|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: Conflict, Chapters 8 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the play "Dinner at Eight"?
(a) Henrik Ibsen.
(b) George S. Kaufman.
(c) Edna Ferber.
(d) George S. Kaufman and Edna Ferber.
2. Whom is Christine in love with in "A Doll's House"?
(a) Dr. Rank.
3. Who reveals he has entered the terminal stage of tuberculosis in "A Doll's House"?
(d) Dr. Rank.
4. What philosopher surmised that "every story must have a beginning, middle, and an end"?
5. Who is the priest in the play "Ghosts"?
(a) Pastor Engstrand.
(b) Cleric Engstrand.
(c) Cleric Alving.
(d) Pastor Manders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the end of "The Cherry Orchard"?
2. According to the author, a good _____ is where something vital is at stake at the very beginning of a play.
3. Lajos Egri asserts that growth is a real character's reaction to his _____.
4. Who is the father of Oedipus?
5. What does Egri define as the no-return point and the highest in the scene?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)