|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: Conflict, Chapters 1 -2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, the opposing force of the antagonist absolutely must be _____.
(a) Less than that of the pivotal character.
(b) More than that of the pivotal character.
(c) Strategically placed.
(d) Equal to the pivotal character.
2. The author undoubtedly wants his characters to be the play in order to express _____.
(a) The ending.
(b) The suspense.
(c) The premise.
(d) The plot.
3. What refers to a dramatic form that does not observe the laws of cause and effect and that exaggerates emotion and emphasizes plot or action at the expense of characterization?
(a) Over dramatization.
(b) Ultimate drama.
4. What term refers to the process of finding two differing bodies, making them the protagonist and antagonist, and making these characters so well defined that you are allowed to put them into a situation in which they are unable to make a compromise?
(a) Dramatic writing.
(b) Conflict creation.
(d) Conflict escalation.
5. What term is defined by Webster's Dictionary as "a proposition antecedently supposed or proved; a basis of argument. A proposition stated or assumed as leading to a conclusion"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of Oedipus?
2. Who is Nora's husband in "A Doll's House"?
3. What was Lajos Egri's profession when he arrived in the United States?
4. What does the author assert is imperative because it shows how a character can move from one emotion to another?
5. Lajos Egri asserts that growth is a real character's reaction to his _____.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)