|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though God did not ban a man of the clergy from courtly love, what did God ban him from?
(a) Marrying someone who was not a believer.
(c) The flesh.
(d) Marrying someone too young.
2. When the man of higher nobility spoke to the woman of higher nobility and she grew tired of their conversation and insisted that it should end, how did the nobleman respond?
(a) That they had so much more to discuss.
(b) That he would respect her wishes.
(c) That he wanted one last chance to profess his love.
(d) That he knew then that they had no future together.
3. When a man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what argument did they have about love?
(a) About its ability to heal.
(b) About its ability to frighten.
(c) About its prudence.
(d) About its deception.
4. If a greedy woman truly loved her man, what would she be hesitant to do?
(a) Neglect his needs.
(b) Destroy him.
(c) Belittle him.
(d) Ask so much of him.
5. In the conversation between the higher nobleman and the higher noblewoman, while she remained deeply skeptical and expressed a lack of interest, what did the man do?
(a) He mirrored her emotions.
(b) He became more intense.
(c) He sought the love of another woman.
(d) He reminded her of his social ranking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the woman of higher nobility reprove the nobleman who was a member of the clergy?
2. What is one way a man might lose love?
3. In the author's reviews of decisions in love cases, what was the reason in the second case that a man asked his lover if he could embrace another woman?
4. What was the general focus of Book One?
5. What did the author consider greedy women to be?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)