|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mailer's lawyer in Chapter 9?
(b) de Grazia.
2. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
(a) A school in Baltimore.
(b) A post office in Alexandria.
(c) A bus depot in Brookland.
(d) A police station in Bethesda.
3. What is Donald Kalish's profession?
(a) He is a news reporter.
(b) He is a professor.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a priest.
4. What Communist leader's writings is Walter Teague teaching in Chapter 6?
5. Counting his current one, how many wives has Mailer had?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the stated goal of the March, as articulated by the Steering Committee in Chapter 3?
2. From what era of literature does Mailer saying he is drawing a convention in the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What state is the MP from?
4. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's assessment of the mistake the Revolutionary Contingent made during the march?
5. Which of Mailer's writer friends is present in the Volkswagen with him in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What train of people following the the march in Chapter 4?
2. Describe Norman Mailer's arrest in Chapter 6?
3. Why is the Vietnam War fought, according to Mailer in Chapter 7?
4. What fracas does Mailer get into in Chapter 2?
5. How does Mailer think about his family in Chapter 5?
6. What conclusion does Mailer draw from two articles at the end of Chapter 6?
7. What permits does the Mobilization Committee get in Chapter 4?
8. How is the crowd becoming unruly in Chapter 4?
9. How does the tone of the novel shift dramatically at the beginning of Book II?
10. What do the MP's and the marchers have in common, according to Mailer in Chapter 6?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)