|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Appear to be an Object of Desire-Create Triangles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of seducer is poet Oscar Wilde known to be?
2. Who does the author say is seduced by Count Saint-Germain?
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Oscar Wilde.
3. What career are Charismatic types "ideal" for?
4. What type of people does the author say has an advantage in getting hired?
(a) People who lie on their resumes.
(b) People who know someone who works at the company.
(c) Aesthetically and sexually attractive people.
(d) Creative people with good ideas.
5. In The Coquette, how is the wife that the author describes cold?
(a) She says she would prefer the company of generals than her husband.
(b) She ignores her husband when he talks to her.
(c) She complains about his friends, when he is clearly lonely.
(d) She refuses the companionship that her husband repeatedly asks for.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is essential about the seducers sending mixed signals?
2. When are the Stars often most effective, according to the author?
3. What famous Madame does the author describe as the main figure in The Ideal Lover?
4. What was "the trick," that the author describes, that was used against Cleopatra?
5. Who does the author say the Rake in modern America might find his niche with?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)