|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Annie?
(a) Frank's mother.
(b) Frank's secret girlfriend who sometimes comes along on robberies.
(c) Frank's wife.
(d) Frank's sister.
2. Why does Wood's father remarry?
(a) He likes women too much to stay single.
(b) He has to marry to keep his identity secret.
(c) He has to marry to stay out of jail.
(d) His first wife dies.
3. How old is Charley when he is first introduced into the novel?
4. During his recovery from being shot, what does Jesse decide he wants to do for a career?
(a) Be a lawyer.
(b) Be a minister.
(c) Be a teacher.
(d) Be a doctor.
5. When does Jesse tell the gang that they'll divide the spoils of the robbery of the train on Independence Hill?
(b) In exactly one month.
(c) As soon as the train departs.
(d) In one week.
6. How often does Bob talk as the gang waits for the train on Independence Hill to arrive?
(a) He only answers questions with one word.
(b) Not at all; he is too nervous.
(c) He goes from talking a mile a minute to not talking at all.
(d) Almost constantly.
7. What year was Jesse James born in?
8. What does Zee think happens to Jesse when he is around his friend Cole Younger?
(a) He gets quiet.
(b) He gets too drunk.
(c) He gets nicer.
(d) He gets vicious.
9. What does Bob buy for himself after being sent away from Jesse's home in Chapter 3?
(a) New clothes.
(b) A new gun.
(c) A new Bible.
(d) A new car.
10. How does Wood react to learning about Dick and Sarah's affair?
(a) He calls the police right away.
(b) He doesn't really care.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is angry.
11. While robbing the rain on Independence Hill, what does Frank want to know about the passengers?
(a) If any of them have heard of Jesse James before.
(b) If any of them are preachers or widows.
(c) If any woman there is pregnant.
(d) If any of them have children back at home.
12. What does Jesse give Chappy Foote as he leaves the train he robs on Independence Hill?
(a) A signed picture.
(b) A dollar.
(c) A photograph of himself from the paper.
(d) Directions for how to contact the police.
13. Where do Dick and Sarah first have their affair?
(a) In the church.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In an outhouse.
(d) In her bedroom.
14. Who is John Tabor?
(a) Dick's servant.
(b) Sarah's servant.
(c) Jesse's servant.
(d) Wood's servant.
15. When does Jesse propose to Zee?
(a) On her birthday.
(b) On Christmas Day.
(c) On his birthday.
(d) On the same day he wants to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sarah?
2. As he is about to rob the train on Independence Hill, who does Jesse introduce himself to?
3. Why doesn't Dick want Bob to tell Jesse about his involvement with Jim?
4. Who is Martha Bolton?
5. Where does Dick end up renting a room during his affair with Sarah?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)