|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the woman encourage the man to seek?
2. What group was advised to fiercely avoid love?
3. When the man of higher nobility spoke to the woman of higher nobility, of what did he argue that her resistance was an indicator?
4. A member of the most noble class was called what?
5. What class of person did the author liken to horses and mules?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thinking of the ways in which the author described the nature of women in general, explain how the author felt about women overall. What are at least three examples of women's nature and desires that the author provided to support his feelings about women?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the four-stage theory of the appropriate development of love.
Part 1: Provide an example of each stage in a real-life romantic scenario.
Part 2: In which stage of development did the author advise women to find a lover? Which age group did he suggest? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the various dialogues, the author teaches members of varying social classes the proper ways to interact on a romantic basis. Review the dialogues from Chapter 6 in which the middle class man approaches both a woman of the middle class and a noblewoman. Compare and contrast the two approach and conversation techniques and the women's responses to the man's advances.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)