|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the nobleman wonder about loving two women at the same time?
(a) If it could be done in the courtly fashion.
(b) If God would approve.
(c) If it doomed the chance to have a future with either woman.
(d) If it would tarnish his nobility.
2. In what way did the author say that greedy women love?
(a) In a real way.
(b) In a desperate way.
(c) In a counterfeit way.
(d) In a transparent way.
3. Why were nuns advised to fiercely avoid love?
(a) They were not worthy of love.
(b) They loved money too much.
(c) It would stir up God's wrath.
(d) They were doomed to never find true love.
4. What was the general focus of Book One?
(a) Avoiding the wrong kinds of love.
(b) The perils of love between social classes.
(c) Convincing others to return love.
(d) Acquiring love.
5. What might indicate that love has returned?
(a) The woman stops avoiding the man and pays attention to her appearance.
(b) The woman finds herself feeling jealous.
(c) The man cannot stop thinking of the woman.
(d) The lovers find that they dream of eachother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author write that all involved in courtly love should avoid?
2. Though God did not ban a man of the clergy from courtly love, what did God ban him from?
3. What did the author refer to as "the nurse of love"?
4. According to the author, what effect did leaving the Catholic Church have on lovers?
5. What is it that the author told Walter is hard to love?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)