|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 35, who bring Enzo home to Denny?
(a) Maxwell and Trish.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Swift.
(c) Annika and Mark Fein.
(d) Mike and Tony.
2. "The Rockford Files" starred what actor?
(a) James Garner.
(b) Erik Estrada.
(c) Peter Falk.
(d) James Dean.
3. Enzo is about to turn how old in Chapter 50?
4. In Chapter 44, Denny's lawyer tries to convince Denny that dropping his custody claim would make what go away?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Swift.
(b) The felony charge.
(c) His guilt.
(d) Maxwell and Trish.
5. What is Denny arrested for in Chapter 32?
(a) Second-degree murder.
(b) Third-degree manslaughter.
(c) First-degree murder.
(d) Third-degree child rape.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 44, Denny's lawyer tell him that Denny would be better able to pursue his racing career dreams if what?
2. On the way to the emergency animal hospital in Chapter 46, Enzo tells the chilling story of the day who died and the mystery surrounding his fateful last lap?
3. With whom does Enzo stay while Denny is gone in Chapter 38?
4. How much money does Denny give the vet in cash before leaving with Enzo in Chapter 48?
5. Trish and Maxwell are suing Denny for what in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Enzo discover about Trish's motivations and thoughts in Chapter 39?
2. What does Denny discover about Zoë in Chapter 42? What leads to this discovery?
3. What redeeming change do Denny's parents undergo in Chapter 53?
4. How old is Enzo in Chapter 37? In what ways are his age starting to be felt?
5. How does Enzo relate to Denny's time in jail in Chapter 34?
6. What is the purpose of Enzo's story of Ayrton Senna in Chapter 47?
7. In what ways does the plot progress in Chapter 29? What actions and motivations are revealed in this chapter?
8. What is foreshadowed by the change in narrative voice in Chapter 54? What is revealed by the narrator?
9. Describe the actions and emotional state of Denny in Chapter 35. Are Denny's actions redeemable?
10. Where do Denny and Enzo begin walking in Chapter 36? How does Enzo describe the walk?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)