|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 33, Enzo says that the emotion of what he is about to say is true, although he freely admits that "the facts may be" what?
(a) "Less than accurate."
(b) "Shadowed by love."
(c) "Stretched by imagination."
2. What is the site of a well-known motor sports complex in Germany famous for its long, windy Northern Loop?
(a) Berlin Raceway.
(d) Weimar Raceway.
3. Who was the winner of the 24 Hours of LeMans in 1949?
(a) Enzo Ferrari.
(b) Luigi Chinetti.
(c) Ayrton Senna.
(d) Luca Pantoni.
4. Denny's father gives Denny what in Chapter 53?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) A letter from Eve.
(c) His high school yearbook.
(d) An envelope of money.
5. In Chapter 44, Denny's lawyer tell him that Denny would be better able to pursue his racing career dreams if what?
(a) Zoë lived with her grandparents.
(b) Zoë lived with him on the road.
(c) Zoë lived with Mike and Tony.
(d) Enzo were put to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark Fein stops serving as Denny's lawyer in Chapter 45 because he is what?
2. Trish and Maxwell are suing Denny for what in Chapter 29?
3. In Chapter 35, who bring Enzo home to Denny?
4. What does Denny do in order to pay his debt to Mark Fein in Chapter 44?
5. What important man in the Ferrari organization comes to speak specifically to Denny in Chapter 50?
Short Essay Questions
1. How old is Enzo in Chapter 37? In what ways are his age starting to be felt?
2. What does Denny tell Zoë when he is banned from seeing her in Chapter 38? In what ways do they communicate during this time?
3. In what ways does the plot progress in Chapter 29? What actions and motivations are revealed in this chapter?
4. How are Maxwell and Trish established as the antagonists of the novel in Chapter 44?
5. How old is Enzo in Chapter 50? Who comes to speak with Denny about a job?
6. What is the purpose of Enzo's story of Ayrton Senna in Chapter 47?
7. What happens when Denny goes to sign the custody papers in Chapter 48? What does Enzo do and why?
8. How do Enzo's health problems progress in Chapter 51? How does he feel about his situation?
9. What is foreshadowed by the change in narrative voice in Chapter 54? What is revealed by the narrator?
10. What redeeming change do Denny's parents undergo in Chapter 53?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)