|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bob tell Craig he'd like to turn in first?
2. Who believes that the government supported Bob's actions toward Jesse?
(a) Everyone except the James family.
(b) Very few people.
(c) Nearly everyone.
(d) Everyone except the Ford family.
3. What is Zee upset about the morning Jesse is killed?
(a) That a fox got into the hen house.
(b) That the mail is late.
(c) That Jesse forgot her birthday again.
(d) That she burned the biscuits.
4. Who is the Sheriff who comes to Jesse's house to investigate his death?
(a) Sheriff Jimmy Powers.
(b) Sheriff James Barton.
(c) Sheriff Elias James.
(d) Sheriff Enos Craig.
5. What is the name of the guerilla fighter Jesse compares Bob to one night?
(a) Mary Ann Walker.
(b) George Shepherd.
(c) Alan Jackson.
(d) Justin Pinkerton.
6. Who helps Jesse rob the church?
7. Who does Bob tell about Jesse's plans to rob the bank in Platte City?
(d) The governor.
8. After talking in town, whom does Sheriff Timberlake refer Bob and Dick to?
(a) A Texan police official.
(b) A Missouri City police official.
(c) A Kansas City police official.
(d) The president.
9. How does Zerelda respond when she sees her son's body?
(a) She is stoic.
(b) She laughs, remembering all the fun they had.
(c) She says that it is not him.
(d) She wails and cries.
10. What does the governor hint at during new interviews shortly before Jesse is killed?
(a) That he has fired the sheriff because Jesse is still at large.
(b) That he plans to bring the James brothers to justice.
(c) That he is going to resign.
(d) That he is running for re-election on a "Bring Jesse In!" campaign.
11. Who finally confesses to the James' family's real identities?
(b) Jesse's daughter, Mary.
(c) Jesse's son, Tim.
12. Who wrote the song "The Ballade of Jesse James"?
(a) A bartender named Daniel Simpson.
(b) A sharecropper named Billy Gashade.
(c) A musician named Frank Appleton.
(d) A farmowner named Jameson Upton.
13. What does the sheriff of Clay County keep a record of?
(a) Who has paid him bribes and who has not.
(b) The weather.
(c) All visitors arriving into the area.
(d) Everyone's mailing address.
14. What does the governor tell Bob and Charley the reward money he'd promised depended on?
(a) The railroads kicking in their shares.
(b) How valuable their information was.
(c) What public opinion is now.
(d) What public opinion was at the time of their arrest.
15. What prompts Bob to go to Kansas City and meet with Henry Craig another time?
(a) Nothing; it happens by coincidence.
(b) Jesse's threatening emails.
(c) An article in the newspaper.
(d) The guilt he has over the crimes he committed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bob say about Jesse's murder while being questioned by the police?
2. How much does Alex Green offer to represent Zee for?
3. Where are Bob and Charley taken for questioning after Jesse's murder?
4. On what notable day does Jesse rob the church?
5. How much do Bob and Charley get as a reward for killing Jesse?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)