|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does success represent for the male Rake?
2. Who does the author say attempts to create a union with a Russian Czar that will include a divorce from his wife?
3. The author says that Marlene Dietrich also had an element of what to her?
4. What is Casanova's counterpart famous for?
5. What famous Madame does the author describe as the main figure in The Ideal Lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe Napoleon's use of insinuation?
2. What is unusual about the relationship between the world leader and the journalist described in Chapter 7, "Enter Their Spirit"?
3. What types of ideas does the author say a seductive woman might be inspired by?
4. Why does the author say a seducer should never try to seduce his or her own type?
5. What Star qualities of Count Saint-Germaine does the author describe that have appeal to the notorious Casanova?
6. How does Madame Recamier send mixed signals in Book 2: Chapter 3?
7. Describe how Marlene Dietrich developed a method of success that was unlike most other women in the theater.
8. In The Charmer, what does the statement, "Charmed, I'm sure" communicate?
9. What challenges does the author name that women face in positioning themselves in business?
10. Describe the ruse that Don Juan's victim devises in Chapter 8, "Create Temptation".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is poetic about Eva Peron of Argentina's presence? Who does she seduce? What is the outcome of her seduction?
Essay Topic 2
Why do some people thrive in relationships when there are difficult circumstances? What is appealing about conflict for seducers? How does the conflict help them?
Essay Topic 3
What value does regression have to a relationship? What issues are brought up in a regression? How can a seducer use these issues to his or her advantage?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)