|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: Character, Chapters 4 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Macbeth's friend and a general in the army in "The Tragedy of Macbeth"?
2. What term refers to a person who is opposed to, struggles against, or competes with the hero of a work of drama or literature?
3. Whom does Macbeth first kill in "The Tragedy of Macbeth"?
(b) King Duncan.
4. "Romeo and Juliet" begins with a feud between the Capulets and _____.
(a) The Montagues.
(b) The Mumfords.
(c) The Moreaus.
(d) The Moultons.
5. What term refers to the social and cultural forces that shape the life of a person or a population?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has a reigning power in the presence of a written piece of work according to Lajos Egri?
2. What childless widow is friends with Nora in "A Doll's House"?
3. What term refers to a lack of conflict in a scene or play?
4. Who hid Desdemona's handkerchief in Cassio's lodging in "Othello"?
5. What does Lajos Egri claim is the premise of "Othello"?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)