|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Forerunners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Plutarch die?
(a) 345 A.D.
(b) 297 B.C.
(c) 120 A.D.
(d) 800 B.C.
2. Seneca the Younger adheres to which school of philosophy?
3. What did Kenko become in 1324?
(a) The emperor of Japan.
(b) A Buddhist monk.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) An ambassador.
4. What does "Pleasure Boat Studio" refer to?
(a) The nickname for a room in a governmental office.
(b) A private place in the park by the pond.
(c) A studio in which Ou-Yank Hsiu loves to paint seascapes.
(d) A ship that houses several prostitutes.
5. In "Slaves," what accounts for the bad behavior of slaves?
(a) The bad treatment they receive.
(b) Their innate barbarity.
(c) Their confined quarters.
(d) Their diet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reasoning does Plutarch offer in "Consolation to His Wife?"
2. What attitude does Seneca have toward slaves in "Slaves?"
3. In what century did Sei Shonagon live?
4. Why is Plutarch consoling his wife in "Consolation to His Wife?"
5. Plutarch is known for his tenderness towards which group of people?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)