|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Other Cultures, Other Continents.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a well-known story written by Robert Louis Stevenson?
(a) Treasure Island.
(b) The Tell-Tale Heart.
(d) The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
2. What is Michel de Montaigne considered to be?
(a) The greatest playwright who ever lived.
(b) The greatest biographer who ever lived.
(c) The greatest poet who ever lived.
(d) The greatest essayist who ever lived.
3. Which of the following is NOT a feature of Charles Lamb's writing?
(b) Pen names.
(c) Excessive moralizing.
(d) Exaggerated metaphors.
4. Who wrote "This Tool Is Life?"
(a) Virginia Woolf.
(b) Junichiro Tanizaki.
(c) Lu Hsun.
(d) Natalia Ginzburg.
5. Who wrote "Leaving the Movie Theater?"
(a) Jose Luis Borges.
(b) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(c) Sara Suleri.
(d) Roland Barthes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a typical Virginia Woolf focus in her essays?
2. Who wrote "On the Pleasure of Hating"?
3. Who wrote "How to Start to Write?"
4. When was Seneca the Younger born?
5. Plutarch was a priest of which temple?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)