|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer tell Fontain about his arrest in Chapter 1?
(a) It was done correctly.
(b) It is unjust.
(c) It is not the first time he has been in handcuffs.
(d) It will not stop the cause.
2. Why did march planning committee visit the Pentagon numerous times before the march?
(a) To speak with security there.
(b) To gauge police coverage in the lots.
(c) To take pictures for promotional materials.
(d) To choose the best side to approach.
3. At the end of Chapter 4, between which two individuals does a tension develop?
(a) Van Cleve and de Grazia.
(b) Rubin and Dellinger.
(c) de Grazia and Kunstler.
(d) Dellinger and Goodman.
4. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
(a) He has been uncooperative throughout.
(b) He is a consistent violator of the law.
(c) He is older and more influential.
(d) He was late to court.
5. In Chapter 2, who does Dellinger bring on a Project Manager for the March?
(a) Mitch Goodman.
(b) Jerry Rubin.
(c) Ed de Grazia.
(d) William Kunstler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
2. What state is the MP from?
3. What is Dick Fontaine doing at the march in Chapter 1?
4. Which of Mailer's writer friends is present in the Volkswagen with him in Chapter 2?
5. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the mood of the crown in the beginning of Chapter 4.
2. Describe the several movements the arrested marchers have to make in this section?
3. What bad news greets Mailer when he returns to New York in Chapter 11?
4. How does the tone of the novel shift dramatically at the beginning of Book II?
5. Describe Norman Mailer's arrest in Chapter 6?
6. What do the MP's and the marchers have in common, according to Mailer in Chapter 6?
7. Describe the more extreme voices in the march planning as discussed in Chapter 5.
8. How does Mailer think about his family in Chapter 5?
9. What comic episode happens when Mailer is getting changed for his arraignment in Chapter 8?
10. What do the Fugs do at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)