|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Enzo's favorite movie actor?
(a) Steve McQueen.
(b) Al Pacino.
(c) Paul Newman.
(d) George Clooney.
2. What has been the most popular breed of dog by registered ownership in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States since 1991?
(a) Labrador Retriever.
(c) German Shepherd.
(d) Border Collie.
3. Who does Enzo decide to manifest a closer relationship with in Chapter 8?
4. What happens the day after Denny drives at Watkins Glen in Chapter 9?
(a) Enzo gets hit by a car.
(b) Eve has a heart attack.
(c) Enzo breaks his leg.
(d) Eve wakes up vomiting violently.
5. In Chapter 18, Enzo says that he is ready to do what?
(a) Pass into the next life.
(b) Kill Trish and Maxwell.
(c) Leave Denny's family.
(d) Become a cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
2. When was Ayrton Senna da Silva born?
3. Enzo knows that in his next incarnation, he will return as what?
4. What refers to an injury to the brain or spinal cord due to jarring from a blow, fall, or the like?
5. What is Denny's last name in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events take place surrounding Denny and Eve in Chapter 9? How does Enzo describe Eve's condition?
2. How does Eve's character evolve in the narrative in Chapter 9? Why?
3. How does the title of the book arise in Chapter 8? How does Enzo internalize Denny's comment?
4. Why do Zoë and Enzo go to Trish and Maxwell's house in Chapter 15? How does Enzo describe Trish and Maxwell?
5. Describe the character of Annika. How is she introduced in Chapter 25? What is foreshadowed in this chapter?
6. What do Maxwell and Trish ask of Denny in Chapter 23? What is Denny's response?
7. What is discussed regarding reincarnation in the early chapters of the book? What is foreshadowed in the early chapters regarding this theme?
8. What does Denny propose to Eve in Chapter 16? What is Eve's response?
9. What characters are introduced in Chapter 1? Who is the narrator and protagonist of the novel?
10. In what ways has Zoë evolved as a character in Chapter 22? How does she prepare for school?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)