|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people does the author advise against wooing with Christian piety or the occult?
2. What is one way the author describes to weave fiction and nonfiction together when seducing?
3. What living arrangement enabled Genji to have regular contact with his young conquest?
4. Who does the author say is a seducer, despite his honesty in relationships?
5. What options does the author say seducers have after a few trysts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say makes a great illusion?
2. How does the author say one can practice seductive writing?
3. How is the girl isolated by Aly Khan in Chapter 15, "Isolate the Victim"?
4. Describe the relationship of Johannes and the shy woman he likes in Chapter 10, "Use the Demonic Power of Words to Sow Confusion".
5. How does the author explain that idealization is an important part of the seduction process?
6. According to the author, how can one be poetic without using poetry?
7. Describe the type of results, from Chapter 23, "Master the Art of the Bold Move" that one can experience from seduction.
8. How does Casanova respond to a father sending his daughter away, as described in Chapter 9, "Lead Astray-Creating Pleasure and Confusion"?
9. What does the author say is the allure for some of the forbidden desires that seducers crave?
10. In Chapter 21, how is the story of the beautiful woman who hosts a writer's salon an example of intellectual seduction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare seduction to martial arts. Include examples of techniques, training, strategies and outcomes.
Essay Topic 2
How do people display their power when they seduce? What strengths are required for success at seduction? How do seducers play on their weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
What details must one pay attention to, in order to seduce someone? Describe an example from the text of someone who paid attention to details. How are people who pay attention to details perceived?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)