|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, How Love May Be Retained, Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of women who are hard to love did the author provide as an example to Walter?
(a) Women who rejected God.
(b) Women who were too greedy.
(c) Women who loved in a counterfeit way.
(d) Women who gave into carnal passion easily.
2. How did the author explain the connection between love and greed?
(a) Love is destroyed by greed.
(b) Love eliminates greed.
(c) Love cannot be degraded by greed.
(d) Love is essentially a form of greed.
3. How did the author explain the link between love, perception and social class?
(a) Love can make anyone a nobleman.
(b) Love makes peasants of all who love.
(c) Love makes lovers feel like royalty.
(d) Love is impossible for nobility to obtain.
4. Though God did not ban a man of the clergy from courtly love, what did God ban him from?
(a) The flesh.
(b) Marrying someone too young.
(d) Marrying someone who was not a believer.
5. When a nobleman sat next to a middle class woman without permission, what message does he send?
(a) That he is of a higher class.
(b) That he is not interested in pursuing her romantically.
(c) That he was raised poorly and lacks good manners.
(d) That he is in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a middle class man suggests a relationship with a middle class woman and she resists him, how is the man to respond?
2. What did the author say about a raped woman's future?
3. What advice about making a love known to the public did the author provide to men?
4. In the four-stage theory of appropriate development of love, to what age group does a woman's ideal man belong?
5. How did the author explain the connection between blindness and love?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)