|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author write that all involved in courtly love should avoid?
2. How did the author advise to best increase desire after love has been consummated?
3. What did the author say of the love of prostitutes?
4. According to the rules of love, what one characteristic alone can make any man worthy of love?
5. What is one way a man might lose love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of jealousy in romantic relationships and the power it holds. What effects does jealousy have on lovers? Is jealousy always bad or always good? Can jealousy destroy love? Can it be a tool to restore love?
Essay Topic 2
In Book Two, the author reviewed decisions in love cases, many of which involved the Countess of Champagne. Select three of the cases decided by the Countess of Champagne and review her decisions. Are there similarities in her decisions? What are the greatest differences?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the four-stage theory of the appropriate development of love.
Part 1: Provide an example of each stage in a real-life romantic scenario.
Part 2: In which stage of development did the author advise women to find a lover? Which age group did he suggest? Why?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)