|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: General, Chapters 9 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does the author criticize for stating that plays can only properly be judged after they are seen performed with real-life actors encompassing the body of work?
(a) "Live Theatre".
(b) "Theatre Madness".
(c) "The Theory of the Theater".
(d) "Comprehensive Theatre Evaluation Techniques".
2. Who translated Ibsen's "The Pillars of Society" to English?
(a) Anton Chekhov.
(b) August Strindberg.
(c) Lajos Egri.
(d) William Archer.
3. What does the author assert environment influences in drama?
4. Who is the object of Tartuffe's lust in "Tartuffe"?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
5. What philosopher surmised that "every story must have a beginning, middle, and an end"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the play "Tartuffe"?
2. What does Lajos Egri state first and foremost the writer must have of his characters?
3. What 1859 book by Charles Darwin showed compelling evidence for evolution?
4. What was Lajos Egri's profession when he arrived in the United States?
5. What is referred to as the original pattern or model from which all things of the same kind are copied or on which they are based?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)