|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, The Rejection of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the general focus of Book One?
(a) Convincing others to return love.
(b) Acquiring love.
(c) The perils of love between social classes.
(d) Avoiding the wrong kinds of love.
2. According to the author in the Preface, what was his reason for writing the book?
(a) Following orders from superiors.
(b) Helping a friend in love.
(c) Following his own dream to share his knowledge.
(d) Showing the world the error of its ways.
3. What did the author refer to as "the nurse of love"?
4. Despite her social rank, how might a middle class man perceive a noblewoman to be?
5. What did the author consider greedy women to be?
(a) Deadly enemies.
(b) Worthy challenges.
(c) Charity cases.
(d) God's problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to desire if one lover expresses anger toward the other?
2. In the four-stage theory of appropriate development of love, what is the third stage?
3. In the four-stage theory of appropriate development of love, what is the fourth stage?
4. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the woman encourage the man to seek?
5. In the author's reviews of decisions in love cases, what was the outcome of the case in which a lady forbade a man to love another and enforced a very severe punishment?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)