|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Enzo learn that only those dogs that are deemed ready are permitted to come back as people in Chapter 18?
(a) The Buddhist Channel.
(b) Animal Planet.
(c) The Christian Life Channel.
(d) The National Geographic Channel.
2. What stuffed animal of Zoë's does Enzo come to believe is evil in Chapter 11?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A horse.
(c) A zebra.
(d) A bear.
3. What is the name of Denny's wife in the novel?
4. Who narrates the first chapter and the majority of the novel?
5. Without Eve, Denny and Zoë's lives become extremely what, in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. Doctors decide to operate on what part of Eve in Chapter 19?
2. In Chapter 21, Enzo believes that Maxwell and Trish are preparing Zoë for what?
3. What are the names of Eve's parents in the novel?
4. What color eyes does Denny have?
5. In Chapter 2, Enzo describes the day Denny chose him from a puppy farm located where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Zoë and Enzo go to Trish and Maxwell's house in Chapter 15? How does Enzo describe Trish and Maxwell?
2. What do Denny and Enzo do together in Chapter 20? How does Enzo feel about their relationship?
3. Why is Enzo sent to Mike and Tony's in Chapter 19? What happens with Enzo's toy there?
4. What is discussed regarding reincarnation in the early chapters of the book? What is foreshadowed in the early chapters regarding this theme?
5. What do Maxwell and Trish ask of Denny in Chapter 23? What is Denny's response?
6. What does Denny propose to Eve in Chapter 16? What is Eve's response?
7. What does Enzo remark about reincarnation in Chapter 18? Where did he learn this information?
8. What do Enzo's thoughts and actions while he is left alone reveal about his character in Chapter 11?
9. How does the title of the book arise in Chapter 8? How does Enzo internalize Denny's comment?
10. What does Enzo spend a summer day doing in Chapter 8? What advice does Denny relate?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)