|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: Character, Chapters 4 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What French author and dramatist is cited in Book I: The Premise as stating "How can you tell what road to take unless you know where you are going?"
(a) François Mauriac, the Younger.
(b) Alexandre Dumas, the Younger.
(c) Jean-Paul Sartre, the Older.
(d) Henri Bergson, the Older.
2. Who is Macbeth's friend and a general in the army in "The Tragedy of Macbeth"?
3. What does the author claim causes motion in Book II: Character, Chapter 3: The Dialectical Approach?
(d) Kinetic energy.
4. What is needed to make life keep constantly going, according to the author in Book II: Character, Chapter 3: The Dialectical Approach?
5. Who hid Desdemona's handkerchief in Cassio's lodging in "Othello"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What American writer wrote "The root-idea is the beginning of the process"?
2. What was Lajos Egri's profession when he arrived in the United States?
3. According to the author, you must present a character as _____.
4. What term refers to a person represented in a drama or story?
5. What does Lajos Egri define as being what a writer sets out to prove with his story?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)