|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author say greedy women do to men?
2. In what way did the author say that greedy women love?
3. How did the author advise to best increase desire after love has been consummated?
4. What advice about making a love known to the public did the author provide to men?
5. How would a member of the most noble class have known which dialogue in the book to consult for advice on love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author warned Walter to avoid many of the pitfalls of love, including avoiding romance with certain people. Explain why the author warned Walter to avoid the following three types of women: nuns, prostitutes and greedy women.
Essay Topic 2
Review the thirty-one rules of love and select three that appeal to you. For each, briefly explain why this rule is important for love to flourish.
Essay Topic 3
The book begins with Walter seeking advice from the author, Andreas Capellanus. Explain Walter's request of the author and the author's two goals in writing "The Art of Courtly Love". Do you believe that Andreas provided sufficient and helpful advice to Walter?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)