|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bob do for a living while waiting to turn Jesse in?
(a) Work as a grocery clerk.
(b) Volunteer at a homeless shelter.
(c) Work as a mailman.
(d) Work at a bank.
2. How many days does Timberlake give Bob in an ultimatum for turning Jesse in?
3. Who provides Bob and Charley with an attorney?
(a) The priest of their church.
(d) Henry Craig.
4. How much does Alex Green offer to represent Zee for?
(b) For free.
5. How much of a reward does Jesse offer for Dick Liddil?
6. What does Bob do to kill time while at Jesse's house?
(a) Goes for really long hikes.
(b) Does small chores.
(d) Works on his autobiography.
7. Who is Jesse posing as when he moves with his family to "The House on the Hill"?
(a) Thomas Howard.
(b) Jesse Simpson.
(c) Howard Thomas.
(d) Jack Jameson.
8. How does Zerelda respond when she sees her son's body?
(a) She laughs, remembering all the fun they had.
(b) She is stoic.
(c) She wails and cries.
(d) She says that it is not him.
9. Why do law officials have to close the James's house?
(a) Because there are too many wild animals trying to get in.
(b) Because it is a crime scene.
(c) Because it is strangely cold outside.
(d) Because people are stealing everything they can.
10. How does Jesse know that Bob has been in Kansas City?
(a) His picture was taken by a reporter and run in the paper.
(b) He found some receipts in the trash can.
(c) He has a network of spies.
(d) He followed him himself.
11. On what day does Jesse tell Bob that he knows he has been in Kansas City?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) New Year's Day: Jesse wants to come clean for the new year.
(d) Palm Sunday.
12. Where is Craig's office located?
(a) In the courthouse.
(b) In the Times Building.
(c) In city hall.
(d) At the train station.
13. What does the governor tell Bob and Charley the reward money he'd promised depended on?
(a) What public opinion was at the time of their arrest.
(b) What public opinion is now.
(c) The railroads kicking in their shares.
(d) How valuable their information was.
14. What is one of the lines in "The Ballade of Jesse James"?
(a) "Robert Ford, a hero for every man."
(b) "Robert Ford, sent from the lord, to do His word."
(c) "I hope to shake Robert Ford's hand in heaven."
(d) "It was Robert Ford, that dirty little coward."
15. What does Jesse give Bob as a gift?
(a) New clothes.
(b) A very fancy hat.
(c) A new horse.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bob tell Jesse he's most afraid of?
2. What is the name of the attorney who offers to help Bob and Charley?
3. Who is Elias?
4. Where are Bob and Charley taken for questioning after Jesse's murder?
5. What initials does Bob have on his underwear?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)