|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author say about a raped woman's future?
(a) She is sure to find a great love.
(b) She is undeserving of love.
(c) She is too damaged to love.
(d) She deserves love.
2. What did the author refer to as "the nurse of love"?
3. A member of the most noble class was called what?
4. When the man of higher nobility spoke to the woman of higher nobility and she grew tired of their conversation and insisted that it should end, how did the nobleman respond?
(a) That they had so much more to discuss.
(b) That he wanted one last chance to profess his love.
(c) That he knew then that they had no future together.
(d) That he would respect her wishes.
5. Why were nuns advised to fiercely avoid love?
(a) They loved money too much.
(b) They were doomed to never find true love.
(c) It would stir up God's wrath.
(d) They were not worthy of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were members of the most noble rank advised to consult the dialogues in the book?
2. What is it that the author told Walter is hard to love?
3. In what way did the author explain that a certain class was akin to horses and mules?
4. Under what condition may a man indulge in the "solace of the flesh" and still retain love?
5. What future awaits a woman who stays with a cheating man?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)