|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his recovery from being shot, what college does Jesse decide he wants to go to?
(a) Kansas State University.
(b) The local community college.
(c) Georgetown College.
(d) Florida State University.
2. Who is Martha Bolton?
(a) Bob's sister.
(b) Jesse's sister.
(c) Jesse's girlfriend.
(d) Bob's girlfriend.
3. What is the address of Jesse's new home in Chapter 3?
(a) 1500 Main Street.
(b) 101 Main Street.
(c) 1017 Troost Avenue.
(d) 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
4. How does Wood react to learning about Dick and Sarah's affair?
(a) He doesn't really care.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He calls the police right away.
5. What is Zee's full name?
(a) Zelda Amy Simpleton.
(b) Zeedidah Amanda.
(c) Zerelda Amanda Mimms James.
(d) Zee Thomason.
6. Who does Susan marry?
(a) Allen Palmer.
(b) Jesse's nephew.
(c) The town sherrif.
7. Why do detectives attack Jesse's mother's house?
(a) They think she has information on where Jesse is hiding.
(b) They think Jesse has stashed money there.
(c) They think she is the one in charge of the gang, not Jesse.
(d) They think Jesse is hiding inside.
8. When does Jesse tell the gang that they'll divide the spoils of the robbery of the train on Independence Hill?
(a) In exactly one month.
(c) In one week.
(d) As soon as the train departs.
9. What is Wood's relationship to Jesse?
(a) They were cell mates in jail and now are friends.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are sworn enemies.
(d) They are brothers.
10. Who is John W. Whicher?
(a) A detective.
(b) Jesse's friend and neighbor.
(c) A man interested in Jesse's wife.
(d) Jesse's adoptive father.
11. Who dies as a result of the attack on Jesse's mother's house?
(a) No one.
(b) His brother.
(c) Their beloved pet dog.
(d) Jesse's mother.
12. What is Frank's relationship to Jesse?
(a) They are friends from college.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are friends from childhood.
13. On what hand is Jesse missing a piece of his finger?
(a) His left hand.
(b) This is a trick question: neither hand.
(c) This is a trick question: both hands.
(d) His right hand.
14. As he is about to rob the train on Independence Hill, who does Jesse introduce himself to?
(a) The mayor.
(b) No one; he refuses to talk during robberies.
(c) The engineer.
15. How old is Wood when he is first introduced?
(a) Last twenties.
(b) Late teens.
(c) Late forties.
(d) Late thirties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper does Jesse show Zee that causes her to become angry with him and with what he does for a living?
2. Who is John Tabor?
3. Who is Annie?
4. What is Martha's marital status in the novel?
5. Who is Chappy Foote?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)