|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Introduction to the Treatise on Love, Preface, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author explain the issue of nature and homosexuality?
(a) Nature makes homosexuality impossible.
(b) Nature makes homosexuality innate for all, and heterosexuality is a choice.
(c) Nature makes homosexuality innate for some.
(d) Nature forbids homosexuality.
2. According to the author, upon what do lovers focus their attention?
(a) Bringing about the enjoyment of those they love.
(b) Speaking words of love to those they love.
(c) Catching a glimpse of those they love.
(d) Having physical contact with those they love.
3. What is the meaning of the word from which "love" is derived?
(a) A gift.
(b) To capture.
(c) Of great purity.
(d) To seize.
4. How did the author explain the effects of love on the uncouth man?
(a) He will never truly be loved.
(b) He cannot love in return.
(c) He truly becomes handsome when he is loved.
(d) He can be seen as handsome by someone who loves him.
5. What did the author describe as the result of focusing on the beauty of another?
(a) Pure passion.
(b) Lustful thoughts.
(c) Innate suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Walter?
2. How did the author explain the effects of excess passion on love?
3. How did the author explain the connection between blindness and love?
4. How did the author explain the link between love, perception and social class?
5. According to the author in the Preface, what was his reason for writing the book?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)