|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does R.J. Haire offer to represent Zee for?
2. What surprising piece of information is discovered during Jesse's autopsy?
(a) That his left lung had collapsed.
(b) That his right lung had collapsed.
(c) That he had more bullets in him than anyone knew.
(d) That he had 2 hearts.
3. What is Zee doing when Jesse notices that Bob's underwear has unusual initials on them?
(b) The laundry.
(c) Trying to hide Bob's things.
(d) Throwing out the trash.
4. Where is "The House on the Hill" located?
(a) Oak Street.
(b) Lafayette Street.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Oak Avenue.
5. Where are Bob and Charley taken for questioning after Jesse's murder?
(a) A small farm outside of the city.
(b) The Buchanan County Courthouse.
(c) The sheriff's house.
(d) Jesse's kitchen, so they can re-enact the scene.
6. Who believes that the government supported Bob's actions toward Jesse?
(a) Nearly everyone.
(b) Everyone except the Ford family.
(c) Everyone except the James family.
(d) Very few people.
7. Who does Bob tell about Jesse's plans to rob the bank in Platte City?
(a) The governor.
8. Who wrote the song "The Ballade of Jesse James"?
(a) A bartender named Daniel Simpson.
(b) A musician named Frank Appleton.
(c) A sharecropper named Billy Gashade.
(d) A farmowner named Jameson Upton.
9. What is the name of the guerilla fighter Jesse compares Bob to one night?
(a) Mary Ann Walker.
(b) Alan Jackson.
(c) George Shepherd.
(d) Justin Pinkerton.
10. Where does Dick hide when Jesse arrives at Martha Bolton's house, looking for him?
(a) In the closet.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) In the attic.
(d) Beneath the bed.
11. What is one of the lines in "The Ballade of Jesse James"?
(a) "It was Robert Ford, that dirty little coward."
(b) "Robert Ford, sent from the lord, to do His word."
(c) "Robert Ford, a hero for every man."
(d) "I hope to shake Robert Ford's hand in heaven."
12. Who officiates Jesse's funeral?
(a) Rev. J.M.P. Martin.
(b) Enos Craig.
(c) Sheriff Timberlake.
13. On what notable day does Jesse rob the church?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
14. Who is the Sheriff who comes to Jesse's house to investigate his death?
(a) Sheriff Jimmy Powers.
(b) Sheriff Enos Craig.
(c) Sheriff Elias James.
(d) Sheriff James Barton.
15. After talking in town, whom does Sheriff Timberlake refer Bob and Dick to?
(a) A Missouri City police official.
(b) A Kansas City police official.
(c) A Texan police official.
(d) The president.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Jesse discover Charley is reading to the children?
2. Where do Jesse and Charley spend the night after leaving Martha Bolton's house together?
3. What habit of Jesse's does Bob pick up while staying at "The House on the Hill"?
4. How does Zee respond when Bob stops by with Charley while looking for Jesse?
5. Who is Elias?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)