|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: Character, Chapters 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Classic Greek philosopher claimed character was secondary to action?
2. What classical Greek Athenian philosopher was credited as one of the founders of Western philosophy and was known chiefly through the accounts of later classical writers, especially the writings of his students?
3. Who is Macbeth's friend and a general in the army in "The Tragedy of Macbeth"?
4. What was Lajos Egri's profession when he arrived in the United States?
(a) Chimney sweep.
(b) Shoe shiner.
(d) Garment worker.
5. According to the author, a character must represent the influence his _____ has had on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What French writer and critic born in 1849 said every play needs a goal?
2. Who reveals he has entered the terminal stage of tuberculosis in "A Doll's House"?
3. Where was Lajos Egri born?
4. When did Lajos Egri come to the United States?
5. According to the author, it is essential that the main character have no _____ toward his ends.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)