|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: Conflict, Chapters 8 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The premise of a dramatic work, according to the author, is not the same as _____.
(a) The antagonist.
(b) A universal truth.
(c) The plot.
(d) The protagonist.
2. What is Nora's last name in "A Doll's House"?
3. In rising conflict, each conflict causes _____.
(a) More drama.
(b) The one after it.
(c) Character growth.
(d) A resolution.
4. When did "The Cherry Orchard" premiere?
5. What does Oedipus do in the ending of "Oedipus Rex"?
(a) Blinds himself.
(b) Cuts his wrist.
(c) Hangs himself.
(d) Shoots himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the play "A Doll's House"?
2. Who wrote the play "Stevedore"?
3. It is the job of the character to prove what?
4. What childless widow is friends with Nora in "A Doll's House"?
5. What refers to the basic physical unit of heredity; a linear sequence of nucleotides along a segment of DNA?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)