|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character introduced in this section has been arrested 9 times at protests?
(a) John Boyle.
(b) The "nazi."
(c) The Hungarian freedom fighter.
(d) Walter Teague.
2. In Chapter 3, what city does the Steering Committee meet in?
(c) New York.
3. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
4. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
(a) WHich set of camera's is CBS.
(b) Where the best shade is.
(c) What Mitch Goodman is.
(d) The best way to get arrested.
5. In Chapter 6, Mailer acknowledges that what was present on both sides of the line at the Pentagon?
6. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
(a) Marx and Smith.
(b) Bloodshed and madness.
(c) Technology and commercialism.
(d) Money and power.
7. Why did march planning committee visit the Pentagon numerous times before the march?
(a) To take pictures for promotional materials.
(b) To choose the best side to approach.
(c) To speak with security there.
(d) To gauge police coverage in the lots.
8. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Whether they will have to spend the night in jail.
(b) If Robert Lowell was arrested.
(c) If they will have to serve time.
(d) What the coverage of the march will highlight.
9. How is Mailer certain the MP in Chapter 6 is not going to hit him?
(a) He is black.
(b) He does not have a club.
(c) His hand is trembling.
(d) He says he is a fan.
10. How does Mailer describe the MP's face at the end of Chapter 1?
11. How does Mailer signal that he wants to be arrested at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) He punches an MP.
(b) He crosses a rope line.
(c) He throws a can at a police cruiser.
(d) He lays prostrate on the ground.
12. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
(a) It throws malatov cocktails.
(b) It lies prostrate on the lot of the Pentagon.
(c) It throws eggs at departing Pentagon officials' cars.
(d) It physically accosts MP's.
13. Counting his current one, how many wives has Mailer had?
14. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
(a) The Critic.
(b) The Journalist.
(c) The Poet.
(d) The Novelist.
15. What is Dick Fontaine doing at the march in Chapter 1?
(a) Playing guitar.
(b) Dispersing masks for tear gas.
(c) Providing legal support.
(d) Filming Mailer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days in jail is Mailer sentenced to in Chapter 9?
2. To what ancient monument does Mailer compare the Pentagon in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 4, to what does Mailer compare the people on the bus?
4. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
5. What sources are reviewed through much of Chapter 5?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)