|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer begin working on in Occaquan in Chapter 7?
(a) An open letter to the papers.
(b) His speech upon release.
(c) A rebuttal to Teague's ideology.
(d) An outline for a new novel.
2. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
(a) Bloodshed and madness.
(b) Marx and Smith.
(c) Money and power.
(d) Technology and commercialism.
3. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
(a) The best way to get arrested.
(b) Where the best shade is.
(c) What Mitch Goodman is.
(d) WHich set of camera's is CBS.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, how long has the crown been waiting to march?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) About one hour.
(c) Several hours.
(d) Half an hour.
5. To what ancient monument does Mailer compare the Pentagon in Chapter 4?
(a) The Pyramids.
(b) The Tower of Babel.
(c) The Colloseum.
(d) The Great Wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mailer's lawyer in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
3. At what time in Chapter 8 does Teague begin his lectures again?
4. From what era of literature does Mailer saying he is drawing a convention in the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. Next to what famous left icon's bunk does Mailer lay down at the end of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What reasons does Mailer list in Chapter 7 for people to be against the war?
3. What do the Fugs do at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
4. Why is the Vietnam War fought, according to Mailer in Chapter 7?
5. How does Mailer think about his family in Chapter 5?
6. How does Mailer fair in court in Chapter 9?
7. How does the tone of the novel shift dramatically at the beginning of Book II?
8. Describe the scene in Occaquan at the beginning of Chapter 6.
9. What do the MP's and the marchers have in common, according to Mailer in Chapter 6?
10. Describe the several movements the arrested marchers have to make in this section?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)