|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Columbo" aired regularly on television during what years?
2. In Chapter 44, Denny's lawyer tell him that Denny would be better able to pursue his racing career dreams if what?
(a) Zoë lived with Mike and Tony.
(b) Enzo were put to sleep.
(c) Zoë lived with him on the road.
(d) Zoë lived with her grandparents.
3. According to Enzo in Chapter 30, Denny thinks how many moves ahead of his rivals?
4. Mike hands Denny a fancy souvenir pen with what floating inside in Chapter 49?
(a) A plastic zebra.
(b) A plastic bear.
(c) A plastic monkey.
(d) A plastic umbrella.
5. In Chapter 39, Denny leaves town to teach for a weekend and Enzo is allowed to stay where?
(a) Mark Fein's home.
(b) Maxwell and Trish's house.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Swift's house.
(d) Mike and Tony's place.
6. In Chapter 54, the narrator says that above all, it is most important that a driver do what?
(a) Drive into the light.
(b) Finish each race.
(c) Avoid a collision.
(d) Drive faster than everyone else.
7. In Chapter 55, Denny tells Mike Fein that he and his parents had been what for many years?
(a) Involved in stocks.
(c) Living in Ireland.
(d) On great terms.
8. What causes Enzo's revengeful diarrhea in Chapter 39?
(a) Canned dog food.
(d) Hot peppers.
9. What is the name of the cemetery that Enzo and Denny go to in Chapter 36?
(a) Lake View Cemetery.
(b) Rose Hill Cemetery.
(c) Mt. Zion Cemetery.
(d) Andersonville Cemetery.
10. Enzo realizes that he and Eve are very much alike in their distrust of whom, in Chapter 37?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Swift.
(b) Maxwell and Trish.
(d) Medical personnel.
11. In Chapter 29, Denny and Enzo go to Maxwell and Trish's house the day Eve dies and Enzo tries playing fetch with whom, to no avail?
12. What refers to a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
13. Denny's lawyer tells him that it will cost Denny how much to resolve the custody case in court in Chapter 31?
14. How much money does Denny give the vet in cash before leaving with Enzo in Chapter 48?
15. In Chapter 34, wonders if Denny realizes that being locked in this small room is a lot like what?
(a) Being unborn.
(b) Being a dog.
(c) Being in prison.
(d) Being a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Denny's new lawyer tells Denny that Maxwell and Trish are suing him for what in Chapter 45?
2. What is the name of Denny's new lawyer in Chapter 45?
3. What does Enzo do with the custody papers in Chapter 49?
4. How much money is Denny left owing the vet after leaving with Enzo in Chapter 48?
5. Mark Fein stops serving as Denny's lawyer in Chapter 45 because he is what?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)