|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, How Love May Be Retained, Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, upon what do lovers focus their attention?
(a) Having physical contact with those they love.
(b) Bringing about the enjoyment of those they love.
(c) Speaking words of love to those they love.
(d) Catching a glimpse of those they love.
2. In Chapter 8, the story of the Briton, the gauntlet and the rules of love written by the King of Love concerned how many rules?
3. Recalling the thing the author suggested a middle class man always do in a conversation with a middle class woman, when did he suggest that it be done in the course of a conversation?
(a) Before the conversation really begins.
(b) Early in the conversation.
(c) In the middle of the conversation.
(d) At the end of the conversation.
4. How did the author explain the issue of nature and homosexuality?
(a) Nature makes homosexuality innate for some.
(b) Nature makes homosexuality innate for all, and heterosexuality is a choice.
(c) Nature makes homosexuality impossible.
(d) Nature forbids homosexuality.
5. Which of the two lovers, if any, did the higher noblewoman think a man should give up?
(c) The first.
(d) The second.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author consider greedy women to be?
2. What did the author identify as a sure way to decrease love?
3. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the man insist was a great good?
4. What class of person did the author liken to horses and mules?
5. How would a member of the most noble class have known which dialogue in the book to consult for advice on love?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)