|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 54, the narrator says that above all, it is most important that a driver do what?
(a) Drive into the light.
(b) Drive faster than everyone else.
(c) Finish each race.
(d) Avoid a collision.
2. When did Ferrari move into production of street-legal vehicles?
3. What month is it in Chapter 40?
4. What does Denny do in order to pay his debt to Mark Fein in Chapter 44?
(a) Sells his stocks.
(b) Sells his house.
(c) Sells his life insurance.
(d) Borrows money from a bank.
5. "Columbo" aired regularly on television during what years?
Short Answer Questions
1. Denny's new lawyer tells Denny that Maxwell and Trish are suing him for what in Chapter 45?
2. What imaginary friend does Enzo believe repays us for whatever we do in this life?
3. What martial arts star does Enzo know is buried at the cemetery he goes to with Denny in Chapter 36?
4. What is the name of Denny's new lawyer in Chapter 45?
5. Denny explains to whom the consequences of her filing charges and how he may lose his daughter altogether in Chapter 51?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is foreshadowed by the change in narrative voice in Chapter 54? What is revealed by the narrator?
2. What does Enzo's car accident foreshadow in Chapter 46?
3. How are Maxwell and Trish established as the antagonists of the novel in Chapter 44?
4. What does Denny's lawyer try to convince him to do in Chapter 43? How is the case against Denny building?
5. What is the purpose of Enzo's story of Ayrton Senna in Chapter 47?
6. How does Enzo relate to Denny's time in jail in Chapter 34?
7. What can be seen about the motivations of Maxwell, Trish and Denny in Chapters 32 and 33?
8. What happens when Denny goes to sign the custody papers in Chapter 48? What does Enzo do and why?
9. How and why does Denny's legal team change in Chapter 45? What are the plans moving forward?
10. What does Enzo discover about Trish's motivations and thoughts in Chapter 39?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)