|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, How Love May Be Retained, Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the four-stage theory of appropriate development of love, what is the first stage?
(c) Whole person.
2. When the middle class man successfully performed what the author suggested he should do in every conversation with a middle class woman, how did the woman respond?
(a) With no resistance.
(b) With some resistance.
(c) With slight annoyance.
(d) With giggles and sometimes blushing.
3. What accusation about the clergyman nobleman's interest in love did the higher noblewoman make?
(a) That he would always love God more.
(b) That he could never truly give himself to her.
(c) That it was false.
(d) That it was based on passion.
4. For the woman, what did being unfaithful damage most?
(a) Her relationship with God.
(b) Her reputation.
(c) Her character.
(d) Her future relationships.
5. In the four-stage theory of appropriate development of love, to what age group does a woman's ideal man belong?
(b) At least twice her age.
(c) Her own age group.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the five ways to acquire love, what should wise lovers look for to attain a lasting love?
2. In the first dialogue, how did the conversation between the middle class man and the middle class woman begin?
3. How might a man of the middle class convince a woman of nobility that they should enter into a romantic relationship?
4. Throughout the conversation, the woman spoke repeatedly about the costs of love. Of what did the man speak repeatedly?
5. What did the nobleman wonder about loving two women at the same time?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)