|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: General, Chapters 1 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the play "Hedda Gabler"?
(a) Govind Deshpande.
(b) Henrik Ibsen.
(c) Arthur Adamov.
(d) Girish Karnad.
2. Who wrote the play "Tartuffe"?
3. When did "The Cherry Orchard" premiere?
4. What is Nora's last name in "A Doll's House"?
5. Where was Lajos Egri born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Romeo's cousin in "Romeo and Juliet"?
2. What expressionist play by Lajos Egri was translated from Hungarian and produced at the Provincetown Playhouse in New York in the 1920s?
3. Whom do Juliet's parents try to get her to marry in "Romeo and Juliet"?
4. The Sophists taught what, meaning quality or excellence as the highest value and determinant of one's actions in life?
5. What term refers to a person represented in a drama or story?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)