|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of overtones are part of Mailer's speech in Chapter 10?
2. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) If Robert Lowell was arrested.
(b) If they will have to serve time.
(c) What the coverage of the march will highlight.
(d) Whether they will have to spend the night in jail.
3. What game does Mailer play with a cellmate to pass the time in Chapter 5?
(a) 20 questions.
(b) Gin rummy.
4. Which of Mailer's writer friends is present in the Volkswagen with him in Chapter 2?
(a) Dwight Macdonald.
(b) None of them.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Paul Goodman.
5. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) He is giving a television interview.
(b) He is being arrested.
(c) He is lying on the ground after being maced.
(d) He is sleeping under a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mailer's lawyer in Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 5, who goes to sleep in the cell with Mailer?
3. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
4. At what time in Chapter 8 does Teague begin his lectures again?
5. Which New York-based journalist is quoted at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)