|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what city does the Steering Committee meet in?
(b) New York.
2. What does Mailer begin working on in Occaquan in Chapter 7?
(a) His speech upon release.
(b) An outline for a new novel.
(c) An open letter to the papers.
(d) A rebuttal to Teague's ideology.
3. How does Mailer describe the MP's face at the end of Chapter 1?
4. Which New York-based journalist is quoted at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Jimmy Breslin.
(b) Frank Rich.
(c) Truman Capote.
(d) Pauline Kael.
5. At the end of Chapter 4, between which two individuals does a tension develop?
(a) Rubin and Dellinger.
(b) Dellinger and Goodman.
(c) Van Cleve and de Grazia.
(d) de Grazia and Kunstler.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's assessment of the mistake the Revolutionary Contingent made during the march?
3. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
4. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
5. At what time in Chapter 8 does Teague begin his lectures again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dick Fontaine figure into the events of this section?
2. How does Mailer think about his family in Chapter 5?
3. How does Mailer fair in court in Chapter 9?
4. What bad news greets Mailer when he returns to New York in Chapter 11?
5. What fracas does Mailer get into in Chapter 2?
6. What conclusion does Mailer draw from two articles at the end of Chapter 6?
7. Why is the Vietnam War fought, according to Mailer in Chapter 7?
8. How is the crowd becoming unruly in Chapter 4?
9. Describe Norman Mailer's arrest in Chapter 6?
10. How does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)