|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The band stops playing.
(b) Mitch Goodman signals him.
(c) People begin fleeing.
(d) The afternoon is getting late.
2. Who paid the $65,000 required to fund the march?
(a) Supportive churches.
(b) Several wealthy donors.
(c) The participating groups.
(d) The Democratic party.
3. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) He is giving a television interview.
(b) He is sleeping under a tree.
(c) He is lying on the ground after being maced.
(d) He is being arrested.
4. In Chapter 1 of Book II, to whom does the "writer" pass the baton?
(a) The revolutionary.
(b) The historian.
(c) The essayist.
(d) The journalist.
5. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
(a) The Magic Tramps.
(b) The New York Dolls.
(c) The Fugs.
(d) The Band.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
2. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
3. In Chapter 2, who does Dellinger bring on a Project Manager for the March?
4. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
5. What left-wing attorney does the Mobilization Committee meet with in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the MP's and the marchers have in common, according to Mailer in Chapter 6?
2. What do the Fugs do at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
3. What bad news greets Mailer when he returns to New York in Chapter 11?
4. Describe the scene in Occaquan at the beginning of Chapter 6.
5. How does Mailer think about his family in Chapter 5?
6. What reasons does Mailer list in Chapter 7 for people to be against the war?
7. How does Dick Fontaine figure into the events of this section?
8. Why is the Vietnam War fought, according to Mailer in Chapter 7?
9. What conclusion does Mailer draw from two articles at the end of Chapter 6?
10. What permits does the Mobilization Committee get in Chapter 4?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)