Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were nuns advised to fiercely avoid love?
2. What happens when love starts to decline?
3. In the author's reviews of decisions in love cases, what was the outcome of the case in which a lady forbade a man to love another and enforced a very severe punishment?
4. In what way did the author explain that a certain class was akin to horses and mules?
5. In the conversation between the higher nobleman and the higher noblewoman, while she remained deeply skeptical and expressed a lack of interest, what did the man do?
Explain the four-stage theory of the appropriate development of love.
Part 1: Provide an example of each stage in a real-life romantic scenario.
Part 2: In which stage of development did the author advise women to find a lover? Which age group did he suggest? Why?
List and describe the five ways in which love can be acquired. Explain which three were identified as the only ways to truly achieve love and why two of them cannot produce love worthily.
Throughout the book, the costs and benefits of love are weighed. Provide three examples of the high costs of love and three examples of the benefits of love. Do the benefits outweigh the costs? Overall, does the author support those seeking love, or is his message more of a warning to avoid love and all of its troubles?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)