|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspaper does Jesse show Zee that causes her to become angry with him and with what he does for a living?
(a) The Dallas Star.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Kansas City Times.
(d) The Los Angeles Times.
2. What does Jesse offer to do before departing the train he robs on Independence Hill?
(a) Shoot himself.
(b) Take anyone with him who wants to join his gang.
(c) Buy everyone a drink.
(d) Clear the tracks.
3. Where does Dick hide when Jesse arrives at Martha Bolton's house, looking for him?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) Beneath the bed.
(d) In the closet.
4. Who is John W. Whicher?
(a) A man interested in Jesse's wife.
(b) Jesse's adoptive father.
(c) Jesse's friend and neighbor.
(d) A detective.
5. Who is Dick Liddil?
(a) James's friend from college.
(b) James's cousin.
(c) James's son.
(d) James's step-father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jesse keep Bob around even though he sends the rest of the gang away in Chapter 3?
2. When did Jesse's father die?
3. What does the doctor decide after Jesse is shot during his younger years?
4. Where are the Hites from?
5. During his recovery from being shot, what does Jesse decide he wants to do for a career?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)