|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bob say about Jesse's murder while being questioned by the police?
(a) He freely admits it.
(b) That Charley did it.
(c) That it was done in self-defense.
(d) That he was forced to do it.
2. What does the media report about Dick Liddil?
(a) That he safely made it to Mexico.
(b) That he killed himself in prison.
(c) That he was a spy on Jesse the entire time.
(d) That he is working with the law.
3. How does Jesse know that Bob has been in Kansas City?
(a) His picture was taken by a reporter and run in the paper.
(b) He has a network of spies.
(c) He found some receipts in the trash can.
(d) He followed him himself.
4. What does Bob confess to Charley?
(a) That he's planning to kill Jesse.
(b) That Jesse is retiring and leaving Bob in charge.
(c) That he must flee to Mexico to avoid being arrested.
(d) That he's in love with Jesse's wife.
5. Why is Dick's leg wound slow to heal?
(a) He refuses to take any medicine.
(b) He won't rest like he's supposed to.
(c) It is infected.
(d) He keeps picking at it.
6. What does the governor call Jesse after his murder?
(a) A "putrid curse."
(b) An "honorable man."
(c) A "proud citizen of this state."
(d) A "disgrace to the James family."
7. Who is Elias?
(a) Jesse's daughter's boyfriend.
(b) One of Bob's brothers.
(c) Zee's secret boyfriend.
(d) One of Jesse's sons.
8. What is the name of the guerilla fighter Jesse compares Bob to one night?
(a) Mary Ann Walker.
(b) Alan Jackson.
(c) Justin Pinkerton.
(d) George Shepherd.
9. What is Zee upset about the morning Jesse is killed?
(a) That the mail is late.
(b) That Jesse forgot her birthday again.
(c) That a fox got into the hen house.
(d) That she burned the biscuits.
10. What does the governor hint at during new interviews shortly before Jesse is killed?
(a) That he plans to bring the James brothers to justice.
(b) That he has fired the sheriff because Jesse is still at large.
(c) That he is running for re-election on a "Bring Jesse In!" campaign.
(d) That he is going to resign.
11. Who pays for Jesse's funeral?
(a) Bob and Charley.
(b) Craig and Timberlake.
(c) Jesse's children.
(d) Zerelda and her husband.
12. How does Sheriff Timberlake refer to Bob?
(a) As a "wanna-be" Jesse James.
(b) As "Jesse's #2."
(c) By his full name.
(d) As "Jesse Jr."
13. How much does R.J. Haire offer to represent Zee for?
14. Who admits that a body found is in fact Wood Hite?
15. What habit of Jesse's does Bob pick up while staying at "The House on the Hill"?
(a) Drinking before breakfast.
(b) Reading several newspapers.
(c) Going for a run before starting the day.
(d) Smoking before breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does Timberlake give Bob in an ultimatum for turning Jesse in?
2. How much do Bob and Charley get as a reward for killing Jesse?
3. What does the sheriff of Clay County keep a record of?
4. What does the sheriff of Clay County mistake Jesse for?
5. Where does Dick hide when Jesse arrives at Martha Bolton's house, looking for him?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)