|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: Character, Chapters 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Nora arrived from in the beginning of "A Doll's House"?
(a) The hair salon.
(b) Shoe shopping.
(c) Grocery shopping.
(d) Christmas shopping.
2. In Book II, Character, Chapter 11: Unity of Opposites, the author states that the antagonist and pivotal character absolutely cannot do what?
(a) Have a common friend.
(b) Be friends.
(c) Kill each other.
3. What refers to the psychological classification of different types of individuals?
(d) Personality type.
4. Book II, Character, Chapter 2: Environment discusses how a man's environment, health, and what will shape him into what he is?
(d) Economic background.
5. The antagonist in a play or work of literature faces off against _____.
(a) The presentation.
(b) The forces of good.
(c) The pivotal character.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character element is established from detailing his body and health, the people around him and his environment, and his mind?
2. According to the author, a character must represent the influence his _____ has had on him.
3. What is Nora's last name in "A Doll's House"?
4. What term refers to the social and cultural forces that shape the life of a person or a population?
5. In Book II: Character, Chapter 3: The Dialectical Approach, the author exemplifies his approach by creating a female character who turns to _____.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)