|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: Conflict, Chapters 8 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the man described in the author's short skit presented in Book III: Conflict, Chapter 2: Cause and Effect?
(a) A clumsy fool.
(c) A cordial twenty-something.
(d) A boring old man.
2. To examine how gradually a person moves from one pole to the other, the author cites from one of _____ works that studies the peaceful death of a perfectly healthy old man.
(a) William Shakespeare's.
(b) Thomas Jefferson's.
(c) Leonardo da Vinci's.
(d) Benjamin Franklin's.
3. Who is the pivotal character in "The Cherry Orchard"?
(b) Mme. Ranevsky.
(c) Leonid Andreyevitch Gaev.
4. The author asserts by example that what act more as a unit than humans?
5. According to the author, the opposing force of the antagonist absolutely must be _____.
(a) More than that of the pivotal character.
(b) Strategically placed.
(c) Less than that of the pivotal character.
(d) Equal to the pivotal character.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is defined as the organization and presentation of events and scenes in a work of fiction or drama so that the reader or observer is prepared to some degree for what occurs later in the work?
2. Whom does Oedipus marry?
3. In Book III: Conflict, Chapter 1: Origin of Action, the author claims that every action has components that _____.
4. Whom is Christine in love with in "A Doll's House"?
5. Lajos Egri compels the writer to know that their characters should not be dependent on their _____.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)