|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what type of flattery did the man use with the woman?
2. Throughout the conversation, the woman spoke repeatedly about the costs of love. Of what did the man speak repeatedly?
3. In the author's reviews of decisions in love cases, what was the outcome of the case in which a lady forbade a man to love another and enforced a very severe punishment?
4. In what way did the author say that greedy women love?
5. What future awaits a woman who stays with a cheating man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author states that everyone of sound mind can do the works of love unless disabled by age, blindness or excess passion. Provide an example of each of these barriers to attaining love and explain why they might prohibit someone from experiencing love.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the author's feelings about peasants and their inclinations to love. Under what circumstances did the author suggest that peasants can experience love? What did the author mean when he suggested that someone who falls in love with a peasant should praise her and then, in a convenient location, "embrace [her] by force?"
Essay Topic 3
List and describe the five ways in which love can be acquired. Explain which three were identified as the only ways to truly achieve love and why two of them cannot produce love worthily.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)