|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is the greatest danger for a relationship?
2. What is different about Errol Flynn's seduction of Nora Eddington in Chapter 22, "Use Physical Lures"?
3. The author suggests that all relationships rely on some element of _____ in order to be maintained.
4. What does the author say can support a seduction of a spouse or soldiers for a cause?
5. The author writes that Errol Flynn's seduction worked _____ rather than _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author say one can weave fiction and nonfiction together when seducing?
2. What does the author say is the benefit of knowing your target?
3. What is the "proving phase" discussed in Chapter 16?
4. What is the outcome of the journalist's interview with the Shah of Iran in Chapter 20?
5. What does the author say makes a great illusion?
6. What changes does the author suggest people make to show attention to details?
7. According to the author, how can one be poetic without using poetry?
8. Why does the author say Errol Flynn succeeds at seducing Nora Eddington?
9. How does the author say seducers should approach gift giving?
10. How does Lord Byron engage in taboos in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do some people thrive in relationships when there are difficult circumstances? What is appealing about conflict for seducers? How does the conflict help them?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the author suggest that reality has no place in seduction? How does combining a fact with some element of fantasy keeps the deception going?
Essay Topic 3
What makes The Art of Seduction a controversial book? What is the objective of the book? What conclusions does the author make about romance?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)