|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What martial arts star does Enzo know is buried at the cemetery he goes to with Denny in Chapter 36?
(a) Tsui Hark.
(b) Bruce Lee.
(c) Jackie Chan.
(d) John Woo.
2. Who was the winner of the 24 Hours of LeMans in 1949?
(a) Luca Pantoni.
(b) Luigi Chinetti.
(c) Ayrton Senna.
(d) Enzo Ferrari.
3. Denny's father gives Denny what in Chapter 53?
(a) His high school yearbook.
(b) An envelope of money.
(c) A gold watch.
(d) A letter from Eve.
4. Who founded the Ferrari company?
(a) Luca Pantoni.
(b) Luigi Ferrari.
(c) Enzo Ferrari.
(d) Ayrton Senna.
5. What does Denny do in order to pay his debt to Mark Fein in Chapter 44?
(a) Borrows money from a bank.
(b) Sells his house.
(c) Sells his life insurance.
(d) Sells his stocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Enzo assures the reader that he has watched enough of what television show to be fairly conversant in legal matters in Chapter 32?
2. Mark Fein stops serving as Denny's lawyer in Chapter 45 because he is what?
3. Denny explains to whom the consequences of her filing charges and how he may lose his daughter altogether in Chapter 51?
4. Enzo sends nightmares to Trish and Maxwell in the form of what, in Chapter 45?
5. In Chapter 30, Enzo remarks on the importance of a smart strategy and not just what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Enzo discover about Trish's motivations and thoughts in Chapter 39?
2. What does Enzo learn of Zoë's emotions and desires in Chapter 39?
3. What redeeming change do Denny's parents undergo in Chapter 53?
4. How are Maxwell and Trish established as the antagonists of the novel in Chapter 44?
5. Describe the actions and emotional state of Denny in Chapter 35. Are Denny's actions redeemable?
6. What happens when Denny goes to sign the custody papers in Chapter 48? What does Enzo do and why?
7. How does Enzo relate to Denny's time in jail in Chapter 34?
8. What is foreshadowed by the change in narrative voice in Chapter 54? What is revealed by the narrator?
9. What does Denny's lawyer try to convince him to do in Chapter 43? How is the case against Denny building?
10. What does Denny tell Zoë when he is banned from seeing her in Chapter 38? In what ways do they communicate during this time?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)