Short Essay Questions Key
1. In the Preface, explain the request that the author's friend made of him that led him to write the book.
2. What did the author describe being requested by Walter in the Preface?
3. What did the author describe as arising from the perception and focus on the beauty of another?
4. How did the author describe the feelings associated with love before it becomes balanced on each side?
5. What example did the author use to explain why love is innate?
6. Explain the author's stance on love and homosexuality.
7. What thoughts and actions did the author describe as the main focus of lovers?
8. Identify and describe the word from which "love" was derived.
9. How did the author explain the effects of love on the uncouth man?
10. What three issues did the author identify as barring someone from the experience of real love?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)