|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What class of person did the author liken to horses and mules?
(d) Middle class.
2. Which of the two lovers, if any, did the higher noblewoman think a man should give up?
(b) The second.
(c) The first.
3. When a man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what argument did they have about love?
(a) About its deception.
(b) About its ability to frighten.
(c) About its prudence.
(d) About its ability to heal.
4. Why were nuns advised to fiercely avoid love?
(a) It would stir up God's wrath.
(b) They loved money too much.
(c) They were not worthy of love.
(d) They were doomed to never find true love.
5. According to the author, what can money not buy?
(b) True love.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the higher noblewoman made an accusation about the man's interest in love, how did he respond?
2. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what concerns about the nature of love did the woman express?
3. If a greedy woman truly loved her man, what would she be hesitant to do?
4. When a man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what type of flattery did the man use with the woman?
5. For the group advised to fiercely avoid love, what was one who sought their love considered to be?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)