|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 55, Denny tells Mike Fein that he and his parents had been what for many years?
(a) On great terms.
(b) Involved in stocks.
(d) Living in Ireland.
2. How much money is Denny left owing the vet after leaving with Enzo in Chapter 48?
3. What is the name of the cemetery that Enzo and Denny go to in Chapter 36?
(a) Mt. Zion Cemetery.
(b) Rose Hill Cemetery.
(c) Lake View Cemetery.
(d) Andersonville Cemetery.
4. In Chapter 29, Denny and Enzo go to Maxwell and Trish's house the day Eve dies and Enzo tries playing fetch with whom, to no avail?
5. In Chapter 49, Denny signs custody papers giving full charge of Zoë to whom?
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Swift.
(c) Trish and Maxwell.
(d) Mark Fein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a fee paid to secure services, as of a lawyer?
2. How is Enzo injured in Chapter 46?
3. In Chapter 33, Enzo says that the emotion of what he is about to say is true, although he freely admits that "the facts may be" what?
4. Zoë talks to Enzo about escaping where to find her father in Chapter 38?
5. What is the highest class of single seater auto racing sanctioned by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Enzo's health problems progress in Chapter 51? How does he feel about his situation?
2. What does Enzo encounter when he is returned to Denny in Chapter 35? What do they do together?
3. What is foreshadowed by the change in narrative voice in Chapter 54? What is revealed by the narrator?
4. What is the purpose of Enzo's story of Ayrton Senna in Chapter 47?
5. What does Enzo's car accident foreshadow in Chapter 46?
6. What does Denny tell Zoë when he is banned from seeing her in Chapter 38? In what ways do they communicate during this time?
7. How and why does Denny's legal team change in Chapter 45? What are the plans moving forward?
8. In what ways does the plot progress in Chapter 29? What actions and motivations are revealed in this chapter?
9. How are Denny's parents introduced in Chapter 52? How do they compare with Trish and Maxwell?
10. Where do Denny and Enzo begin walking in Chapter 36? How does Enzo describe the walk?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)