|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the author's reviews of decisions in love cases, what was the outcome of the case in which a lady forbade a man to love another and enforced a very severe punishment?
2. What did the author say about a raped woman's future?
3. A member of the most noble class was called what?
4. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the woman look for a chance to do?
5. Up until the beginning of Chapters 7-12, which class, often considered the most noble, was unmentioned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of jealousy in romantic relationships and the power it holds. What effects does jealousy have on lovers? Is jealousy always bad or always good? Can jealousy destroy love? Can it be a tool to restore love?
Essay Topic 2
In Book 2, ways to retain love are discussed. List and describe specific ways in which feelings of love can be retained and increased after a relationship has been consummated. List and describe sure ways to cause love to decrease or end.
Essay Topic 3
Review the thirty-one rules of love and select three that appeal to you. For each, briefly explain why this rule is important for love to flourish.
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)