|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "The Crack-Up"?
(a) E. B. White.
(b) Ou-Yank Hsiu.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Edward Hoagland.
2. When was Virginia Woolf born?
(a) 1882 A. D.
(b) 1772 A. D.
(c) 1616 A. D.
(d) 1475 A. D.
3. Who wrote "Street Haunting?"
(a) Michel de Montaigne.
(b) Phillip Lopate.
(c) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(d) Virginia Woolf.
4. What death did M.F.K. Fisher have to endure that she writes about?
(a) The death of her daughter.
(b) The death of her second husband.
(c) The death of her son.
(d) The death of her nephew.
5. Who wrote "Walking"?
(a) Henry David Thoreau.
(b) Seymour Krim.
(c) Phillip Lopate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title did Thurber give to his humorous autobiographical essay?
2. What illness did Virginia Woolf have to deal with at several times in her life?
3. What inspired Ivan Turgenev's view of servants?
4. Robert Louis Stevenson is today best known for what type of writings?
5. When was Junichiro Tanizaki born?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)