|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: Character, Chapters 4 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hid Desdemona's handkerchief in Cassio's lodging in "Othello"?
2. What term refers to the leading character, hero, or heroine of a drama or other literary work?
3. Who is Nora's husband in "A Doll's House"?
(a) Dr. Linde.
(d) Dr. Rank.
4. Who wrote "Oedipus Rex"?
5. In Book II: Character, Chapter 3: The Dialectical Approach, the author exemplifies his approach by creating a female character who turns to _____.
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, a character must represent the influence his _____ has had on him.
2. What is Nora's last name in "A Doll's House"?
3. According to the author, every sensible invention must have _____.
4. The author claims that a man's _____ will react to something that affects him physically more so than his body.
5. Whom does Macbeth first kill in "The Tragedy of Macbeth"?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)