|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
(a) Where the best shade is.
(b) What Mitch Goodman is.
(c) WHich set of camera's is CBS.
(d) The best way to get arrested.
2. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
(a) It lies prostrate on the lot of the Pentagon.
(b) It throws malatov cocktails.
(c) It physically accosts MP's.
(d) It throws eggs at departing Pentagon officials' cars.
3. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) They will probably be released.
(b) The march successfully invaded the Pentagon.
(c) Lowell and Macdonald will be in the next group.
(d) They will be fed soon.
4. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
(a) Upper East Side.
(b) Greenwich Village.
(c) Hell's Kitchen.
(d) Murray Hill.
5. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
(a) He was late to court.
(b) He is a consistent violator of the law.
(c) He has been uncooperative throughout.
(d) He is older and more influential.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is the "Nazi" who antagonizes Mailer in Chapter 2?
2. Which writer does Mailer think he is a stand-in for the young people in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 4, to what does Mailer compare the people on the bus?
4. At what time in Chapter 8 does Teague begin his lectures again?
5. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fracas does Mailer get into in Chapter 2?
2. How does Mailer fair in court in Chapter 9?
3. In the detain room in Chapter 3, what strikes Mailer about the people around him?
4. What bad news greets Mailer when he returns to New York in Chapter 11?
5. How does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested at the end of Chapter 5?
6. Describe the several movements the arrested marchers have to make in this section?
7. What train of people following the the march in Chapter 4?
8. Describe Norman Mailer's arrest in Chapter 6?
9. What reasons does Mailer list in Chapter 7 for people to be against the war?
10. What permits does the Mobilization Committee get in Chapter 4?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)