|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: Conflict, Chapters 3 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term refers to the process of finding two differing bodies, making them the protagonist and antagonist, and making these characters so well defined that you are allowed to put them into a situation in which they are unable to make a compromise?
(a) Dramatic writing.
(b) Conflict escalation.
(c) Conflict creation.
2. Who is the father of Oedipus?
(a) King Laius.
(b) King Pelops.
3. What childless widow is friends with Nora in "A Doll's House"?
(a) Christine Krogstad.
(b) Christine Rank.
(c) Christine Linde.
(d) Christine Torvald.
4. How is the man described in the author's short skit presented in Book III: Conflict, Chapter 2: Cause and Effect?
(a) A cordial twenty-something.
(b) A boring old man.
(d) A clumsy fool.
5. "Romeo and Juliet" begins with a feud between the Capulets and _____.
(a) The Montagues.
(b) The Mumfords.
(c) The Moultons.
(d) The Moreaus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dance does the character of Nora famously dance in "A Doll's House"?
2. Who wrote the play "Tartuffe"?
3. In Book II, Character, Chapter 11: Unity of Opposites, the author asserts that characters must be what?
4. How many children does Nora have in "A Doll's House"?
5. What term refers to a person represented in a drama or story?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)