|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: Conflict, Chapters 1 -2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lajos Egri claim to be the premise of King Lear?
(a) "Jealousy destroys itself and the object of its love."
(b) "Blind trust leads to destruction."
(c) "Ruthless ambition leads to its own destruction."
(d) "Love rewards death."
2. What classical Greek Athenian philosopher was credited as one of the founders of Western philosophy and was known chiefly through the accounts of later classical writers, especially the writings of his students?
3. What refers to a dramatic form that does not observe the laws of cause and effect and that exaggerates emotion and emphasizes plot or action at the expense of characterization?
(a) Over dramatization.
(d) Ultimate drama.
4. What are defined as habitual patterns of behavior, thought, and emotion?
(c) Personality traits.
5. What does the author assert environment influences in drama?
Short Answer Questions
1. What childless widow is friends with Nora in "A Doll's House"?
2. What is Lajos Egri's terminology for the physiological, psychological, and sociological makeup of a character?
3. What refers to the psychological classification of different types of individuals?
4. When was "Oedipus Rex" first performed?
5. According to the author, you must present a character as _____.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)