|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mailer signal that he wants to be arrested at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) He punches an MP.
(b) He lays prostrate on the ground.
(c) He crosses a rope line.
(d) He throws a can at a police cruiser.
2. Next to what famous left icon's bunk does Mailer lay down at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Abbie Hoffman.
(b) Noam Chomsky.
(c) Wavy Gravy.
(d) Dan Berrigan.
3. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
(a) Reporters vying for the best shots.
(b) Police beating riot shields.
(c) Cars driving slowly past the march.
(d) Helicopters flying overhead.
4. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
(a) It physically accosts MP's.
(b) It throws eggs at departing Pentagon officials' cars.
(c) It throws malatov cocktails.
(d) It lies prostrate on the lot of the Pentagon.
5. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's assessment of the mistake the Revolutionary Contingent made during the march?
(a) It acted too soon.
(b) It lacked a clear system of communication.
(c) It was too spread out.
(d) It was poorly armed.
6. Who is waiting her Mailer when he arrives at booking in Occoquan at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Mitch Goodman.
(b) A hired driver and car to the airport.
(c) His wife.
(d) His documentary crew.
7. In Chapter 4, to what does Mailer compare the people on the bus?
(a) A rock band on tour.
(b) A family reunion.
(c) A group of kindergarteners.
(d) A high school sports team.
8. To what ancient monument does Mailer compare the Pentagon in Chapter 4?
(a) The Tower of Babel.
(b) The Pyramids.
(c) The Great Wall.
(d) The Colloseum.
9. Which of Mailer's writer friends is present in the Volkswagen with him in Chapter 2?
(a) Paul Goodman.
(b) Dwight Macdonald.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) None of them.
10. Which of the following is not a reason Mailer gives for a person's opposition to the War in Chapter 7?
(a) He is afraid of the draft.
(b) He believes it is an unjust war.
(c) He is a pacifist.
(d) He has Communist sympathies.
11. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The afternoon is getting late.
(b) People begin fleeing.
(c) The band stops playing.
(d) Mitch Goodman signals him.
12. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
(a) Bloodshed and madness.
(b) Marx and Smith.
(c) Technology and commercialism.
(d) Money and power.
13. How does Mailer describe the MP's face at the end of Chapter 1?
14. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
(a) The Deer Park.
(b) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(c) The Naked and the Dead.
(d) The White Negro.
15. What is Mailer worried about missing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(b) His medication time.
(c) Lowell's party.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time in Chapter 8 does Teague begin his lectures again?
2. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
3. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
4. In Chapter 6, Mailer acknowledges that what was present on both sides of the line at the Pentagon?
5. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)