|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: General, Chapters 9 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to consistency of the characteristics of persons, objects, places, and events seen by the reader or viewer?
2. What does the author assert arises from environment and one's social situation?
3. What was Lajos Egri's profession when he arrived in the United States?
(a) Shoe shiner.
(c) Chimney sweep.
(d) Garment worker.
4. What was the original title of "The Art of Dramatic Writing"?
(a) "How to Write a Play".
(b) "A Playwright's Dream".
(c) "The Stage".
(d) "Acting In the Modern World".
5. The author believes the writer to be lost if he is spending his time worrying about _____.
(a) The climax.
(b) Developing secondary characters.
(c) What others will think.
(d) The introduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lajos Egri die?
2. What philosopher surmised that "every story must have a beginning, middle, and an end"?
3. From whom did Nora borrow money in "A Doll's House"?
4. What dance does the character of Nora famously dance in "A Doll's House"?
5. A play is said to be _____ when its characters move too quickly, jumping from emotion to emotion because they are one-dimensional, and their actions make little sense?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)