|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Introduction to the Treatise on Love, Preface, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The word "love" is derived from what word?
2. According to the author, how does love feel about homosexuality?
(a) Love withers in homosexuality.
(b) Love is ashamed to accept it.
(c) Love is replaced by lust in homosexuality.
(d) Love embraces it.
3. According to the author, about what do people in love think continually?
(a) Lustful thoughts.
(b) Only happy things because love has colored their vision.
(c) Each other.
(d) Fearful thoughts of rejection.
4. According to the author in the Preface, what was his reason for writing the book?
(a) Following his own dream to share his knowledge.
(b) Helping a friend in love.
(c) Showing the world the error of its ways.
(d) Following orders from superiors.
5. How did the author explain the connection between love and greed?
(a) Love is essentially a form of greed.
(b) Love eliminates greed.
(c) Love is destroyed by greed.
(d) Love cannot be degraded by greed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Walter?
2. According to the author, what does love cause a person to seek above all other things?
3. How did the author describe the effects of age on love?
4. How did the author explain the link between love, perception and social class?
5. According to the author, upon what do lovers focus their attention?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)