|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wood react to learning about Dick and Sarah's affair?
(a) He doesn't really care.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He calls the police right away.
(d) He is jealous.
2. Who initially refuses to give into Bob's insistence that he be allowed to join the James gang?
3. What do some people misinterpret Zee's shyness as?
(b) A problem with her ability to speak.
(c) Being too good for friendships.
4. What is Clarence's relationship to Wood?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) Wood is the father; Clarence is the son.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They have no relation.
5. Who is Annie?
(a) Frank's secret girlfriend who sometimes comes along on robberies.
(b) Frank's wife.
(c) Frank's mother.
(d) Frank's sister.
6. Where does Dick end up renting a room during his affair with Sarah?
7. Which Younger brother is shot during a run-in with detectives?
8. Where does Jesse live until the Civil War is over?
9. Who dies as a result of the attack on Jesse's mother's house?
(a) His brother.
(b) Their beloved pet dog.
(c) No one.
(d) Jesse's mother.
10. Who ends up taking care of Jesse as he recovers from being shot?
(c) His mother.
11. What month was Jesse James born in?
12. What does Jesse give Chappy Foote as he leaves the train he robs on Independence Hill?
(a) A photograph of himself from the paper.
(b) A dollar.
(c) A signed picture.
(d) Directions for how to contact the police.
13. What is Charley's full name?
(a) Charles Woody.
(b) Charles Wilson Ford.
(c) Charles James.
(d) Charles Woodrow Wilson.
14. Who finds John's body?
(a) Dick and Wood.
(b) No one; it is never found.
(c) Sarah and Wood.
(d) Dick and Sarah.
15. Who shoots Jesse as the Civil War is ending?
(a) Confederate soldiers.
(b) The Secret Service.
(c) Union soldiers.
(d) The FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wood's full name?
2. What is Martha's marital status in the novel?
3. Where does Bob stop after being sent away from Jesse's home in Chapter 3?
4. What activity do Jesse and Bob do with Jesse's son?
5. When did Jesse's father die?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)