|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: Character, Chapters 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term refers to the leading character, hero, or heroine of a drama or other literary work?
2. What term refers to a person represented in a drama or story?
3. When did Lajos Egri die?
4. According to the author, a character must represent the influence his _____ has had on him.
5. A play, according to the author, will not work without what central figure who drives the action?
(c) Pivotal character.
Short Answer Questions
1. What expressionist play by Lajos Egri was translated from Hungarian and produced at the Provincetown Playhouse in New York in the 1920s?
2. Who hid Desdemona's handkerchief in Cassio's lodging in "Othello"?
3. What does Lajos Egri claim is the premise of "Othello"?
4. What refers to a narrative, either true or fictitious, in prose or verse, designed to interest, amuse, or instruct the hearer or reader?
5. Who is Macbeth's friend and a general in the army in "The Tragedy of Macbeth"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)