|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author say attempts to create a union with a Russian Czar that will include a divorce from his wife?
2. The author explains that gaining popularity applies to _____ as much as it does to romance.
3. What does the author say people have the power to cultivate?
4. What quality does the target have that makes the seducer want to indulge him or her?
5. What seductive power does Lawrence use on his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lawrence and Jessie's friendship altered in Chapter 5, "Create a Need: Stir Anxiety & Discomfort"?
2. How does Madame Recamier send mixed signals in Book 2: Chapter 3?
3. Describe the ruse that Don Juan's victim devises in Chapter 8, "Create Temptation".
4. Describe the female Dandy.
5. How does the author describe indecisive results in seduction on the military scale?
6. How does the author describe Napoleon's use of insinuation?
7. Describe "the wound" from Chapter 5, "Create a Need: Stir Anxiety & Discomfort".
8. Describe the "magnet and steel effect" that is discussed in Book 2: Chapter 3.
9. How is insinuation used in the Chapter 6 story of the married woman who has an affair with a younger man?
10. In The Charismatic, how does Rasputin, the peasant, show his Charismatic qualities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare spiritual lures to physical lures in seduction. How are they similar? How are they different? Which is more effective, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What is poetic about Eva Peron of Argentina's presence? Who does she seduce? What is the outcome of her seduction?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the gender roles in The Art of Seduction. Are males and females equal, in terms of seduction? Does the book show bias to one gender or another? Why or why not?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)