|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
(a) The "Nazi."
(c) The freedom fighter.
(d) Walter Teague.
2. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's assessment of the mistake the Revolutionary Contingent made during the march?
(a) It acted too soon.
(b) It was too spread out.
(c) It was poorly armed.
(d) It lacked a clear system of communication.
3. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
(a) It lies prostrate on the lot of the Pentagon.
(b) It throws eggs at departing Pentagon officials' cars.
(c) It physically accosts MP's.
(d) It throws malatov cocktails.
4. What word does Mailer use to describe supporters of the ear in Chapter 7?
5. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
6. How does Mailer signal that he wants to be arrested at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) He lays prostrate on the ground.
(b) He punches an MP.
(c) He crosses a rope line.
(d) He throws a can at a police cruiser.
7. According to Mailer in Chapter 5, how big is the praking lot tot he Pentagon?
(a) As big as the Pentagon itself.
(b) Slightly smaller than the central mall.
(c) The size of 5 football fields.
(d) The size of a grocery store's parking lot.
8. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
(a) A police station in Bethesda.
(b) A school in Baltimore.
(c) A bus depot in Brookland.
(d) A post office in Alexandria.
9. What does Mailer begin working on in Occaquan in Chapter 7?
(a) An open letter to the papers.
(b) His speech upon release.
(c) A rebuttal to Teague's ideology.
(d) An outline for a new novel.
10. To what ancient monument does Mailer compare the Pentagon in Chapter 4?
(a) The Pyramids.
(b) The Colloseum.
(c) The Tower of Babel.
(d) The Great Wall.
11. What city is Mailer in at the end of this section?
(a) New York.
(d) Washington, DC.
12. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) People begin fleeing.
(b) Mitch Goodman signals him.
(c) The afternoon is getting late.
(d) The band stops playing.
13. What does Mailer tell Fontain about his arrest in Chapter 1?
(a) It was done correctly.
(b) It will not stop the cause.
(c) It is not the first time he has been in handcuffs.
(d) It is unjust.
14. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
(a) Hell's Kitchen.
(b) Upper East Side.
(c) Murray Hill.
(d) Greenwich Village.
15. Which character introduced in this section has been arrested 9 times at protests?
(a) John Boyle.
(b) The Hungarian freedom fighter.
(c) Walter Teague.
(d) The "nazi."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many marchers does the New York Times suggest will be at the Pentagon protest in Chapter 5?
2. What is Mailer worried about missing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
4. Who is waiting her Mailer when he arrives at booking in Occoquan at the end of Chapter 5?
5. Which of the following militant groups chooses to sit and hold their ground at the March?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)