|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: Character, Chapters 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Romeo and Juliet" begins with a feud between the Capulets and _____.
(a) The Montagues.
(b) The Mumfords.
(c) The Moultons.
(d) The Moreaus.
2. From whom did Nora borrow money in "A Doll's House"?
(a) Dr. Rank.
3. The antagonist in a play or work of literature faces off against _____.
(a) The narrator.
(b) The presentation.
(c) The pivotal character.
(d) The forces of good.
4. What classical Greek Athenian philosopher was credited as one of the founders of Western philosophy and was known chiefly through the accounts of later classical writers, especially the writings of his students?
5. What term refers to a person who is opposed to, struggles against, or competes with the hero of a work of drama or literature?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to any contest or struggle?
2. In Book II, Character, Chapter 11: Unity of Opposites, the author asserts that characters must be what?
3. What refers to a narrative, either true or fictitious, in prose or verse, designed to interest, amuse, or instruct the hearer or reader?
4. Whom does Oedipus marry?
5. Who reveals he has entered the terminal stage of tuberculosis in "A Doll's House"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)