|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bob spend his childhood?
(d) South Carolina.
2. What newspaper does Jesse show Zee that causes her to become angry with him and with what he does for a living?
(a) The Kansas City Times.
(b) The Dallas Star.
(c) The Los Angeles Times.
(d) The New York Times.
3. Who dies as a result of the attack on Jesse's mother's house?
(a) Their beloved pet dog.
(b) Jesse's mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) No one.
4. Who is Susan?
(a) Jesse's mother.
(b) Jesse's sister.
(c) Jesse's secret girlfriend.
(d) Jesse's daughter.
5. What do some people misinterpret Zee's shyness as?
(a) A problem with her ability to speak.
(b) Being too good for friendships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John W. Whicher?
2. When did Jesse's father die?
3. Who is Annie?
4. How old is Wood when he is first introduced?
5. What is Charley's full name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens once Zee begins to accept the kind of life she is going to have with Jesse?
2. What does Bob tell Wood as he lay dying?
3. What wounds does Jesse have when he is first introduced into the text?
4. Why do other gang members tease Bob when they are all sent away -- except for him -- at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What "gift" does Jesse give Chappy Foote as he is leaving the train after robbing it?
6. What does Annie do when she marries Frank?
7. How is Wood described when he is first introduced into the novel?
8. What does Frank declare about the gang after they rob the train on Independence Hill?
9. How does Jesse respond to the news that his sister is set to marry Allen Parmer?
10. What is Ed Miller nervous about when Jesse comes to visit him at his home?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)