Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were nuns advised to fiercely avoid love?
2. What happens when love starts to decline?
3. In the author's reviews of decisions in love cases, what was the outcome of the case in which a lady forbade a man to love another and enforced a very severe punishment?
4. In what way did the author explain that a certain class was akin to horses and mules?
5. In the conversation between the higher nobleman and the higher noblewoman, while she remained deeply skeptical and expressed a lack of interest, what did the man do?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the author's feelings about peasants and their inclinations to love. Under what circumstances did the author suggest that peasants can experience love? What did the author mean when he suggested that someone who falls in love with a peasant should praise her and then, in a convenient location, "embrace [her] by force?"
Essay Topic 2
List and describe the five ways in which love can be acquired. Explain which three were identified as the only ways to truly achieve love and why two of them cannot produce love worthily.
Essay Topic 3
The author states that everyone of sound mind can do the works of love unless disabled by age, blindness or excess passion. Provide an example of each of these barriers to attaining love and explain why they might prohibit someone from experiencing love.
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)