|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Zoë sent to stay with while her mother is in surgery in Chapter 19?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Swift.
(b) Mike and Tony.
(c) Maxwell and Trish.
2. Eve tells Enzo that she feels as though something is what, in Chapter 12?
(a) Lifting her up.
(b) Pursuing her.
(c) Running from her.
(d) Burying her.
3. In Chapter 3, Denny tells Enzo that "balance, anticipation" and what are vital if one is going to be a successful race car driver?
4. What are the names of Eve's parents in the novel?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Swift.
(b) Maxwell and Trish.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Anderson.
(d) Mike and Luca.
5. Doctors decide to operate on what part of Eve in Chapter 19?
(a) Her brain.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her back.
(d) Her arm.
6. Enzo knows that in his next incarnation, he will return as what?
(a) A man.
(b) A woman.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
7. In Chapter 18, Enzo says that he is ready to do what?
(a) Become a cat.
(b) Kill Trish and Maxwell.
(c) Leave Denny's family.
(d) Pass into the next life.
8. Denny aspires to be a professional in what sport?
(a) Horse racing.
(b) Race car driving.
9. Who believes that Eve is too good for Denny in Chapter 15?
10. Where does Enzo use the bathroom when he is locked inside in Chapter 11?
(a) The bathtub.
(b) The bed.
(c) The door mat.
(d) The kitchen floor.
11. What refers to a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
12. Where was Ayrton Senna da Silva from?
13. On the day of the Slippery Slabs, who becomes injured?
14. In Chapter 17, Enzo tells the story of the Slippery Slabs at what location?
(a) Sacramento River.
(b) Puget Sound.
(c) Anderson Creek.
(d) Denny Creek.
15. Denny's long race described in Chapter 8 was eight hours long and Denny was to drive for how long?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Enzo states his belief that dogs deserve to have what in Chapter 5?
2. Enzo was just under how old when Denny met Eve in the novel?
3. With the ice and snow, Denny's drive to Seattle takes how long in Chapter 25?
4. Who is Enzo's third favorite movie actor?
5. In Chapter 5, Enzo claims that dogs are much more intelligent than what?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)