|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were nuns advised to fiercely avoid love?
2. What happens when love starts to decline?
3. In the author's reviews of decisions in love cases, what was the outcome of the case in which a lady forbade a man to love another and enforced a very severe punishment?
4. In what way did the author explain that a certain class was akin to horses and mules?
5. In the conversation between the higher nobleman and the higher noblewoman, while she remained deeply skeptical and expressed a lack of interest, what did the man do?
Essay Topic 1
In Book Two, the author reviewed decisions in love cases, many of which involved the Countess of Champagne. Select three of the cases decided by the Countess of Champagne and review her decisions. Are there similarities in her decisions? What are the greatest differences?
Essay Topic 2
Review the thirty-one rules of love and select three that appeal to you. For each, briefly explain why this rule is important for love to flourish.
Essay Topic 3
The author warned Walter to avoid many of the pitfalls of love, including avoiding romance with certain people. Explain why the author warned Walter to avoid the following three types of women: nuns, prostitutes and greedy women.
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)