|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author suggest is deceptive to emphasize?
2. Who does the author say attempts to create a union with a Russian Czar that will include a divorce from his wife?
3. What female philosopher is named as a female dandy?
4. What does Don Juan tell a woman to convince her to run away with him?
5. The author states that the power of what is not rooted in physical appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lou Andreas Salome create triangles in Chapter 4?
2. In The Charismatic, how does Rasputin, the peasant, show his Charismatic qualities?
3. What does the author say is required for one to indulge another?
4. Why does the author describe Andy Warhol as a cold Coquette?
5. According to the author, what makes the Rake a decidedly masculine figure?
6. How does the author describe Napoleon's use of insinuation?
7. What challenges does the author name that women face in positioning themselves in business?
8. How is Lawrence and Jessie's friendship altered in Chapter 5, "Create a Need: Stir Anxiety & Discomfort"?
9. Why does the author say a seducer should never try to seduce his or her own type?
10. How does Madame Recamier send mixed signals in Book 2: Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to the author, does true love exist? What evidence suggests this? How can seduction be used in long-term relationships?
Essay Topic 2
How are emotions manipulated in The Art of Seduction? What benefit does a relationship have to stirring anxiety and discontent? What draws people to create drama in their own relationships?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the common results the seducers in the text seek? Are they respected for their techniques? Are their strategies based in reality or fantasy? Explain.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)