|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 38, Maxwell and Trish are granted what?
(a) A case for murder against Denny.
(b) A restraining order against Denny.
(c) An autopsy on Eve's remains.
(d) Custody of Zoë.
2. In Chapter 49, Denny goes to whose place to sign the custody papers?
(a) Maxwell and Trish's.
(c) Mike and Tony's.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Swift's.
3. In Chapter 53, Enzo says that Denny's mother is what?
4. How old is Enzo in Chapter 37?
5. According to Enzo in Chapter 30, Denny thinks how many moves ahead of his rivals?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Maxwell, Trish, and Eve's brothers all insist that Denny do in Chapter 36?
2. What is the name of both a county and a city in northern California in the western United States?
3. What month is it in Chapter 40?
4. How much money is Denny left owing the vet after leaving with Enzo in Chapter 48?
5. Enzo is about to turn how old in Chapter 50?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Enzo relate to Denny's time in jail in Chapter 34?
2. How old is Enzo in Chapter 37? In what ways are his age starting to be felt?
3. What does Denny's lawyer try to convince him to do in Chapter 43? How is the case against Denny building?
4. What does Enzo learn of Zoë's emotions and desires in Chapter 39?
5. How old is Enzo in Chapter 50? Who comes to speak with Denny about a job?
6. What does Enzo encounter when he is returned to Denny in Chapter 35? What do they do together?
7. How are Maxwell and Trish established as the antagonists of the novel in Chapter 44?
8. What does Enzo discover about Trish's motivations and thoughts in Chapter 39?
9. In what ways does the plot progress in Chapter 29? What actions and motivations are revealed in this chapter?
10. What is the meaning of Enzo's metaphor to race car driving in Chapter 30?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)