|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, How Love May Be Retained, Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a nobleman approached a noblewoman, how was he to begin a conversation?
(a) With flattery.
(b) With humor.
(c) With a gift.
(d) With a request for her advice.
2. What did the author suggest that a middle class man always do in a conversation with a middle class woman?
(a) Amuse her.
(b) Flatter her.
(c) Amaze her.
(d) Lead her.
3. What happens to desire if one lover expresses anger toward the other?
(a) It decreases.
(b) It increases.
(c) It matures.
(d) It stays the same.
4. What did the man of the clergy admit about love with a woman?
(a) That it could ruin their lives.
(b) That she would never be worthy.
(c) That it was forbidden.
(d) That it was risky.
5. How did the author explain the effects of love on the uncouth man?
(a) He truly becomes handsome when he is loved.
(b) He will never truly be loved.
(c) He can be seen as handsome by someone who loves him.
(d) He cannot love in return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the two lovers, if any, did the higher noblewoman think a man should give up?
2. What accusation about the clergyman nobleman's interest in love did the higher noblewoman make?
3. Of the five ways to acquire love, which is the only one worthy of love?
4. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the woman look for a chance to do?
5. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the man insist was a great good?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)