|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many essay collections and books did G. K. Chesterton write in his lifetime?
2. Who wrote "An Apology for Idlers?"
(a) Maria Edgeworth.
(b) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(d) George Orwell.
3. Who wrote "Such, Such Were the Joys..."?
(a) William Hazlitt.
(b) George Orwell.
(c) Richard Steele.
(d) Sei Shonagon.
4. What is a frequent subject of Lu Hsun's work?
(a) Ships and sailing.
(b) Poverty and the struggle that results from it.
(c) The class system.
(d) The beauty of the natural world.
5. What inspired Ivan Turgenev's view of servants?
(a) He was raised by a servant.
(b) He was raised watching his mother abuse all of those around her.
(c) His father was killed by a servant.
(d) Turgenev's father trafficked in slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hsun addressing in his essay "Death?"
2. How does Lu Hsun's work create trouble for him?
3. What illness did Virginia Woolf have to deal with at several times in her life?
4. When was Walter Benjamin Born?
5. What occupation did Lu Hsun abandon to become a writer?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)