|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21, Enzo remembers an especially glorious day when Zoë put on what?
(a) Her ballet costume.
(b) Her butterfly wings.
(c) Her sun dress.
(d) Her tiara.
2. Where was Ayrton Senna da Silva from?
3. While Eve, Enzo and Zoë manage to live through Denny's absences fine in Chapter 14, Denny returns home from each race frustrated with whom?
(a) His pit crew.
(b) His manager.
4. Watkins Glen International is an auto race track located in what state?
(a) New York.
5. In Chapter 3, Denny tells Enzo that "balance, anticipation" and what are vital if one is going to be a successful race car driver?
6. Eve complains about what in Chapter 16?
(a) Zoë's schooling.
(b) Enzo's breath.
(c) Enzo's bladder problems.
(d) Denny leaves town too often.
7. In Chapter 25, Denny takes Enzo to a ski gathering with whom?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Swift.
(b) Tony and Mike.
(c) Trish and Maxwell.
(d) Eve's relatives.
8. When Denny suggests that Eve and Zoë go on the road with him, what is Eve's response in Chapter 16?
(a) She politely declines.
(b) She accepts.
(c) She tells him she wants a divorce.
(d) She tells him he can take Zoë.
9. What color eyes does Denny have?
10. Who is Enzo's fourth favorite movie actor?
(a) George Clooney.
(b) Steve McQueen.
(c) Paul Newman.
(d) Al Pacino.
11. Who does Zoë say is her best friend in Chapter 22?
12. The German Shepherd is a relatively new breed of dog, with its origin dating to what year?
13. Doctors decide to operate on what part of Eve in Chapter 19?
(a) Her neck.
(b) Her back.
(c) Her brain.
(d) Her arm.
14. What is Enzo's favorite race of all time?
(a) The 1989 Daytona 500.
(b) The 1995 Monaco Grand Prix.
(c) The 1993 Grand Prix of Europe.
(d) The 1994 San Marino Grand Prix.
15. How far is Denny's drive to Seattle in Chapter 25?
(a) 9 hours.
(b) 7 hours.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Denny's wife in the novel?
2. Who is Enzo's second favorite movie actor?
3. What refers to the treatment of disease by means of chemicals that have a specific toxic effect upon the disease-producing microorganisms or that selectively destroy cancerous tissue?
4. What refers to an injury to the brain or spinal cord due to jarring from a blow, fall, or the like?
5. Why is Enzo hurt and surprised in Chapter 14?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)