|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Appear to be an Object of Desire-Create Triangles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author compares indirect approaches of seduction to what?
(a) Martial arts.
(b) Jumping rope.
(c) Playing chess.
(d) Military strategy.
2. Who does the author say is seduced by Count Saint-Germain?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Oscar Wilde.
3. The author warns readers that _____ is a danger to _____ in seduction.
(b) A spouse/Happiness.
(c) Falling in love/Variety.
4. In The Coquette, how is the wife that the author describes cold?
(a) She refuses the companionship that her husband repeatedly asks for.
(b) She ignores her husband when he talks to her.
(c) She complains about his friends, when he is clearly lonely.
(d) She says she would prefer the company of generals than her husband.
5. With men who are Rakes, the harder a woman is to get, the what?
(a) More frustrated he becomes.
(b) More angry he becomes.
(c) Harder he will try.
(d) Less he will try.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the same example from Chapter 2: Create a False Sense of Security-Approach Indirectly, how does the man indirectly attempt to seduce the woman?
2. What strategy does the author describe that a person can partially control to gain popularity in business?
3. What group, according to the author, might experience some chaos at times about where they have been placed professionally?
4. What charming woman does the author describe whose persuasiveness and popularity were so intense that people rejected her husband?
5. Who does the author say the Rake in modern America might find his niche with?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)