1. In the Preface, explain the request that the author's friend made of him that led him to write the book.
The author's friend asked him to publish his writings on the nature of love between lovers.
2. What did the author describe being requested by Walter in the Preface?
The author's friend, Walter, had recently fallen in love and did not know how to manage.
3. What did the author describe as arising from the perception and focus on the beauty of another?
The author described innate suffering as arising from the perception and focus on the beauty of another.
4. How did the author describe the feelings associated with love before it becomes balanced on each side?
Before loves becomes balanced on each side, the author wrote that lovers would feel great suffering and be paralyzed by fear.
5. What example did the author use to explain why love is innate?
The author described love as innate with the example of a man who spots his ideal woman, lusts after her and begins immediately to plan how to woo her.
This section contains 2,744 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)