|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's assessment of the mistake the Revolutionary Contingent made during the march?
(a) It acted too soon.
(b) It lacked a clear system of communication.
(c) It was poorly armed.
(d) It was too spread out.
2. To what ancient monument does Mailer compare the Pentagon in Chapter 4?
(a) The Colloseum.
(b) The Tower of Babel.
(c) The Great Wall.
(d) The Pyramids.
3. What sources are reviewed through much of Chapter 5?
(a) Accounting statements.
(b) Mobilization Committee minutes.
(c) Newspaper articles.
(d) Dellinger's journals.
4. What does Mailer tell Fontain about his arrest in Chapter 1?
(a) It was done correctly.
(b) It is not the first time he has been in handcuffs.
(c) It is unjust.
(d) It will not stop the cause.
5. Which of the following is not an area that the attorney of Chapter 4 gets permission for protest activity?
(a) The road leading to the Pentagon.
(b) The north lot of the Pentagon.
(c) The Washington Monument.
(d) The Lincoln Memorial.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what city does the Steering Committee meet in?
2. What does Mailer begin working on in Occaquan in Chapter 7?
3. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
4. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
5. What is Dick Fontaine doing at the march in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the mood of the crown in the beginning of Chapter 4.
2. What metaphor does Mailer draw to the Pentagon in Chapter 4?
3. Why is the Vietnam War fought, according to Mailer in Chapter 7?
4. How is the crowd becoming unruly in Chapter 4?
5. What reasons does Mailer list in Chapter 7 for people to be against the war?
6. How does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested at the end of Chapter 5?
7. What bad news greets Mailer when he returns to New York in Chapter 11?
8. Describe the scene in Occaquan at the beginning of Chapter 6.
9. Describe the more extreme voices in the march planning as discussed in Chapter 5.
10. How does Dick Fontaine figure into the events of this section?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)