|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Counting his current one, how many wives has Mailer had?
2. Which of the following militant groups chooses to sit and hold their ground at the March?
(a) The Symbionese Liberation Army.
(b) The Weathermen.
(d) The Black Panthers.
3. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
(a) Cars driving slowly past the march.
(b) Helicopters flying overhead.
(c) Police beating riot shields.
(d) Reporters vying for the best shots.
4. At the end of Chapter 4, between which two individuals does a tension develop?
(a) Rubin and Dellinger.
(b) de Grazia and Kunstler.
(c) Dellinger and Goodman.
(d) Van Cleve and de Grazia.
5. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) Murray Hill.
(c) Hell's Kitchen.
(d) Upper East Side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
2. What Communist leader's writings is Walter Teague teaching in Chapter 6?
3. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What city is Mailer in at the end of this section?
5. How is Mailer dressed for court in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What metaphor does Mailer draw to the Pentagon in Chapter 4?
2. How does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What conclusion does Mailer draw from two articles at the end of Chapter 6?
4. What do the Fugs do at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
5. Describe the several movements the arrested marchers have to make in this section?
6. Describe the mood of the crown in the beginning of Chapter 4.
7. What comic episode happens when Mailer is getting changed for his arraignment in Chapter 8?
8. What reasons does Mailer list in Chapter 7 for people to be against the war?
9. Describe the more extreme voices in the march planning as discussed in Chapter 5.
10. Why is the Vietnam War fought, according to Mailer in Chapter 7?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)