|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what argument did they have about love?
2. Which of the two lovers, if any, did the higher noblewoman think a man should give up?
3. How did the noblewoman imagine the two women might feel about being loved at the same time by a man?
4. How would a member of the most noble class have known which dialogue in the book to consult for advice on love?
5. What is one way a man might lose love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Book 2, ways to retain love are discussed. List and describe specific ways in which feelings of love can be retained and increased after a relationship has been consummated. List and describe sure ways to cause love to decrease or end.
Essay Topic 2
The author warned Walter to avoid many of the pitfalls of love, including avoiding romance with certain people. Explain why the author warned Walter to avoid the following three types of women: nuns, prostitutes and greedy women.
Essay Topic 3
Review the dialogues, paying careful attention to the romantic advances of the men involved in them. What similarities do you observe in all of the interactions on the part of the men as they interact with women of varying social rankings. What are the greatest differences? With which social rank of woman do you sense that the man was most respectful and "well behaved?" With which was he the worst?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)