|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: General, Chapters 9 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What French writer and critic born in 1849 said every play needs a goal?
(a) Ferdinand Brunetière.
(b) Jean Michel Jarre.
(c) Pierre de Ronsard.
(d) Jean Giraudoux.
2. What does Lajos Egri define as a state of things in which a decisive change one way or another is impending?
(b) Fork in the road.
(c) Turning point.
3. Who is the object of Tartuffe's lust in "Tartuffe"?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
4. What French author and dramatist is cited in Book I: The Premise as stating "How can you tell what road to take unless you know where you are going?"
(a) Alexandre Dumas, the Younger.
(b) François Mauriac, the Younger.
(c) Henri Bergson, the Older.
(d) Jean-Paul Sartre, the Older.
5. Lajos Egri compels the writer to know that their characters should not be dependent on their _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who advises Juliet to take a strong sleeping draught on the eve of her wedding in "Romeo and Juliet"?
2. According to the author, when a writer has pivotal characters and antagonists, he must make certain they are ____.
3. Where is the man who meets the dog going in the author's scenario in Book II, Character, Chapter 11: Unity of Opposites?
4. What is the last name of Sorel and Simon in "Hay Fever"?
5. What childless widow is friends with Nora in "A Doll's House"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)