|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Charismatic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Dandy is the quintessential what?
(b) Ladies man.
2. What word does the author use to describe people who are impervious to attempts to charm them?
3. In The Natural/The Coquette, the author describe a woman who is able to receive funding through _____ rather than _____.
(a) Romance/Cleaning houses.
4. With men who are Rakes, the harder a woman is to get, the what?
(a) More frustrated he becomes.
(b) Less he will try.
(c) More angry he becomes.
(d) Harder he will try.
5. Why is Genji sent away?
(a) He is getting too much attention from women.
(b) He sleeps with someone close to the Emperor.
(c) It is time for him to be married.
(d) He kills the Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Coquette, how is the wife that the author describes cold?
2. Who does the author say the Rake in modern America might find his niche with?
3. Who is included as an example of someone who abandons personal dreams for the purpose of fulfilling society's needs and aspirations?
4. What does Rasputin, the poor peasant, call the well-off?
5. What man is discussed in The Coquette, whose love distracts him from his other activities?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)