|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Charismatic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What female philosopher is named as a female dandy?
2. What man is discussed in The Coquette, whose love distracts him from his other activities?
3. The author states that many of the world's greatest ____ have been charming.
(a) Game show hosts.
(d) Social workers.
4. Why is Genji sent away?
(a) He is getting too much attention from women.
(b) He kills the Emperor.
(c) It is time for him to be married.
(d) He sleeps with someone close to the Emperor.
5. What famous Madame does the author describe as the main figure in The Ideal Lover?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Queen Victoria become one of Disraeli's strongest supporters?
2. In The Natural/The Coquette, the author describe a woman who is able to receive funding through _____ rather than _____.
3. Who is included as an example of someone who abandons personal dreams for the purpose of fulfilling society's needs and aspirations?
4. What does Rasputin, the poor peasant, call the well-off?
5. With men who are Rakes, the harder a woman is to get, the what?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)