|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Enzo claims that dogs are much more intelligent than what?
2. What causes Denny to feel uncertain of his future as a professional driver in Chapter 16?
(a) A fourth-place finish.
(b) A dead-last finish.
(c) A second-place finish.
(d) A third-place finish.
3. Why does Zoë refuse to eat her chicken nuggets in Chapter 14?
(a) She is vegetarian.
(b) She is spoiled.
(c) The dog licked them.
(d) They are rancid.
4. How far is Denny's drive to Seattle in Chapter 25?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 7 hours.
(d) 9 hours.
5. Enzo comes to the realization that Denny had been preparing to race all along when he was on a very strict diet including no alcohol, no sugar, and no what?
(a) Fried food.
(c) Amino acids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over the household and caring for Zoë after Eve falls ill in Chapter 12?
2. What has been the most popular breed of dog by registered ownership in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States since 1991?
3. Who is Enzo's third favorite movie actor?
4. Watkins Glen International is owned by what company?
5. In Chapter 21, Enzo remembers an especially glorious day with Zoë, saying, "We danced and laughed and ran and pretended to be" what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacles does Denny face against Trish and Maxwell in Chapter 23? What are their motives?
2. Describe the character of Annika. How is she introduced in Chapter 25? What is foreshadowed in this chapter?
3. How does the relationship between Enzo and Eve develop in Chapter 23?
4. What characters are introduced in Chapter 1? Who is the narrator and protagonist of the novel?
5. How is Enzo introduced in Chapter 1? What is Enzo's greatest concern in this chapter? What does Enzo want to hold onto?
6. How does Enzo describe his feelings about Eve in Chapter 6? How have his feelings changed?
7. How does Eve's character evolve in Chapter 26? What has she learned in the narrative?
8. What does Enzo remark about reincarnation in Chapter 18? Where did he learn this information?
9. How does Eve become injured in Chapter 17? What does Denny do?
10. How does the title of the book arise in Chapter 8? How does Enzo internalize Denny's comment?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)