|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What imaginary friend does Enzo believe repays us for whatever we do in this life?
2. What park do Enzo and Denny walk through in Chapter 36?
3. In Chapter 38, Mark Fein panics when Zoë asks to see whom?
4. In Chapter 35, who bring Enzo home to Denny?
5. What martial arts star does Enzo know is buried at the cemetery he goes to with Denny in Chapter 36?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the meaning of Enzo's metaphor to race car driving in Chapter 30?
2. How is the character of Mrs. Swift further developed through Denny's discussion in Chapter 55?
3. What does Denny tell Zoë when he is banned from seeing her in Chapter 38? In what ways do they communicate during this time?
4. What does Enzo's car accident foreshadow in Chapter 46?
5. What happens when Denny goes to sign the custody papers in Chapter 48? What does Enzo do and why?
6. What redeeming change do Denny's parents undergo in Chapter 53?
7. In what ways does the plot progress in Chapter 29? What actions and motivations are revealed in this chapter?
8. What does Enzo discover about Trish's motivations and thoughts in Chapter 39?
9. How are Maxwell and Trish established as the antagonists of the novel in Chapter 44?
10. What does Denny discover about Zoë in Chapter 42? What leads to this discovery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the actions and objectives of Maxwell and Trish. What do Eve's parents hope to attain through the trial and why? Also describe the changes in Denny's legal team in Chapters 44 and 45. How does Mr. Lawrence's approach to Denny's trial differ from Mark Fein's?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the events in Chapters 22 and 23 and their significance to the plot of the narrative. How is foreshadowing used in this section of the narrative? What is foreshadowed by Maxwell and Trish taking Eve and Zoë into their home? How does Denny feel about the situation?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the characters of Mike and Tony and Enzo's experiences staying with them. How does Enzo feel about these characters? How do Mike and Tony relate to Enzo and to Denny? What does Enzo learn from the incident with his favorite toy?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)