|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to desire if one lover expresses anger toward the other?
2. What happens when love starts to decline?
3. Which of the two lovers, if any, did the higher noblewoman think a man should give up?
4. The author encouraged Walter to find a woman who would love him regardless of what?
5. In Chapter 8, the story of the Briton, the gauntlet and the rules of love written by the King of Love concerned how many rules?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the four-stage theory of the appropriate development of love.
Part 1: Provide an example of each stage in a real-life romantic scenario.
Part 2: In which stage of development did the author advise women to find a lover? Which age group did he suggest? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of jealousy in romantic relationships and the power it holds. What effects does jealousy have on lovers? Is jealousy always bad or always good? Can jealousy destroy love? Can it be a tool to restore love?
Essay Topic 3
Thinking of the ways in which the author described the nature of women in general, explain how the author felt about women overall. What are at least three examples of women's nature and desires that the author provided to support his feelings about women?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)