|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: Character, Chapters 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is the job of the character to prove what?
(a) The moral.
(b) The truth.
(c) The plot.
(d) The premise.
2. What childless widow is friends with Nora in "A Doll's House"?
(a) Christine Linde.
(b) Christine Rank.
(c) Christine Torvald.
(d) Christine Krogstad.
3. Whom does Macbeth first kill in "The Tragedy of Macbeth"?
(a) King Duncan.
4. When did Lajos Egri come to the United States?
5. According to the author, every sensible invention must have _____.
(a) A purpose.
(b) An owner.
(c) A price.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the psychological classification of different types of individuals?
2. Who is the father of Oedipus?
3. What refers to a settlement of differences by mutual concessions, an agreement reached by adjustment of conflicting or opposing claims?
4. What term is defined by Webster's Dictionary as "a proposition antecedently supposed or proved; a basis of argument. A proposition stated or assumed as leading to a conclusion"?
5. Whom does the man live with, in the scenario created by the author in Book II, Character, Chapter 11: Unity of Opposites?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)