|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: Character, Chapters 4 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who advises Juliet to take a strong sleeping draught on the eve of her wedding in "Romeo and Juliet"?
(a) Count La Rochelle.
(b) Friar Lille.
(c) Friar Laurence.
(d) Count Le Mans.
2. Whom do Juliet's parents try to get her to marry in "Romeo and Juliet"?
(a) Count Toulouse.
(b) Count Paris.
(c) Count Marseille.
(d) Count Bordeaux.
3. A play, according to the author, will not work without what central figure who drives the action?
(a) Pivotal character.
4. "Romeo and Juliet" begins with a feud between the Capulets and _____.
(a) The Mumfords.
(b) The Moreaus.
(c) The Montagues.
(d) The Moultons.
5. Who is the father of Oedipus?
(a) King Pelops.
(d) King Laius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What childless widow is friends with Nora in "A Doll's House"?
2. What character element is established from detailing his body and health, the people around him and his environment, and his mind?
3. According to the author, a character must represent the influence his _____ has had on him.
4. According to the author, the opposing force of the antagonist absolutely must be _____.
5. According to the author, characters must do what, for if a character is the same way in the beginning as he is in the end, the play is bad?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)