|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accusation about the clergyman nobleman's interest in love did the higher noblewoman make?
2. In the author's reviews of decisions in love cases, what was the difference between the two men in the third case?
3. What type of women who are hard to love did the author provide as an example to Walter?
4. What did the author explain as a negative effect of marriage?
5. In what way did the author explain that a certain class was akin to horses and mules?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of jealousy in romantic relationships and the power it holds. What effects does jealousy have on lovers? Is jealousy always bad or always good? Can jealousy destroy love? Can it be a tool to restore love?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the various dialogues, the author teaches members of varying social classes the proper ways to interact on a romantic basis. Review the dialogues from Chapter 6 in which the middle class man approaches both a woman of the middle class and a noblewoman. Compare and contrast the two approach and conversation techniques and the women's responses to the man's advances.
Essay Topic 3
The author warned Walter to avoid many of the pitfalls of love, including avoiding romance with certain people. Explain why the author warned Walter to avoid the following three types of women: nuns, prostitutes and greedy women.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)