|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: Conflict, Chapters 3 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man in the author's short skit in Book III: Conflict, Chapter 2: Cause and Effect realize he cannot date a girl?
(a) He is ugly.
(b) He is too poor.
(c) He is too fat.
(d) He is too short.
2. Who reveals he has entered the terminal stage of tuberculosis in "A Doll's House"?
(c) Dr. Rank.
3. How many children does Nora have in "A Doll's House"?
4. Who wrote the play "Ghosts"?
(a) Anton Chekhov.
(b) Lajos Egri.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Henrik Ibsen.
5. In Book III: Conflict, Chapter 1: Origin of Action, the author claims that every action has components that _____.
(a) Require thinking.
(b) Cause it to happen.
(c) Cause pain.
(d) Cause conflict.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of "Hedda Gabler", the heroine has just returned home from _____.
2. What verb means to lay stress upon stress?
3. The author takes a look at when a play's story moves from something like love to hate, and claims that in order to have this, things need to be _____.
4. Who is Nora's husband in "A Doll's House"?
5. What refers to a dramatic form that does not observe the laws of cause and effect and that exaggerates emotion and emphasizes plot or action at the expense of characterization?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)