|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Introduction to the Treatise on Love, Chapter 6, Dialogues 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because a man will see his ideal woman, lust after her and make plans to woo her, how did the author explain love's origins?
(a) It is innate to humans.
(b) It develops only when a connection is there.
(c) It is a figment of the imagination.
(d) It come directly from God when the moment is right.
2. What did the author suggest that a middle class man always do in a conversation with a middle class woman?
(a) Lead her.
(b) Amaze her.
(c) Amuse her.
(d) Flatter her.
3. The word "love" is derived from what word?
4. In the four-stage theory of appropriate development of love, what is the second stage?
(a) Whole person.
5. According to the author, about what do people in love think continually?
(a) Fearful thoughts of rejection.
(b) Each other.
(c) Lustful thoughts.
(d) Only happy things because love has colored their vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. Should a middle class man approach a very wise noblewoman, what is the risk he takes in conducting himself poorly?
2. When the middle class man approached the woman of higher nobility and she told him finally that he had no reason to hope, how was he to respond?
3. What is the meaning of the word from which "love" is derived?
4. According to the author, how does love feel about homosexuality?
5. In the four-stage theory of appropriate development of love, what is the first stage?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)