|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting her Mailer when he arrives at booking in Occoquan at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) His documentary crew.
(b) A hired driver and car to the airport.
(c) Mitch Goodman.
(d) His wife.
2. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
(a) The Deer Park.
(b) The Naked and the Dead.
(c) The White Negro.
(d) Why Are We in Vietnam?
3. How is Mailer dressed for court in Chapter 9?
(a) He is naked.
(b) A tee shirt and jeans.
(c) A dashiki.
(d) A vest, tie, and cufflinks.
4. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) The march successfully invaded the Pentagon.
(b) They will probably be released.
(c) Lowell and Macdonald will be in the next group.
(d) They will be fed soon.
5. According to Mailer in Chapter 5, how big is the praking lot tot he Pentagon?
(a) As big as the Pentagon itself.
(b) The size of a grocery store's parking lot.
(c) The size of 5 football fields.
(d) Slightly smaller than the central mall.
6. In Chapter 3, what city does the Steering Committee meet in?
(c) New York.
7. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) If Robert Lowell was arrested.
(b) What the coverage of the march will highlight.
(c) If they will have to serve time.
(d) Whether they will have to spend the night in jail.
8. How does Mailer describe the MP's face at the end of Chapter 1?
9. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
(a) He is enthralled.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He looks about confused.
(d) He quickly loses interest.
10. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) He is lying on the ground after being maced.
(b) He is sleeping under a tree.
(c) He is giving a television interview.
(d) He is being arrested.
11. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's assessment of the mistake the Revolutionary Contingent made during the march?
(a) It lacked a clear system of communication.
(b) It was poorly armed.
(c) It acted too soon.
(d) It was too spread out.
12. How many marchers does the New York Times suggest will be at the Pentagon protest in Chapter 5?
13. What game does Mailer play with a cellmate to pass the time in Chapter 5?
(b) Gin rummy.
(c) 20 questions.
14. Which New York-based journalist is quoted at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Frank Rich.
(b) Jimmy Breslin.
(c) Truman Capote.
(d) Pauline Kael.
15. What does Mailer tell Fontain about his arrest in Chapter 1?
(a) It will not stop the cause.
(b) It is unjust.
(c) It is not the first time he has been in handcuffs.
(d) It was done correctly.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Mailer compare the MP's on the bus in Chapter 4?
2. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
3. Counting his current one, how many wives has Mailer had?
4. In Chapter 4, to what does Mailer compare the people on the bus?
5. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)