|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who initially refuses to give into Bob's insistence that he be allowed to join the James gang?
2. What newspaper does Jesse show Zee that causes her to become angry with him and with what he does for a living?
(a) The Dallas Star.
(b) The Los Angeles Times.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Kansas City Times.
3. What is Wood's relationship to Jesse?
(a) They are sworn enemies.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They were cell mates in jail and now are friends.
(d) They are brothers.
4. What is Wood's full name?
(a) Woodster Acolute James Jackson.
(b) Robert Woodson Hite.
(c) Samuel Wood James.
(d) Woody Acolute James.
5. Who is Sarah?
(a) Wood's niece.
(b) Wood's sister.
(c) Wood's father's new wife.
(d) Wood's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Zee named after?
2. Who joins the Pinkerton Detectives in an effort to quell some of the robberies Jesse and his gang are committing?
3. Who is John W. Whicher?
4. On what hand is Jesse missing a piece of his finger?
5. What does Bob buy for himself after being sent away from Jesse's home in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the people of the train that the gang robs on Independence Hill respond when Frank tells them they don't rob preachers or widows?
2. What is Jesse's attitude, when the novel opens, toward smoking and drinking?
3. What does Dick tell Sarah to do when they find John's body in the pig sty?
4. What does Bob tell Wood as he lay dying?
5. How does the Kansas City Times describe the series of robberies that Jesse is involved with in Missouri?
6. What does Jesse offer to do before leaving Chappy Foote's train after robbing it -- and how does Chappy respond to the offer?
7. What wounds does Jesse have when he is first introduced into the text?
8. What "gift" does Jesse give Chappy Foote as he is leaving the train after robbing it?
9. How does Jesse respond to the news that his sister is set to marry Allen Parmer?
10. Why is Jesse's son known as Tim?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)