|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6: Master the Art of Insinuation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worked "like a charm" in the Madame's relationship with the King?
(a) She spread rumors about the other women.
(b) She learned to cook all of his favorite meals.
(c) She nurtured herself and the King.
(d) She only said kind things to him.
2. What man is discussed in The Coquette, whose love distracts him from his other activities?
3. What was "the trick," that the author describes, that was used against Cleopatra?
(a) Being mean to her, then apologizing with gifts.
(b) Being nice to her without getting particularly emotional.
(c) Playing hard to get.
(d) Asking for favors first thing in the morning.
4. What does the author say epitomizes girlish charm?
(a) The little fairy tale princess with her shoes and gown.
(b) Beauty pageant contestants.
(d) Girls with attitudes.
5. The morning after the tryst with the married woman in "Master the Art of Insinuation" , who advises and releases the young man?
(a) The married woman.
(b) The servants.
(c) The husband.
(d) The young man's other lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Natural/The Coquette, the author describe a woman who is able to receive funding through _____ rather than _____.
2. In the same example from Chapter 2: Create a False Sense of Security-Approach Indirectly, how does the man indirectly attempt to seduce the woman?
3. The author says that Marlene Dietrich also had an element of what to her?
4. How does the author say one defies the rules of seduction?
5. What does the author say people have the power to cultivate?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)