|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zee's full name?
(a) Zelda Amy Simpleton.
(b) Zerelda Amanda Mimms James.
(c) Zeedidah Amanda.
(d) Zee Thomason.
2. How often does Jesse James drink?
(b) Every night.
(c) Every few hours.
3. Who is Chappy Foote?
(a) The engineer of a train the James Gang robs.
(b) The name Bob gives to his gun.
(c) Jesse's youngest cousin.
(d) Zee's secret lover.
4. What happens during the duel between Dick and Wood?
(a) They end up laughing before they can shoot each other.
(b) Both men are killed.
(c) Both men are seriously wounded.
(d) No one is killed.
5. How many newspapers does Jesse James subscribe to?
(b) Exactly one dozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Ed Cummins?
2. Who is John W. Whicher?
3. What happens to the twin boys Zee gives birth to?
4. On what hand is Jesse missing a piece of his finger?
5. Where does Jesse have "two incompletely healed bullet holes"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dick tell Sarah to do when they find John's body in the pig sty?
2. What is Jesse's attitude, when the novel opens, toward smoking and drinking?
3. What "gift" does Jesse give Chappy Foote as he is leaving the train after robbing it?
4. Who is Cole Younger?
5. What wounds does Jesse have when he is first introduced into the text?
6. How is John Whicher killed?
7. How do the people of the train that the gang robs on Independence Hill respond when Frank tells them they don't rob preachers or widows?
8. How does Jesse respond to the news that his sister is set to marry Allen Parmer?
9. What reason does Charley give for why he hit a man over the head during the robbery of the train on Independence Hill?
10. How does the Kansas City Times describe the series of robberies that Jesse is involved with in Missouri?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)