|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Up until the beginning of Chapters 7-12, which class, often considered the most noble, was unmentioned?
2. When a man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what type of flattery did the man use with the woman?
3. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the woman look for a chance to do?
4. What happens when love starts to decline?
5. What does blasphemy against God do to love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the author's feelings about peasants and their inclinations to love. Under what circumstances did the author suggest that peasants can experience love? What did the author mean when he suggested that someone who falls in love with a peasant should praise her and then, in a convenient location, "embrace [her] by force?"
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of the book, the author expresses strong opinions on the subject of homosexuality. Explain his opinions and cite the reasoning behind them.
Essay Topic 3
List the twelve rules for acquiring love and provide a brief example of each.
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)