|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author also suggests that all relationships based in _____ and _____ are boring.
2. In Chapter 13, what is the woman like that the seducer goes after?
3. The relationship between Casanova and Mathilde allows for _____ to be used and natural _____ to emerge.
4. How does the strategy used by the man in Chapter 13 help gain sympathy from the seducee?
5. What does the author say helps seducers find the best ways to prove themselves to targets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say is the benefit of knowing your target?
2. How does the author say seducers should approach gift giving?
3. How does Lord Byron engage in taboos in Chapter 18?
4. How does the author say one can practice seductive writing?
5. In Chapter 21, how is the story of the beautiful woman who hosts a writer's salon an example of intellectual seduction?
6. How does the author say one can weave fiction and nonfiction together when seducing?
7. How is the girl isolated by Aly Khan in Chapter 15, "Isolate the Victim"?
8. What is the victim strategy discussed in Chapter 13?
9. Why does the author say Errol Flynn succeeds at seducing Nora Eddington?
10. What changes does the author suggest people make to show attention to details?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author suggest that reality has no place in seduction? How does combining a fact with some element of fantasy keeps the deception going?
Essay Topic 2
What type of people are used as examples in the book? How does the author play on the readers' sense of being in the world? How does the author seduce readers?
Essay Topic 3
How can one use mixed signals to seduce a target? What skills must be mastered in order to do this? What is an example of someone successfully using mixed signals in seduction?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)