|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the higher noblewoman made an accusation about the man's interest in love, how did he respond?
2. What did the author explain as a negative effect of marriage?
3. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the man insist was a great good?
4. When a man and a woman, both of higher nobility interacted, how did the author advise the man to speak to the woman?
5. What advice about making a love known to the public did the author provide to men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Review the thirty-one rules of love and select three that appeal to you. For each, briefly explain why this rule is important for love to flourish.
Essay Topic 2
Thinking of the ways in which the author described the nature of women in general, explain how the author felt about women overall. What are at least three examples of women's nature and desires that the author provided to support his feelings about women?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of jealousy in romantic relationships and the power it holds. What effects does jealousy have on lovers? Is jealousy always bad or always good? Can jealousy destroy love? Can it be a tool to restore love?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)