|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: Character, Chapters 4 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What French writer and critic born in 1849 said every play needs a goal?
(a) Jean Michel Jarre.
(b) Jean Giraudoux.
(c) Pierre de Ronsard.
(d) Ferdinand Brunetière.
2. Whom is Christine in love with in "A Doll's House"?
(d) Dr. Rank.
3. When was "Oedipus Rex" first performed?
(a) 429 A.D.
(b) 429 B.C.
(c) 249 A.D.
(d) 249 B.C.
4. What term refers to a person represented in a drama or story?
5. The antagonist in a play or work of literature faces off against _____.
(a) The pivotal character.
(b) The forces of good.
(c) The presentation.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term is called storyline, the plan, scheme, or main story of a literary or dramatic work, as a play, novel, or short story?
2. According to the author, you must present a character as _____.
3. What does Lajos Egri state first and foremost the writer must have of his characters?
4. According to the author, the opposing force of the antagonist absolutely must be _____.
5. "Romeo and Juliet" begins with a feud between the Capulets and _____.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)