|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jesse respond to Bob's idea that he be next to him when they rob the train on Independence Hill?
(a) He ignores the comment.
(b) He doesn't object.
(c) He jumps for joy but is really being sarcastic.
(d) He is very angry.
2. How long are Jesse and Zee engaged before they actually marry?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 9 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 day.
3. Where does Jesse have "two incompletely healed bullet holes"?
(a) In his forearm.
(b) In his leg.
(c) In his chest.
(d) One in a leg, one in an arm.
4. Who is Sarah?
(a) Wood's niece.
(b) Wood's father's new wife.
(c) Wood's daughter.
(d) Wood's sister.
5. What does Jesse offer to do before departing the train he robs on Independence Hill?
(a) Take anyone with him who wants to join his gang.
(b) Shoot himself.
(c) Clear the tracks.
(d) Buy everyone a drink.
6. Where does Jesse live until the Civil War is over?
7. Who is Martha Bolton?
(a) Jesse's girlfriend.
(b) Jesse's sister.
(c) Bob's sister.
(d) Bob's girlfriend.
8. Where is Jesse James's home located when the novel opens?
(a) Birchwood Boulevard.
(b) Wood Street.
(c) Woodland Avenue.
(d) Oak Avenue.
9. What is Frank's full name?
(a) James Jackson Franklin Wood.
(b) Wood James Jackson.
(c) Franklin James Wood.
(d) Alexander Franklin James.
10. What newspaper does Jesse show Zee that causes her to become angry with him and with what he does for a living?
(a) The Dallas Star.
(b) The Kansas City Times.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Los Angeles Times.
11. Why doesn't Dick want Bob to tell Jesse about his involvement with Jim?
(a) He is afraid Jesse will retaliate.
(b) He is afraid Jesse will call the police.
(c) He is afraid Jesse will want to share the profits.
(d) He is afraid Jesse will be jealous.
12. What do Jesse and Frank do to the bank man who came to collect money from a kind woman who fed them once while on the road?
(a) Kidnap him.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Rob him.
(d) Threaten him but not actually do anything.
13. What happens to the twin boys Zee gives birth to?
(a) They die of crib death.
(b) They are taken by the state.
(c) They grow up to be good, law-abiding men.
(d) They are kidnapped.
14. What month was Jesse James born in?
15. According to one of Bob's stories, what do Jesse and his gang give to a kind woman who gave them a meal?
(a) Free groceries for a year.
(b) A very expensive necklace they got during one of their robberies.
(c) Money for her mortgage payment.
(d) A dozen roses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bob spend his childhood?
2. What is Wood's relationship to Jesse?
3. Who is John W. Whicher?
4. What is Wood's full name?
5. When does Jesse propose to Zee?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)