|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Enzo learn that only those dogs that are deemed ready are permitted to come back as people in Chapter 18?
(a) The Buddhist Channel.
(b) Animal Planet.
(c) The Christian Life Channel.
(d) The National Geographic Channel.
2. Who is Enzo's favorite movie actor?
(a) Steve McQueen.
(b) Al Pacino.
(c) Paul Newman.
(d) George Clooney.
3. Who offers to pay Zoë's tuition to an upscale private school in Chapter 24?
(b) Mrs. Swift.
(d) Mr. Swift.
4. In Chapter 21, Enzo remembers an especially glorious day when Zoë put on what?
(a) Her sun dress.
(b) Her tiara.
(c) Her butterfly wings.
(d) Her ballet costume.
5. In Chapter 23, Maxwell and Trish convince Denny to allow them to do what?
(a) Take over the household.
(b) Take in Eve while she recovers.
(c) Pay all of the bills while Eve recovers.
(d) Take a trip to Spain with Zoë.
Short Answer Questions
1. Watkins Glen International is owned by what company?
2. Who does Enzo decide to manifest a closer relationship with in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 3, Denny tells Enzo that "balance, anticipation" and what are vital if one is going to be a successful race car driver?
4. Who takes over the household and caring for Zoë after Eve falls ill in Chapter 12?
5. Enzo comes to the realization that Denny had been preparing to race all along when he was on a very strict diet including no alcohol, no sugar, and no what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Enzo's thoughts and actions while he is left alone reveal about his character in Chapter 11?
2. What obstacles does Denny face against Trish and Maxwell in Chapter 23? What are their motives?
3. What is discussed regarding reincarnation in the early chapters of the book? What is foreshadowed in the early chapters regarding this theme?
4. How does the relationship between Enzo and Eve develop in Chapter 23?
5. What events take place surrounding Denny and Eve in Chapter 9? How does Enzo describe Eve's condition?
6. In what ways has Zoë evolved as a character in Chapter 22? How does she prepare for school?
7. How is Enzo introduced in Chapter 1? What is Enzo's greatest concern in this chapter? What does Enzo want to hold onto?
8. How does Enzo change his attitude about Eve in Chapter 8? What does Eve represent to Enzo in this chapter?
9. How has the relationship between Enzo and Eve evolved in Chapter 12? What do Eve's fears reveal about her character?
10. How is humor used as a stylistic element in the novel? What purpose does it serve in terms of the novel's themes?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)