|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
(a) To have a swig of scotch.
(b) To speak to one of the monitors.
(c) To lead the way to the Pentagon.
(d) To just go home.
2. Which of the following is not a reason Mailer gives for a person's opposition to the War in Chapter 7?
(a) He is a pacifist.
(b) He is afraid of the draft.
(c) He believes it is an unjust war.
(d) He has Communist sympathies.
3. At the end of Chapter 4, between which two individuals does a tension develop?
(a) de Grazia and Kunstler.
(b) Rubin and Dellinger.
(c) Van Cleve and de Grazia.
(d) Dellinger and Goodman.
4. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
(a) The New York Dolls.
(b) The Fugs.
(c) The Band.
(d) The Magic Tramps.
5. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
(a) He looks about confused.
(b) He is enthralled.
(c) He quickly loses interest.
(d) He is embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, how long has the crown been waiting to march?
2. How does Mailer plead at his lawyer's suggestion?
3. How many days in jail is Mailer sentenced to in Chapter 9?
4. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)