|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who inadvertently washes Enzo's favorite toy in Chapter 19?
2. What is Denny's last name in the novel?
3. Who is Enzo's fourth favorite movie actor?
(a) George Clooney.
(b) Al Pacino.
(c) Paul Newman.
(d) Steve McQueen.
4. What is regarded as the second most intelligent breed of dog?
(a) Border Collie.
(b) Labrador Retriever.
(c) German Shepherd.
5. In Chapter 21, Enzo believes that Maxwell and Trish are preparing Zoë for what?
(a) Eve's demise.
(b) Denny's abandonment.
(c) Denny's demise.
(d) Enzo's demise.
6. Maxwell and Trish try to talk Denny into transferring Zoë to a school that is where in Chapter 24?
(a) In New Hampshire.
(b) Closer to their home.
(c) In Connecticut.
(d) In New York.
7. In Chapter 17, Enzo tells the story of the Slippery Slabs at what location?
(a) Denny Creek.
(b) Sacramento River.
(c) Anderson Creek.
(d) Puget Sound.
8. In Chapter 23, Maxwell and Trish convince Denny to allow them to do what?
(a) Take in Eve while she recovers.
(b) Take a trip to Spain with Zoë.
(c) Pay all of the bills while Eve recovers.
(d) Take over the household.
9. The German Shepherd is a relatively new breed of dog, with its origin dating to what year?
10. Why does Zoë refuse to eat her chicken nuggets in Chapter 14?
(a) She is spoiled.
(b) The dog licked them.
(c) They are rancid.
(d) She is vegetarian.
11. In Chapter 21, Enzo remembers an especially glorious day when he wore what of Zoë's?
(b) Sun dress.
(c) Butterfly wings.
(d) Tap shoes.
12. Who does Zoë say is her best friend in Chapter 22?
13. The doctor has given Eve how long to live in Chapter 23?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 to 8 months.
(d) 3 to 5 months.
14. In Chapter 5, Enzo claims that dogs are much more intelligent than what?
15. What 15 year-old cousin of Eve's shows romantic interest in Denny in Chapter 25?
Short Answer Questions
1. Enzo knows that in his next incarnation, he will return as what?
2. Enzo says that he enjoys what as well as Formula One racing in Chapter 5?
3. Enzo states his belief that dogs deserve to have what in Chapter 5?
4. Who is Zoë sent to stay with while her mother is in surgery in Chapter 19?
5. Watkins Glen International is owned by what company?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)