|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would a member of the most noble class have known which dialogue in the book to consult for advice on love?
(a) According to the amount of wealth he had.
(b) According to the social rank of the woman in which he was interested.
(c) According to the rank of his parents.
(d) According to his own social ranking.
2. What did the author identify as a sure way to decrease love?
(a) Expressing anger.
(b) Developing feelings of jealousy.
(c) Being together too much.
(d) Seeing each other too rarely.
3. What did the author consider greedy women to be?
(a) Worthy challenges.
(b) Deadly enemies.
(c) Charity cases.
(d) God's problems.
4. Though God did not ban a man of the clergy from courtly love, what did God ban him from?
(a) Marrying someone who was not a believer.
(b) Marrying someone too young.
(d) The flesh.
5. What did the author refer to as "the nurse of love"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to desire if one lover expresses anger toward the other?
2. When a man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, why did the woman say she was reluctant to fall in love?
3. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the man insist was a great good?
4. How did the author advise to best increase desire after love has been consummated?
5. What happens when love starts to decline?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)