|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Denny's daughter in the novel?
2. On the day of the Slippery Slabs, who becomes injured?
3. In Chapter 3, Denny tells Enzo that "balance, anticipation" and what are vital if one is going to be a successful race car driver?
4. What does Eve do when the nurse who is hired to care for her puts Enzo in the garage one night?
(a) Demotes her.
(b) Promotes her.
(c) Fires her.
(d) Kills her.
5. In Chapter 21, Enzo believes that Maxwell and Trish are preparing Zoë for what?
(a) Denny's abandonment.
(b) Enzo's demise.
(c) Denny's demise.
(d) Eve's demise.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Enzo says that he has always loved watching what with Denny?
2. Enzo states his belief that dogs deserve to have what in Chapter 5?
3. What is regarded as the second most intelligent breed of dog?
4. What happens the day after Denny drives at Watkins Glen in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 10, Enzo explains the finesse and consciousness necessary to handle a car that is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events take place surrounding Denny and Eve in Chapter 9? How does Enzo describe Eve's condition?
2. How does Eve become injured in Chapter 17? What does Denny do?
3. What are Enzo's views on television? What channels does he particularly enjoy and why?
4. How does Eve's character evolve in Chapter 26? What has she learned in the narrative?
5. How does Enzo's relationship with Eve develop in Chapter 7?
6. What does Enzo spend a summer day doing in Chapter 8? What advice does Denny relate?
7. How does the relationship between Enzo and Eve develop in Chapter 23?
8. Describe the character of Annika. How is she introduced in Chapter 25? What is foreshadowed in this chapter?
9. How has the relationship between Enzo and Eve evolved in Chapter 12? What do Eve's fears reveal about her character?
10. What do Enzo's thoughts and actions while he is left alone reveal about his character in Chapter 11?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)