|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Mailer's writer friends is present in the Volkswagen with him in Chapter 2?
(a) Dwight Macdonald.
(b) None of them.
(c) Paul Goodman.
(d) Robert Lowell.
2. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
(a) Cars driving slowly past the march.
(b) Police beating riot shields.
(c) Helicopters flying overhead.
(d) Reporters vying for the best shots.
3. What nationality is the "Nazi" who antagonizes Mailer in Chapter 2?
4. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) They will be fed soon.
(b) They will probably be released.
(c) Lowell and Macdonald will be in the next group.
(d) The march successfully invaded the Pentagon.
5. What state is the MP from?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) West Virginia.
6. Who is waiting her Mailer when he arrives at booking in Occoquan at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Mitch Goodman.
(b) His wife.
(c) A hired driver and car to the airport.
(d) His documentary crew.
7. Which of the following militant groups chooses to sit and hold their ground at the March?
(a) The Symbionese Liberation Army.
(b) The Black Panthers.
(d) The Weathermen.
8. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
(a) It lies prostrate on the lot of the Pentagon.
(b) It throws malatov cocktails.
(c) It throws eggs at departing Pentagon officials' cars.
(d) It physically accosts MP's.
9. In Chapter 2, who does Dellinger bring on a Project Manager for the March?
(a) William Kunstler.
(b) Ed de Grazia.
(c) Jerry Rubin.
(d) Mitch Goodman.
10. What Communist leader's writings is Walter Teague teaching in Chapter 6?
11. What city is Mailer in at the end of this section?
(b) New York.
(c) Washington, DC.
12. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
(a) Upper East Side.
(b) Greenwich Village.
(c) Hell's Kitchen.
(d) Murray Hill.
13. What type of quasi-religious ceremony does the music group perform in Chapter 5?
(a) A baptism.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A laying-on of hands.
(d) An exorcism.
14. Which of the following is not a reason Mailer gives for a person's opposition to the War in Chapter 7?
(a) He is afraid of the draft.
(b) He has Communist sympathies.
(c) He believes it is an unjust war.
(d) He is a pacifist.
15. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What left-wing attorney does the Mobilization Committee meet with in Chapter 4?
2. How does Mailer describe the MP's face at the end of Chapter 1?
3. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
4. Which writer does Mailer think he is a stand-in for the young people in Chapter 7?
5. What does Mailer begin working on in Occaquan in Chapter 7?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)