|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author say greedy women do to men?
2. What did the man of the clergy admit about love with a woman?
3. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what was the man advised to avoid?
4. When the higher noblewoman made an accusation about the man's interest in love, how did he respond?
5. What was a member of the most noble class bound to renounce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Called "terrible" and "dangerous," the author provided many warnings against fooling with love. List at least three examples each for how love is both dangerous and terrible. Provide a real-life example of each you listed.
Essay Topic 2
The book begins with Walter seeking advice from the author, Andreas Capellanus. Explain Walter's request of the author and the author's two goals in writing "The Art of Courtly Love". Do you believe that Andreas provided sufficient and helpful advice to Walter?
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning of the book, the author expresses strong opinions on the subject of homosexuality. Explain his opinions and cite the reasoning behind them.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)