Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the execution take place in "The Execution of Tropmann?"
(a) 1870 A.D.
(b) 1547 A.D.
(c) 345 A.D.
(d) 1952 A.D.
2. Who wrote "Leaving the Movie Theater?"
(a) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(b) Jose Luis Borges.
(c) Sara Suleri.
(d) Roland Barthes.
3. What term best describes the type of literature written by Virginia Woolf?
(b) Epic poetry.
(d) Modern fiction.
4. Who wrote "Going Out for a Walk?"
(a) Ou-Yank Hsiu.
(c) G. K. Chesterton.
(d) Max Beerbohm.
5. What title did Thurber give to his humorous autobiographical essay?
(a) James Thurber: Confidential.
(b) Autobiography of a Biographist.
(c) The Secret Life of James Thurber.
(d) James Thurber, I Hardly Knew You.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a frequent subject of Lu Hsun's work?
2. What tragedy did Seymour Krim endure as a child?
3. What nationality is Walter Benjamin?
4. Which person in Virginia Woolf's life died when Woolf was very young?
5. What might best describe the attitude of the author in "Such, Such Were the Joys..."?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)