|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what condition may a man indulge in the "solace of the flesh" and still retain love?
2. Though God did not ban a man of the clergy from courtly love, what did God ban him from?
3. In the author's reviews of decisions in love cases, what was the difference between the two men in the third case?
4. The author encouraged Walter to find a woman who would love him regardless of what?
5. When the higher noblewoman made an accusation about the man's interest in love, how did he respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Book 2, ways to retain love are discussed. List and describe specific ways in which feelings of love can be retained and increased after a relationship has been consummated. List and describe sure ways to cause love to decrease or end.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, the costs and benefits of love are weighed. Provide three examples of the high costs of love and three examples of the benefits of love. Do the benefits outweigh the costs? Overall, does the author support those seeking love, or is his message more of a warning to avoid love and all of its troubles?
Essay Topic 3
In Book Two, the author reviewed decisions in love cases, many of which involved the Countess of Champagne. Select three of the cases decided by the Countess of Champagne and review her decisions. Are there similarities in her decisions? What are the greatest differences?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)