|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, How Love May Be Retained, Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What future awaits a woman who stays with a cheating man?
(a) A sure end to her love.
(b) Endless worry.
(c) Stronger trust and commitment.
(d) Increased passion.
2. When the man of higher nobility spoke to the woman of higher nobility, of what did he argue that her resistance was an indicator?
(a) Her true feelings.
(b) Her fears of love.
(c) Her immaturity.
(d) Her derangement.
3. What happens when love starts to decline?
(a) It dies a slow death.
(b) Feelings of jealousy increase.
(c) It can end quickly.
(d) Blasphemy against God increases.
4. How would the woman of higher nobility react to the middle class man after he informed her of his good qualities?
(a) She would be flattered.
(b) She would admire his tenacity.
(c) She would insist on proof.
(d) She would degrade them.
5. Of the five ways to acquire love, what should wise lovers look for to attain a lasting love?
(a) Ready speech.
(d) Good character.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what type of flattery did the man use with the woman?
2. What did the author advise a woman to do when she has loved a man who was unworthy of her?
3. How did the higher noblewoman respond to the the nobleman's question about loving two women at the same time?
4. For the woman, what did being unfaithful damage most?
5. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what did the woman look for a chance to do?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)