|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a method of argument that has been central to both Indic and European philosophy since ancient times and was made popular by Plato?
(c) Roundtable discussion.
2. In Book II: Character, Chapter 3: The Dialectical Approach, the author exemplifies his approach by creating a female character who turns to _____.
(a) Her father.
(b) Her husband.
(d) Her mother.
3. The author asserts that one key factor in obtaining conflict is what?
4. What refers to a settlement of differences by mutual concessions, an agreement reached by adjustment of conflicting or opposing claims?
5. Who is Nora's husband in "A Doll's House"?
(b) Dr. Linde.
(d) Dr. Rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Romeo's cousin in "Romeo and Juliet"?
2. What American writer wrote "The root-idea is the beginning of the process"?
3. What must every planned sprint have, according to the author in Book I: The Premise?
4. In Book II, Character, Chapter 11: Unity of Opposites, the author asserts that characters must be what?
5. What has a reigning power in the presence of a written piece of work according to Lajos Egri?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author claim a story moving from love to hate should be orchestrated?
2. How does the author show the importance of character in "Oedipus Rex"?
3. What does orchestration mean? How is it accomplished?
4. How does Egri relate the premise to the universal truth?
5. Describe the author's belief about growth in the character. Why must characters grow?
6. How does Egri assert a writer may begin a play without a premise?
7. What does the author assert in Book II: Character, Chapter 5: Strength of Will in a Character about the need to fight?
8. How is the antagonist defined and described by the author?
9. What is the first step to fleshing out characters, according to the author?
10. What is the author's premise in opening Book II: Character, Chapter 1?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)