|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that the author told Walter is hard to love?
2. In Chapter 8, the story of the Briton, the gauntlet and the rules of love written by the King of Love concerned how many rules?
3. In the author's reviews of decisions in love cases, what was the reason in the second case that a man asked his lover if he could embrace another woman?
4. What accusation about the clergyman nobleman's interest in love did the higher noblewoman make?
5. A member of the most noble class was called what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Book Two, the author reviewed decisions in love cases, many of which involved the Countess of Champagne. Select three of the cases decided by the Countess of Champagne and review her decisions. Are there similarities in her decisions? What are the greatest differences?
Essay Topic 2
Review the thirty-one rules of love and select three that appeal to you. For each, briefly explain why this rule is important for love to flourish.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the dialogues, the women, regardless of their social ranking, continually rebuff the advances of the men who sought to pursue them romantically. Review the dialogues and the women's responses to the men's advances. What similarities to you observe in their responses? What are the greatest differences?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)