|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the author wrote about how to behave when one fell in love with a peasant, what is it believed that he was suggesting?
(a) Carnal passion.
(c) Counterfeit love.
2. How did the author advise to best increase desire after love has been consummated?
(a) See each other rarely.
(b) See each other only at their very best.
(c) See each other only in public.
(d) See each other every moment possible.
3. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the man insist was a great good?
(a) Love of someone from a lower class.
(c) The respect of peers.
(d) Love between a man and a woman.
4. For the woman, what did being unfaithful damage most?
(a) Her future relationships.
(b) Her relationship with God.
(c) Her character.
(d) Her reputation.
5. How did the noblewoman imagine the two women might feel about being loved at the same time by a man?
(a) They might excuse it.
(b) They might be infuriated.
(c) They might feel betrayed.
(d) They might be jealous and hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group was advised to fiercely avoid love?
2. What did the author advise a woman to do when she has loved a man who was unworthy of her?
3. What did the author say about a raped woman's future?
4. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the woman look for a chance to do?
5. What did the author say greedy women do to men?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)