|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, The Rejection of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, how do suspicions of unfaithfulness affect men?
(a) They damage their ability to love.
(b) They become enslaved by them.
(c) They make love stronger.
(d) They become immune to them.
2. How can love lead to poverty?
(a) Men can give all of their money away when in love.
(b) Men are often victims of crimes when distracted by love.
(c) A greedy woman can take all of a man's wealth.
(d) Men lose regard for money.
3. What advice about making a love known to the public did the author provide to men?
(a) They should share their love openly with the public.
(b) They should make it known that they are taken, but not by whom.
(c) They should avoid letting it be publicly known.
(d) They should keep love very secret and never tell anyone during early courtship.
4. When a man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, why did the woman say she was reluctant to fall in love?
(a) She is afraid of love.
(b) She was a widow.
(c) She was already married.
(d) She was too old.
5. How would the woman of higher nobility react to the middle class man after he informed her of his good qualities?
(a) She would degrade them.
(b) She would admire his tenacity.
(c) She would insist on proof.
(d) She would be flattered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might a middle class woman have said to a nobleman about his social ranking if he had pursued her romantically?
2. What did the nobleman wonder about loving two women at the same time?
3. What does love do to the appetite for food and drink?
4. What accusation about the clergyman nobleman's interest in love did the higher noblewoman make?
5. When a woman of high nobility accepted the romantic advances of a lower class man, she runs the risk of the public thinking that she did so only for what reason?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)