|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: Character, Chapters 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, you must present a character as _____.
(a) An individual.
(b) A principled person.
(c) An aesthetic.
2. Whom was Plato a student of?
3. The Sophists taught what, meaning quality or excellence as the highest value and determinant of one's actions in life?
4. In Book II: Character, Chapter 3: The Dialectical Approach, the author exemplifies his approach by creating a female character who turns to _____.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
5. What term is called storyline, the plan, scheme, or main story of a literary or dramatic work, as a play, novel, or short story?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lajos Egri die?
2. What does Lajos Egri claim to be the premise of King Lear?
3. What is Lajos Egri's terminology for the physiological, psychological, and sociological makeup of a character?
4. What French writer and critic born in 1849 said every play needs a goal?
5. Whom does Macbeth first kill in "The Tragedy of Macbeth"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)