|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what ancient monument does Mailer compare the Pentagon in Chapter 4?
(a) The Colloseum.
(b) The Great Wall.
(c) The Tower of Babel.
(d) The Pyramids.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, how long has the crown been waiting to march?
(a) About one hour.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) Several hours.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
3. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
(a) The Black Panthers.
(b) Televisions crews.
(c) The police.
(d) Noam Chomsky.
4. Who is waiting her Mailer when he arrives at booking in Occoquan at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A hired driver and car to the airport.
(b) His documentary crew.
(c) Mitch Goodman.
(d) His wife.
5. In Chapter 5, who goes to sleep in the cell with Mailer?
(a) Walter Teague.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) The Hungarian freedom fighter.
(d) John Doyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
2. How many marchers does the New York Times suggest will be at the Pentagon protest in Chapter 5?
3. What is the stated goal of the March, as articulated by the Steering Committee in Chapter 3?
4. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. From what era of literature does Mailer saying he is drawing a convention in the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comic episode happens when Mailer is getting changed for his arraignment in Chapter 8?
2. How does Dick Fontaine figure into the events of this section?
3. How does Dellinger go about planning the march in Chapters 2 and 3?
4. Describe the several movements the arrested marchers have to make in this section?
5. What conclusion does Mailer draw from two articles at the end of Chapter 6?
6. How is the crowd becoming unruly in Chapter 4?
7. How does Mailer think about his family in Chapter 5?
8. What metaphor does Mailer draw to the Pentagon in Chapter 4?
9. How does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested at the end of Chapter 5?
10. What do the Fugs do at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)