|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A member of the most noble class was called what?
2. What group was advised to fiercely avoid love?
(a) The very wealthy.
(d) The very poor.
3. When a man and a woman, both of higher nobility interacted, how did the author advise the man to speak to the woman?
(a) With soft and gentle words.
(b) Kindly, and with flattery.
(c) Strongly and with confidence.
(d) With agression and dominance.
4. How should a lover behave toward the beloved to retain love?
(a) With great affection.
(b) With restraint.
(c) With detachment.
(d) With unrestrained passion.
5. What did the author identify as a sure way to decrease love?
(a) Expressing anger.
(b) Being together too much.
(c) Developing feelings of jealousy.
(d) Seeing each other too rarely.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the conversation between the higher nobleman and the higher noblewoman, while she remained deeply skeptical and expressed a lack of interest, what did the man do?
2. What might indicate that love has returned?
3. What was a member of the most noble class bound to renounce?
4. How did the author advise to best increase desire after love has been consummated?
5. According to the author, what effect did leaving the Catholic Church have on lovers?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)