|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the author's reviews of decisions in love cases, what was the reason in the second case that a man asked his lover if he could embrace another woman?
(a) He was testing his lover.
(b) He was punishing his lover cruelly.
(c) He was in love with another woman.
(d) He was jealous of his lover.
2. When the higher noblewoman made an accusation about the man's interest in love, how did he respond?
3. What does blasphemy against God do to love?
(a) Stalls it.
(b) Decreases it.
(c) Destroys it.
(d) Curses it.
4. Though God did not ban a man of the clergy from courtly love, what did God ban him from?
(a) Marrying someone too young.
(b) The flesh.
(d) Marrying someone who was not a believer.
5. What group was advised to fiercely avoid love?
(c) The very poor.
(d) The very wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what condition may a man indulge in the "solace of the flesh" and still retain love?
2. In the author's reviews of decisions in love cases, what was the difference between the two men in the third case?
3. According to the author, what can money not buy?
4. What did the author explain as a negative effect of marriage?
5. What accusation about the clergyman nobleman's interest in love did the higher noblewoman make?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)