesse's autopsy?
3. Who admits that a body found is in fact Wood Hite?
4. How many days does Timberlake give Bob in an ultimatum for turning Jesse in?
5. What does the sheriff of Clay County keep a record of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jesse and Charley do with the toys and Santa suit they steal from the church?
2. What happens when several men arrive on horseback at the courthouse where Bob and Charley are being held?
3. Why does Sheriff TImberlake refer Bob and Dick to Henry Craig?
4. What does Elias tell Timberlake when he sees Jesse at a relative's store?
5. Why is Timberlake suspicious that Jesse will ever show up again that Bob will indeed turn him in?
6. Why does Jesse like "The House on the Hill" so much?
7. What makes the sheriff finally believe that Jesse James has really been shot?
8. Why does Dick hid from Jesse when he stops by Martha Bolton's for a visit?
9. What kind of contest does Jesse create with the man at the pool hall?
10. What does Zerelda freak out about when Jesse and Charley are sharing Christmas dinner with her?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)