|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he is about to rob the train on Independence Hill, who does Jesse introduce himself to?
(a) No one; he refuses to talk during robberies.
(b) The engineer.
(d) The mayor.
2. What is Frank's full name?
(a) Wood James Jackson.
(b) James Jackson Franklin Wood.
(c) Alexander Franklin James.
(d) Franklin James Wood.
3. What do Jesse and Frank do to the bank man who came to collect money from a kind woman who fed them once while on the road?
(a) Rob him.
(b) Threaten him but not actually do anything.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Shoot him.
4. What do detectives throw into Jesse's mother's house?
(a) A brick with a threatening note stuck to it.
(b) A Malatov cocktail.
(c) A listening device.
(d) A "railroad pot."
5. According to one of Bob's stories, what do Jesse and his gang give to a kind woman who gave them a meal?
(a) Money for her mortgage payment.
(b) Free groceries for a year.
(c) A dozen roses.
(d) A very expensive necklace they got during one of their robberies.
6. What does Zee tell Jesse she wants to know about how he earns a living?
(a) Only what he gets, not how he gets it.
(b) Lies so she knows what to tell the neighbors.
(c) Every detail.
(d) She doesn't want to know about it.
7. Why doesn't Dick want Bob to tell Jesse about his involvement with Jim?
(a) He is afraid Jesse will call the police.
(b) He is afraid Jesse will retaliate.
(c) He is afraid Jesse will be jealous.
(d) He is afraid Jesse will want to share the profits.
8. What is Wood's full name?
(a) Robert Woodson Hite.
(b) Woodster Acolute James Jackson.
(c) Woody Acolute James.
(d) Samuel Wood James.
9. Who is Zee named after?
(a) No one.
(b) Jesse's mother.
(c) A character in the Bible.
(d) The town mayor's wife.
10. What newspaper does Jesse show Zee that causes her to become angry with him and with what he does for a living?
(a) The Kansas City Times.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Los Angeles Times.
(d) The Dallas Star.
11. Who is Martha Bolton?
(a) Bob's sister.
(b) Jesse's girlfriend.
(c) Jesse's sister.
(d) Bob's girlfriend.
12. Who kills Ed Cummins?
13. What is Zee's full name?
(a) Zerelda Amanda Mimms James.
(b) Zeedidah Amanda.
(c) Zelda Amy Simpleton.
(d) Zee Thomason.
14. Who shoots Jesse as the Civil War is ending?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Confederate soldiers.
(c) The Secret Service.
(d) Union soldiers.
15. Who ends up taking care of Jesse as he recovers from being shot?
(a) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bob's full name?
2. Who is Susan?
3. Where does Jesse have "two incompletely healed bullet holes"?
4. Who initially refuses to give into Bob's insistence that he be allowed to join the James gang?
5. On what hand is Jesse missing a piece of his finger?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)