|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Introduction to the Treatise on Love, Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the four-stage theory of appropriate development of love, what is the second stage?
(d) Whole person.
2. When a woman of high nobility accepted the romantic advances of a lower class man, she runs the risk of the public thinking that she did so only for what reason?
3. How would a noblewoman respond to compliments from a nobleman?
(a) She would rebuff him.
(b) She would be embarrassed but flattered.
(c) She would feel offended.
(d) She would be appreciative.
4. Of the five ways to acquire love, what should wise lovers look for to attain a lasting love?
(a) Good character.
(c) Ready speech.
5. How would a member of the most noble class have known which dialogue in the book to consult for advice on love?
(a) According to his own social ranking.
(b) According to the social rank of the woman in which he was interested.
(c) According to the amount of wealth he had.
(d) According to the rank of his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a middle class man suggests a relationship with a middle class woman and she resists him, how is the man to respond?
2. When a nobleman approached a noblewoman and began a conversation appropriately, what was the nobleman to tell the noblewoman it was difficult to restrain himself from doing?
3. How did the author approach the topic of homosexuality?
4. If a nobleman wished to select a middle class woman, what was his best course of action to woo her?
5. When a nobleman sat next to a middle class woman without permission, what message does he send?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)