|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author write that all involved in courtly love should avoid?
(a) Embarrassing the other.
(b) Too much desire.
(c) Too much flattery.
(d) Bad appearances.
2. In Chapter 8, the story of the Briton, the gauntlet and the rules of love written by the King of Love concerned how many rules?
3. What group was advised to fiercely avoid love?
(a) The very poor.
(c) The very wealthy.
4. What did the author identify as a sure way to decrease love?
(a) Developing feelings of jealousy.
(b) Being together too much.
(c) Expressing anger.
(d) Seeing each other too rarely.
5. When a man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, why did the woman say she was reluctant to fall in love?
(a) She was a widow.
(b) She was already married.
(c) She is afraid of love.
(d) She was too old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author advise to best increase desire after love has been consummated?
2. What did the author think greedy women should do?
3. In the conversation between the higher nobleman and the higher noblewoman, while she remained deeply skeptical and expressed a lack of interest, what did the man do?
4. Why were nuns advised to fiercely avoid love?
5. What did the author refer to as "the nurse of love"?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)