|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Enzo claims that dogs are much more intelligent than what?
2. In Chapter 18, Enzo says that he is ready to do what?
3. Eve tells Enzo that she feels as though something is what, in Chapter 12?
4. Enzo notices that he and who have grown apart in Chapter 20?
5. What stuffed animal of Zoë's does Enzo come to believe is evil in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Zoë and Enzo go to Trish and Maxwell's house in Chapter 15? How does Enzo describe Trish and Maxwell?
2. How does the title of the book arise in Chapter 8? How does Enzo internalize Denny's comment?
3. What events take place surrounding Denny and Eve in Chapter 9? How does Enzo describe Eve's condition?
4. What does Denny propose to Eve in Chapter 16? What is Eve's response?
5. What does Enzo spend a summer day doing in Chapter 8? What advice does Denny relate?
6. What do Maxwell and Trish ask of Denny in Chapter 23? What is Denny's response?
7. How does the relationship between Enzo and Eve develop in Chapter 23?
8. Why is Enzo sent to Mike and Tony's in Chapter 19? What happens with Enzo's toy there?
9. What are Enzo's views on television? What channels does he particularly enjoy and why?
10. How does Enzo's relationship with Eve develop in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the narrative style of the novel. From whose perspective is the story related? What is unique about this point of view? Is this point of view omniscient or limited? Is the story related in the past, present, or future tense? What kind of personality does the narrator exhibit?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the third-degree child rape charges against Denny in the narrative. What are the minimum and maximum penalties for these charges? What do they mean regarding Zoë's custody battle? Who pressed the charges and on what basis?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the characters of Maxwell and Trish in the novel. How do Eve's parents feel about Denny? What relationship do they share with their daughter? In what ways does Eve stand up to her parents? How does Enzo feel about Eve's parents?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)