|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what era of literature does Mailer saying he is drawing a convention in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) The Victorian Era.
(b) The Neoclassical Era.
(c) The Modernist Era.
(d) The Romantic Era.
2. In Chapter 2, who does Dellinger bring on a Project Manager for the March?
(a) Mitch Goodman.
(b) Jerry Rubin.
(c) William Kunstler.
(d) Ed de Grazia.
3. How does Mailer describe the MP's face at the end of Chapter 1?
4. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. At what time in Chapter 8 does Teague begin his lectures again?
(a) 4 PM.
(b) 12 PM.
(c) 5 AM.
(d) 8 AM.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 4, to what does Mailer compare the people on the bus?
3. What does Mailer begin working on in Occaquan in Chapter 7?
4. What type of quasi-religious ceremony does the music group perform in Chapter 5?
5. To what does Mailer compare the MP's on the bus in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the several movements the arrested marchers have to make in this section?
2. What fracas does Mailer get into in Chapter 2?
3. Describe Norman Mailer's arrest in Chapter 6?
4. Describe the scene in Occaquan at the beginning of Chapter 6.
5. In the detain room in Chapter 3, what strikes Mailer about the people around him?
6. How does Mailer fair in court in Chapter 9?
7. How does Mailer think about his family in Chapter 5?
8. What conclusion does Mailer draw from two articles at the end of Chapter 6?
9. How does Dick Fontaine figure into the events of this section?
10. How is the crowd becoming unruly in Chapter 4?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)