|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mailer worried about missing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Lowell's party.
(d) His medication time.
2. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
(a) The "Nazi."
(b) The freedom fighter.
(c) Walter Teague.
3. What game does Mailer play with a cellmate to pass the time in Chapter 5?
(a) 20 questions.
(d) Gin rummy.
4. Which of Mailer's writer friends is present in the Volkswagen with him in Chapter 2?
(a) Dwight Macdonald.
(b) Paul Goodman.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) None of them.
5. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
(a) It physically accosts MP's.
(b) It lies prostrate on the lot of the Pentagon.
(c) It throws malatov cocktails.
(d) It throws eggs at departing Pentagon officials' cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. At the end of Chapter 4, between which two individuals does a tension develop?
3. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's assessment of the mistake the Revolutionary Contingent made during the march?
4. In Chapter 6, Mailer acknowledges that what was present on both sides of the line at the Pentagon?
5. Which of the following is not an area that the attorney of Chapter 4 gets permission for protest activity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Norman Mailer's arrest in Chapter 6?
2. Describe the scene in Occaquan at the beginning of Chapter 6.
3. In the detain room in Chapter 3, what strikes Mailer about the people around him?
4. What do the MP's and the marchers have in common, according to Mailer in Chapter 6?
5. What fracas does Mailer get into in Chapter 2?
6. How does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested at the end of Chapter 5?
7. Why is the Vietnam War fought, according to Mailer in Chapter 7?
8. What reasons does Mailer list in Chapter 7 for people to be against the war?
9. Describe the more extreme voices in the march planning as discussed in Chapter 5.
10. What permits does the Mobilization Committee get in Chapter 4?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)