|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Enzo use the bathroom when he is locked inside in Chapter 11?
(a) The bed.
(b) The kitchen floor.
(c) The door mat.
(d) The bathtub.
2. Where was Ayrton Senna da Silva from?
3. Who inadvertently washes Enzo's favorite toy in Chapter 19?
4. What is the name of Denny's daughter in the novel?
5. Whidbey Island is approximately how far north of Seattle?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) 60 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
6. Who does Enzo decide to manifest a closer relationship with in Chapter 8?
7. In Chapter 8, Denny once again reminds Enzo that a race car driver has to make friends with what?
(a) The road.
(b) The rain.
(c) The gears.
(d) The wheel.
8. While Eve, Enzo and Zoë manage to live through Denny's absences fine in Chapter 14, Denny returns home from each race frustrated with whom?
(b) His pit crew.
(d) His manager.
9. Maxwell and Trish try to talk Denny into transferring Zoë to a school that is where in Chapter 24?
(a) In New York.
(b) In New Hampshire.
(c) Closer to their home.
(d) In Connecticut.
10. Who is Zoë sent to stay with while her mother is in surgery in Chapter 19?
(a) Maxwell and Trish.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Swift.
(d) Mike and Tony.
11. What is Enzo's favorite race of all time?
(a) The 1993 Grand Prix of Europe.
(b) The 1995 Monaco Grand Prix.
(c) The 1989 Daytona 500.
(d) The 1994 San Marino Grand Prix.
12. In Chapter 17, Enzo tells the story of the Slippery Slabs at what location?
(a) Anderson Creek.
(b) Puget Sound.
(c) Sacramento River.
(d) Denny Creek.
13. Eve tells Enzo that she feels as though something is what, in Chapter 12?
(a) Lifting her up.
(b) Pursuing her.
(c) Burying her.
(d) Running from her.
14. Enzo would like to believe he might be part what, because he admires the breed for their toughness and brash attitude?
(b) Border Collie.
(d) German Shepherd.
15. Who is Enzo's second favorite movie actor?
(a) George Clooney.
(b) Al Pacino.
(c) Paul Newman.
(d) Steve McQueen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, Enzo remembers an especially glorious day with Zoë, saying, "We danced and laughed and ran and pretended to be" what?
2. What does Enzo refer to Maxwell and Trish as in the novel?
3. Watkins Glen International is owned by what company?
4. What causes Denny to feel uncertain of his future as a professional driver in Chapter 16?
5. When was Ayrton Senna da Silva born?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)