|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Introduction to the Treatise on Love, Preface, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of the word from which "love" is derived?
(a) To seize.
(b) A gift.
(c) To capture.
(d) Of great purity.
2. How did the author explain the effects of love on the uncouth man?
(a) He can be seen as handsome by someone who loves him.
(b) He will never truly be loved.
(c) He cannot love in return.
(d) He truly becomes handsome when he is loved.
3. How did the author explain the link between love, perception and social class?
(a) Love makes peasants of all who love.
(b) Love can make anyone a nobleman.
(c) Love is impossible for nobility to obtain.
(d) Love makes lovers feel like royalty.
4. Before love becomes balanced on both sides, what did the author say happens to two people in love?
(a) No suffering is greater than theirs.
(b) They experience the greatest anticipation of their lives.
(c) No passion is purer than theirs.
(d) Their feelings change from lust to a sacred love.
5. According to the author, upon what do lovers focus their attention?
(a) Bringing about the enjoyment of those they love.
(b) Speaking words of love to those they love.
(c) Catching a glimpse of those they love.
(d) Having physical contact with those they love.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, how does love feel about homosexuality?
2. According to the author, about what do people in love think continually?
3. How did the author describe the effects of age on love?
4. According to the author, what does love cause a person to seek above all other things?
5. According to the author in the Preface, what was his reason for writing the book?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)