|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, How Love May Be Retained, Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout the conversation, the woman spoke repeatedly about the costs of love. Of what did the man speak repeatedly?
(a) Love's attraction.
(b) Love's deception.
(c) Love's benefits.
(d) Love's risks.
2. If a nobleman wished to select a middle class woman, what was his best course of action to woo her?
(a) Acts of love.
(b) Loving gazes.
(c) Special speech.
(d) Small gifts.
3. For a nobleman whose advances are being rebuffed by a middle class woman, what must he argue to her?
(a) That she may be low born, but she deserves to be treated as upper class.
(b) The goodness of his character.
(c) That she is more beautiful and kind than any woman in his class.
(d) The importance of his social ranking.
4. What did the author think greedy women should do?
(a) Find a man equally as greedy to love.
(c) Seek the love of a poor man.
(d) Join a brothel.
5. What was a member of the most noble class bound to renounce?
(a) Status and wealth.
(d) Delights of the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in the Preface, what was his reason for writing the book?
2. What is it that the author told Walter is hard to love?
3. What did the author refer to as "the nurse of love"?
4. What is one way a man might lose love?
5. In what way did the author say that greedy women love?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)