|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous Madame does the author describe as the main figure in The Ideal Lover?
2. In The Coquette, how is the wife that the author describes cold?
3. What type of women are especially trusting of male efforts to pursue friendships with them?
4. In the same example from Chapter 2: Create a False Sense of Security-Approach Indirectly, how does the man indirectly attempt to seduce the woman?
5. What does the author say seducers have the ability to stir up during the experience of seduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "the wound" from Chapter 5, "Create a Need: Stir Anxiety & Discomfort".
2. Why does the author describe Andy Warhol as a cold Coquette?
3. Describe the "magnet and steel effect" that is discussed in Book 2: Chapter 3.
4. What value does the author give in knowing Anti-Seducer traits?
5. What does the author say is the seductive power of the charmer?
6. How does the author's statement about habitual affection between spouses contradict other statements about seduction?
7. What challenges does the author name that women face in positioning themselves in business?
8. Describe the ruse that Don Juan's victim devises in Chapter 8, "Create Temptation".
9. What Star qualities of Count Saint-Germaine does the author describe that have appeal to the notorious Casanova?
10. Why does the author insist that most victims of seduction are willing ones?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the victims in The Art of Seduction? How are these victims different from victims of crime or abuse? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 2
What makes The Art of Seduction a controversial book? What is the objective of the book? What conclusions does the author make about romance?
Essay Topic 3
How can one use mixed signals to seduce a target? What skills must be mastered in order to do this? What is an example of someone successfully using mixed signals in seduction?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)