|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Appear to be an Object of Desire-Create Triangles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does success represent for the male Rake?
(a) A sign of more women to come.
(b) The finale of the drama.
(c) The beginning of a long relationship.
(d) A boost in his self-esteem.
2. The Star creates a _____ with some kinds of _____.
(b) Dramatic effect/Feelings of intimacy.
(c) Marketing plan/Publicity.
(d) Beautiful picture/Illusion.
3. The author warns readers that _____ is a danger to _____ in seduction.
(b) Falling in love/Variety.
(c) A spouse/Happiness.
4. What does the author say people have the power to cultivate?
(c) Business relationships.
(d) Life-long friendships.
5. What do seducers partly do through seduction?
(a) Give away part of their souls.
(b) Spread love.
(c) Fill a need.
(d) Cause long-term damage.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says that Marlene Dietrich also had an element of what to her?
2. The author says that the art of seduction leads to justified _____ or to _____ pertaining to people's social behaviors.
3. Who does the author say the Rake in modern America might find his niche with?
4. What does the author suggest is deceptive to emphasize?
5. What does Rasputin, the poor peasant, call the well-off?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)