|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
(a) To just go home.
(b) To speak to one of the monitors.
(c) To lead the way to the Pentagon.
(d) To have a swig of scotch.
2. In Chapter 6, Mailer acknowledges that what was present on both sides of the line at the Pentagon?
3. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's assessment of the mistake the Revolutionary Contingent made during the march?
(a) It lacked a clear system of communication.
(b) It acted too soon.
(c) It was too spread out.
(d) It was poorly armed.
4. What type of overtones are part of Mailer's speech in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The band stops playing.
(b) Mitch Goodman signals him.
(c) The afternoon is getting late.
(d) People begin fleeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
3. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
4. Which of the following militant groups chooses to sit and hold their ground at the March?
5. How does Mailer signal that he wants to be arrested at the beginning of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Fugs do at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
2. Describe the mood of the crown in the beginning of Chapter 4.
3. What conclusion does Mailer draw from two articles at the end of Chapter 6?
4. What train of people following the the march in Chapter 4?
5. What bad news greets Mailer when he returns to New York in Chapter 11?
6. In the detain room in Chapter 3, what strikes Mailer about the people around him?
7. What comic episode happens when Mailer is getting changed for his arraignment in Chapter 8?
8. How does Mailer think about his family in Chapter 5?
9. What fracas does Mailer get into in Chapter 2?
10. What do the MP's and the marchers have in common, according to Mailer in Chapter 6?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)