|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The American Scene-Page 479-585.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what character may many of Montaigne's writings may be considered similar to?
2. What death did M.F.K. Fisher have to endure that she writes about?
(a) The death of her second husband.
(b) The death of her nephew.
(c) The death of her daughter.
(d) The death of her son.
3. Who wrote "The Death of the Moth?"
(a) Maria Edgeworth.
(c) Virginia Woolf.
(d) Max Beerbohm.
4. Robert Louis Stevenson is today best known for what type of writings?
(b) Diary entries.
5. Who wrote "Once a Tramp, Always..."?
(a) Seymour Krim.
(b) James Thurber.
(c) M. F. K. Fisher.
(d) Sei Shonagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the essay "Once a Tramp, Always...?"
2. What is wrong with the child in "Of A Monstrous Child?"
3. What title did Thurber give to his humorous autobiographical essay?
4. From his second book on, what subject did Montaigne promise to pursue?
5. Who wrote "On Being an American?"
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)