|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the woman encourage the man to seek?
(a) Something higher than love between a man and a woman.
(b) The approval of men before the approval of women.
(c) The love of a woman of a lower class.
(d) Acceptance of himself before he looks for love.
2. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what was the man advised to avoid?
(a) Embarrassing her.
(b) Praising her excessively.
(c) Saying anything that would ridicule himself in her eyes.
(d) Insisting that his rank was more prestigious than hers.
3. What did the author say greedy women do to men?
(a) Make them better men by breaking them down first.
(b) Breed greed in their own hearts.
(c) Turn them into shadows of themselves.
(d) Bleed them dry and leave them.
4. Throughout the conversation, the woman spoke repeatedly about the costs of love. Of what did the man speak repeatedly?
(a) Love's deception.
(b) Love's benefits.
(c) Love's risks.
(d) Love's attraction.
5. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the woman look for a chance to do?
(a) Ridicule him.
(b) Flatter him.
(c) Correct him.
(d) Embrace him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author advise to best increase desire after love has been consummated?
2. If the beloved wanted something unreasonable, what did the author advise to do?
3. In the author's reviews of decisions in love cases, what was the reason in the second case that a man asked his lover if he could embrace another woman?
4. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the man insist was a great good?
5. In what way did the author say that greedy women love?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)