|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, The Rejection of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a middle class man suggests a relationship with a middle class woman and she resists him, how is the man to respond?
(a) He must take it as a cue to take the upper hand and deal with her firmly.
(b) He must ask her what he must do to win her heart.
(c) He must thank her for her time and end the conversation.
(d) He must rebuff her again and again.
2. How can love lead to poverty?
(a) Men are often victims of crimes when distracted by love.
(b) Men can give all of their money away when in love.
(c) A greedy woman can take all of a man's wealth.
(d) Men lose regard for money.
3. If a nobleman effectively offered the correct praise to a noblewoman, what might she have permitted him to do daily?
(a) Touch her.
(b) View her.
(c) Embrace her.
(d) Flatter her.
4. Which way of acquiring love does so with little effort?
(a) Good character.
(d) Ready speech.
5. Of what other danger did the nobleman warn the noblewoman?
(a) Choosing the wrong man.
(b) Never having children.
(c) Losing her nobility.
(d) Never loving at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. In situations of love in which two women compete for one man, how did the author expect the women to regard each other?
2. When a nobleman sat next to a middle class woman without permission, what message does he send?
3. What did the author say greedy women do to men?
4. When the noblewoman expressed her fear about endangering herself, how would the nobleman be expected to respond?
5. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the man insist was a great good?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)