|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: Conflict, Chapters 8 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the character neither has a strong will nor knows what he wants, what kind of conflict arises?
2. What Classic Greek philosopher claimed character was secondary to action?
3. When a scene ends the same way it begins, it is ____, and therefore boring because it ignores drama, according to the author.
(a) Déjà vu.
4. What does the author assert arises from environment and one's social situation?
5. What is always relative to someone or something, according to the author?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did "The Cherry Orchard" premiere?
2. What does the author assert is imperative because it shows how a character can move from one emotion to another?
3. Who is the priest in the play "Ghosts"?
4. The author asserts by example that what act more as a unit than humans?
5. Who wrote "Oedipus Rex"?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)