|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's assessment of the mistake the Revolutionary Contingent made during the march?
(a) It lacked a clear system of communication.
(b) It was poorly armed.
(c) It acted too soon.
(d) It was too spread out.
2. What city is Mailer in at the end of this section?
(b) Washington, DC.
(d) New York.
3. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
(a) The Critic.
(b) The Journalist.
(c) The Poet.
(d) The Novelist.
4. How does Mailer describe the MP's face at the end of Chapter 1?
5. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
(a) He is enthralled.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He looks about confused.
(d) He quickly loses interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character introduced in this section has been arrested 9 times at protests?
2. In Chapter 1 of Book II, to whom does the "writer" pass the baton?
3. To what does Mailer compare the MP's on the bus in Chapter 4?
4. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
5. How is Mailer dressed for court in Chapter 9?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)