|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
2. Which of the following is not an area that the attorney of Chapter 4 gets permission for protest activity?
(a) The road leading to the Pentagon.
(b) The Washington Monument.
(c) The Lincoln Memorial.
(d) The north lot of the Pentagon.
3. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
(a) Televisions crews.
(b) The Black Panthers.
(c) The police.
(d) Noam Chomsky.
4. At the end of Chapter 4, between which two individuals does a tension develop?
(a) Dellinger and Goodman.
(b) Rubin and Dellinger.
(c) Van Cleve and de Grazia.
(d) de Grazia and Kunstler.
5. Who is waiting her Mailer when he arrives at booking in Occoquan at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) His wife.
(b) Mitch Goodman.
(c) His documentary crew.
(d) A hired driver and car to the airport.
6. Which character introduced in this section has been arrested 9 times at protests?
(a) The Hungarian freedom fighter.
(b) The "nazi."
(c) Walter Teague.
(d) John Boyle.
7. In Chapter 3, what city does the Steering Committee meet in?
(d) New York.
8. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
(a) He has been uncooperative throughout.
(b) He is older and more influential.
(c) He was late to court.
(d) He is a consistent violator of the law.
9. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) They will probably be released.
(b) They will be fed soon.
(c) Lowell and Macdonald will be in the next group.
(d) The march successfully invaded the Pentagon.
10. Which of the following is not a reason Mailer gives for a person's opposition to the War in Chapter 7?
(a) He believes it is an unjust war.
(b) He is a pacifist.
(c) He has Communist sympathies.
(d) He is afraid of the draft.
11. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) He is giving a television interview.
(b) He is being arrested.
(c) He is lying on the ground after being maced.
(d) He is sleeping under a tree.
12. What is Dick Fontaine doing at the march in Chapter 1?
(a) Dispersing masks for tear gas.
(b) Providing legal support.
(c) Filming Mailer.
(d) Playing guitar.
13. Why did march planning committee visit the Pentagon numerous times before the march?
(a) To speak with security there.
(b) To choose the best side to approach.
(c) To take pictures for promotional materials.
(d) To gauge police coverage in the lots.
14. What sources are reviewed through much of Chapter 5?
(a) Newspaper articles.
(b) Accounting statements.
(c) Dellinger's journals.
(d) Mobilization Committee minutes.
15. How does Mailer plead at his lawyer's suggestion?
(a) No contest.
(c) He refuses to acknowledge the legitimacy of the court.
(d) Not guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Donald Kalish's profession?
2. To what does Mailer compare the MP's on the bus in Chapter 4?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, how long has the crown been waiting to march?
4. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
5. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)