|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to an injury to the brain or spinal cord due to jarring from a blow, fall, or the like?
2. Who is Enzo's favorite movie actor?
(a) Paul Newman.
(b) George Clooney.
(c) Al Pacino.
(d) Steve McQueen.
3. Who believes that Eve is too good for Denny in Chapter 15?
4. Enzo was just under how old when Denny met Eve in the novel?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 3 years.
5. Who is Zoë sent to stay with while her mother is in surgery in Chapter 19?
(b) Mike and Tony.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Swift.
(d) Maxwell and Trish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
2. What does Enzo refer to Maxwell and Trish as in the novel?
3. What refers to a division into two parts or classifications, especially when they are sharply distinguished or opposed?
4. In Chapter 21, Enzo remembers an especially glorious day when Zoë put on what?
5. Who takes over the household and caring for Zoë after Eve falls ill in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eve's character evolve in the narrative in Chapter 9? Why?
2. Describe the character of Annika. How is she introduced in Chapter 25? What is foreshadowed in this chapter?
3. Why do Zoë and Enzo go to Trish and Maxwell's house in Chapter 15? How does Enzo describe Trish and Maxwell?
4. What obstacles does Denny face against Trish and Maxwell in Chapter 23? What are their motives?
5. How does Eve's character evolve in Chapter 26? What has she learned in the narrative?
6. What is discussed regarding reincarnation in the early chapters of the book? What is foreshadowed in the early chapters regarding this theme?
7. What events take place surrounding Denny and Eve in Chapter 9? How does Enzo describe Eve's condition?
8. How does the title of the book arise in Chapter 8? How does Enzo internalize Denny's comment?
9. What characters are introduced in Chapter 1? Who is the narrator and protagonist of the novel?
10. In what ways has Zoë evolved as a character in Chapter 22? How does she prepare for school?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)