|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, The Rejection of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, the story of the Briton, the gauntlet and the rules of love written by the King of Love concerned how many rules?
2. When a man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what argument did they have about love?
(a) About its prudence.
(b) About its ability to heal.
(c) About its deception.
(d) About its ability to frighten.
3. In the four-stage theory of appropriate development of love, what is the third stage?
(b) Whole person.
4. What did the author think greedy women should do?
(a) Find a man equally as greedy to love.
(b) Seek the love of a poor man.
(d) Join a brothel.
5. If a nobleman effectively offered the correct praise to a noblewoman, what might she have permitted him to do daily?
(a) View her.
(b) Embrace her.
(c) Flatter her.
(d) Touch her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author say greedy women do to men?
2. Why did the author say that these women who are hard to love cannot love a single man?
3. What might indicate that love has returned?
4. Under what condition may a man indulge in the "solace of the flesh" and still retain love?
5. Why did the woman of higher nobility reprove the nobleman who was a member of the clergy?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)