|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ida?
(a) Frank's daughter.
(b) Jesse's daughter.
(c) Martha's daughter.
(d) Bob's daughter.
2. According to one of Bob's stories, what do Jesse and his gang give to a kind woman who gave them a meal?
(a) Money for her mortgage payment.
(b) Free groceries for a year.
(c) A very expensive necklace they got during one of their robberies.
(d) A dozen roses.
3. Who does Jesse's mother remarry after his father dies?
(a) Dr. Zee Barton III.
(b) Dr. Reuben Samuels.
(c) Dr. Samuel Reubens.
(d) Dr. Samuel Barton.
4. Where does Dick end up renting a room during his affair with Sarah?
5. What is the address of Jesse's new home in Chapter 3?
(a) 101 Main Street.
(b) 1017 Troost Avenue.
(c) 1500 Main Street.
(d) 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bob stop after being sent away from Jesse's home in Chapter 3?
2. When does Jesse tell the gang that they'll divide the spoils of the robbery of the train on Independence Hill?
3. Who shoots Jesse as the Civil War is ending?
4. What is Martha's marital status in the novel?
5. What is Frank's relationship to Jesse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank declare about the gang after they rob the train on Independence Hill?
2. How does Jesse respond to the news that his sister is set to marry Allen Parmer?
3. What kind of reputation does Sarah have as she marries Wood's father?
4. What happens to the children that Annie and Zee give birth to around the same time?
5. Why do other gang members tease Bob when they are all sent away -- except for him -- at the beginning of Chapter 3?
6. How does John Tabor respond to the affair between Dick and Sarah?
7. What wounds does Jesse have when he is first introduced into the text?
8. What does Dick tell Sarah to do when they find John's body in the pig sty?
9. What happens to the Younger gang after the robbery of the First National Bank of Northfield?
10. What "gift" does Jesse give Chappy Foote as he is leaving the train after robbing it?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)