|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
(a) The emcee role for the evening.
(b) The telling of a story from their time in Madrid.
(c) The key to his hotel room.
(d) His drink.
2. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) de Grazia.
3. What does Mailer intimate about his drinking the night before Chapter 1?
(a) He became belligerent toward his fellow writers.
(b) He blacked out.
(c) He did not get very drunk.
(d) He abstained from all alcohol.
4. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
(b) The military.
(d) The south of Mexico
5. Which of the following men is not quoted by Mailer is having advocated sensory adjudication in Chapter 2?
(a) John O'Hara.
(b) Leo Tolstoy.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Thomas Aquinis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
2. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
4. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
5. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bad news greets Mailer when he returns to New York in Chapter 11?
2. How do Ed de Grazia and Mailer scuffle in Chapter 5?
3. What do the Fugs do at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
4. Why is Dwight Macdonald livid about the newspaper coverage of the Ambassador event in Chapter 3?
5. Describe the performance space of this section.
6. Describe Mailer's attitude toward the young marchers in the novel.
7. How is Mailer received after Lowell in Chapter 6?
8. Describe Norman Mailer as a character.
9. How does Mailer annoy Ed de Grazia in Chapter 4?
10. How do the newspapers in Chapter 10 cover the Pentagon March?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)