|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, The Rejection of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Up until the beginning of Chapters 7-12, which class, often considered the most noble, was unmentioned?
(a) The clergy.
(b) The serfs.
(c) The nobility.
(d) The Royal Family.
2. What did the author note that women can achieve through marriage, but men cannot?
(b) Good character.
(c) Protection from harm.
3. What was a member of the most noble class bound to renounce?
(b) Delights of the earth.
(d) Status and wealth.
4. When a man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what type of flattery did the man use with the woman?
(a) Personal and specific.
(b) Rather brief.
(c) Very extended and flowery.
(d) Respectful and formal.
5. Among the author's twelve rules for acquiring love, what did he have to say about how to deal with a current love affair?
(a) Break one up only by speaking with kindness to both parties.
(b) Never break one up knowingly.
(c) Break one up by acting quickly to lessen the sting.
(d) Meddling in a current affair should only be done once in a man's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Love can be dangerous because it can impel men to do what?
2. In the four-stage theory of appropriate development of love, what is the second stage?
3. What power over marriages that God ordained does love have?
4. What does love do to wisdom?
5. What happens when love starts to decline?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)