|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, How Love May Be Retained, Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the man of higher nobility spoke to the woman of higher nobility, of what did he argue that her resistance was an indicator?
(a) Her immaturity.
(b) Her fears of love.
(c) Her derangement.
(d) Her true feelings.
2. What happens when love starts to decline?
(a) It can end quickly.
(b) It dies a slow death.
(c) Feelings of jealousy increase.
(d) Blasphemy against God increases.
3. In the four-stage theory of appropriate development of love, what is the second stage?
(d) Whole person.
4. When the middle class man successfully performed what the author suggested he should do in every conversation with a middle class woman, how did the woman respond?
(a) With giggles and sometimes blushing.
(b) With slight annoyance.
(c) With some resistance.
(d) With no resistance.
5. When the man of higher nobility spoke to the woman of higher nobility and she grew tired of their conversation and insisted that it should end, how did the nobleman respond?
(a) That he knew then that they had no future together.
(b) That he would respect her wishes.
(c) That he wanted one last chance to profess his love.
(d) That they had so much more to discuss.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the author's reviews of decisions in love cases, what was the reason in the second case that a man asked his lover if he could embrace another woman?
2. Why did the woman of higher nobility reprove the nobleman who was a member of the clergy?
3. When the man of higher nobility spoke to a woman of higher nobility, what concerns about the nature of love did the woman express?
4. According to the author, what effect did leaving the Catholic Church have on lovers?
5. What does blasphemy against God do to love?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)