|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, How Love May Be Retained, Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the four-stage theory of appropriate development of love, what is the first stage?
(c) Whole person.
2. What does blasphemy against God do to love?
(a) Stalls it.
(b) Decreases it.
(c) Curses it.
(d) Destroys it.
3. In what stage of the four-stage theory of appropriate development of love should a woman try to find a lover?
(a) The second stage.
(b) The fourth stage.
(c) The third stage.
(d) The first stage.
4. Which of the two lovers, if any, did the higher noblewoman think a man should give up?
(a) The second.
(b) The first.
5. When the noblewoman expressed her fear about endangering herself, how would the nobleman be expected to respond?
(a) With concern.
(b) With mock annoyance.
(c) With humble apology.
(d) With contempt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author explain the link between love, perception and social class?
2. What fear about endangering herself would a noblewoman have shared with a nobleman who was pursuing her romantically?
3. If a middle class woman were to resist a middle class man because he is younger than she, how must the man respond?
4. What did the author warn Walter not to be fooled by when looking for love?
5. According to the author, what can money not buy?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)