|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: Conflict, Chapters 3 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Sophists taught what, meaning quality or excellence as the highest value and determinant of one's actions in life?
2. What French author and dramatist is cited in Book I: The Premise as stating "How can you tell what road to take unless you know where you are going?"
(a) Jean-Paul Sartre, the Older.
(b) Henri Bergson, the Older.
(c) François Mauriac, the Younger.
(d) Alexandre Dumas, the Younger.
3. What is the name of Hedda's husband in "Hedda Gabler"?
4. Tartuffe is whose houseguest in the play "Tartuffe"?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
5. Aristotle was a student of _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author assert is imperative because it shows how a character can move from one emotion to another?
2. According to the author, you must present a character as _____.
3. What was the original title of "The Art of Dramatic Writing"?
4. In one line of dialogue, a character will be delighted with their life, and two lines later, disturbingly mad. What kind of conflict is this an example of?
5. Who reveals he has entered the terminal stage of tuberculosis in "A Doll's House"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)