|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: Conflict, Chapters 3 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Character, Chapter 11: Unity of Opposites, the author asserts that characters must be what?
2. What American writer wrote "The root-idea is the beginning of the process"?
(a) John Steinbeck.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Langston Hughes.
(d) John Howard Lawson.
3. When did Lajos Egri come to the United States?
4. What does Lajos Egri claim to be the premise of King Lear?
(a) "Blind trust leads to destruction."
(b) "Jealousy destroys itself and the object of its love."
(c) "Love rewards death."
(d) "Ruthless ambition leads to its own destruction."
5. What does Lajos Egri state first and foremost the writer must have of his characters?
Short Answer Questions
1. The antagonist in a play or work of literature faces off against _____.
2. What does Lajos Egri define as being what a writer sets out to prove with his story?
3. Who wrote the play "Hay Fever"?
4. Whom does Oedipus marry?
5. What term refers to the leading character, hero, or heroine of a drama or other literary work?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)