|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of overtones are part of Mailer's speech in Chapter 10?
2. Counting his current one, how many wives has Mailer had?
3. What left-wing attorney does the Mobilization Committee meet with in Chapter 4?
(c) de Grazia.
(d) Van Cleve.
4. In Chapter 3, what city does the Steering Committee meet in?
(a) New York.
5. Which of the following militant groups chooses to sit and hold their ground at the March?
(a) The Black Panthers.
(b) The Weathermen.
(d) The Symbionese Liberation Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month is the March held?
2. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
3. Which New York-based journalist is quoted at the end of Chapter 6?
4. Which of the following is not a reason Mailer gives for a person's opposition to the War in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dick Fontaine figure into the events of this section?
2. What bad news greets Mailer when he returns to New York in Chapter 11?
3. What train of people following the the march in Chapter 4?
4. What conclusion does Mailer draw from two articles at the end of Chapter 6?
5. What reasons does Mailer list in Chapter 7 for people to be against the war?
6. What do the Fugs do at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
7. How does Dellinger go about planning the march in Chapters 2 and 3?
8. What do the MP's and the marchers have in common, according to Mailer in Chapter 6?
9. What fracas does Mailer get into in Chapter 2?
10. Describe the more extreme voices in the march planning as discussed in Chapter 5.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)