|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How should a lover behave toward the beloved to retain love?
2. Why were nuns advised to fiercely avoid love?
3. When a man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what argument did they have about love?
4. How would a member of the most noble class have known which dialogue in the book to consult for advice on love?
5. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the woman encourage the man to seek?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author states that everyone of sound mind can do the works of love unless disabled by age, blindness or excess passion. Provide an example of each of these barriers to attaining love and explain why they might prohibit someone from experiencing love.
Essay Topic 2
Review the thirty-one rules of love and select three that appeal to you. For each, briefly explain why this rule is important for love to flourish.
Essay Topic 3
The author warned Walter to avoid many of the pitfalls of love, including avoiding romance with certain people. Explain why the author warned Walter to avoid the following three types of women: nuns, prostitutes and greedy women.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)