|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Sheriff who comes to Jesse's house to investigate his death?
(a) Sheriff James Barton.
(b) Sheriff Enos Craig.
(c) Sheriff Jimmy Powers.
(d) Sheriff Elias James.
2. What does Bob confess to Charley?
(a) That he must flee to Mexico to avoid being arrested.
(b) That he's planning to kill Jesse.
(c) That he's in love with Jesse's wife.
(d) That Jesse is retiring and leaving Bob in charge.
3. After talking in town, whom does Sheriff Timberlake refer Bob and Dick to?
(a) A Missouri City police official.
(b) A Kansas City police official.
(c) A Texan police official.
(d) The president.
4. Where do Jesse and Charley spend the night after leaving Martha Bolton's house together?
(a) In Jesse's house.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the barn at Jesse's house.
(d) The Samuels' house.
5. Who helps Jesse rob the church?
6. How much of a reward does Jesse offer for Dick Liddil?
7. Where does Dick hide when Jesse arrives at Martha Bolton's house, looking for him?
(a) Beneath the bed.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) In the closet.
(d) In the attic.
8. Where are Bob, Charley, and Jesse planning to go when Jesse is shot?
(a) The police station.
(b) The train station.
(c) Platte City.
9. Who admits that a body found is in fact Wood Hite?
10. What does the governor tell Bob and Charley the reward money he'd promised depended on?
(a) What public opinion was at the time of their arrest.
(b) The railroads kicking in their shares.
(c) How valuable their information was.
(d) What public opinion is now.
11. Who wrote the song "The Ballade of Jesse James"?
(a) A musician named Frank Appleton.
(b) A sharecropper named Billy Gashade.
(c) A bartender named Daniel Simpson.
(d) A farmowner named Jameson Upton.
12. Why does Charley think that Jesse might be interested in buying a farm or ranch?
(a) Because he is tired of living as a criminal.
(b) Because Zee has been begging for one forever.
(c) Because he spends a lot of time assessing land.
(d) Because he writes poetry about owning a farm.
13. What prompts Bob to go to Kansas City and meet with Henry Craig another time?
(a) The guilt he has over the crimes he committed.
(b) Nothing; it happens by coincidence.
(c) Jesse's threatening emails.
(d) An article in the newspaper.
14. Why does Jesse ask Charley to ride with him, instead of Bob, after he arrives at Martha Bolton's house?
(a) Because he is going to kill Charley.
(b) Because Bob is being petulant.
(c) Because he knows Bob is a rat.
(d) Because he just wants to make Bob jealous.
15. How does Zerelda respond when she sees her son's body?
(a) She is stoic.
(b) She wails and cries.
(c) She laughs, remembering all the fun they had.
(d) She says that it is not him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the guerilla fighter Jesse compares Bob to one night?
2. What does the media report about Dick Liddil?
3. Where does Martha believe Dick has really gone to, despite what he said in a message?
4. What does Jesse give Bob as a gift?
5. Why is Dick's leg wound slow to heal?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)