|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: Character, Chapters 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American writer wrote "The root-idea is the beginning of the process"?
(a) Langston Hughes.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) John Howard Lawson.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
2. In Book II, Character, Chapter 11: Unity of Opposites, the author creates a skit where an abandoned street dog makes friends with what?
(a) A man.
(b) A boy.
(c) A girl.
(d) A woman.
3. Whom is Christine in love with in "A Doll's House"?
(d) Dr. Rank.
4. What does Lajos Egri state first and foremost the writer must have of his characters?
5. Who kills Macbeth at the end of "The Tragedy of Macbeth"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to a lack of conflict in a scene or play?
2. The antagonist in a play or work of literature faces off against _____.
3. What term means a striking exhibition of unlikeness?
4. Who translated Ibsen's "The Pillars of Society" to English?
5. According to the author, when a writer has pivotal characters and antagonists, he must make certain they are ____.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)