|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
(a) Technology and commercialism.
(b) Marx and Smith.
(c) Bloodshed and madness.
(d) Money and power.
2. What nationality is the "Nazi" who antagonizes Mailer in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 4, to what does Mailer compare the people on the bus?
(a) A rock band on tour.
(b) A high school sports team.
(c) A family reunion.
(d) A group of kindergarteners.
4. According to Mailer in Chapter 5, how big is the praking lot tot he Pentagon?
(a) Slightly smaller than the central mall.
(b) The size of 5 football fields.
(c) As big as the Pentagon itself.
(d) The size of a grocery store's parking lot.
5. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
(a) The Novelist.
(b) The Poet.
(c) The Journalist.
(d) The Critic.
6. What is Donald Kalish's profession?
(a) He is a priest.
(b) He is a professor.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a news reporter.
7. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
(a) The police.
(b) Noam Chomsky.
(c) The Black Panthers.
(d) Televisions crews.
8. In Chapter 6, Mailer acknowledges that what was present on both sides of the line at the Pentagon?
9. What is the stated goal of the March, as articulated by the Steering Committee in Chapter 3?
(a) To draw attention to the cost of the War.
(b) To end the war in Vietnam.
(c) To shut down the war-making machine.
(d) To raise awareness of illegal bombing in Laos and Cambodia.
10. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
(a) The Band.
(b) The Fugs.
(c) The Magic Tramps.
(d) The New York Dolls.
11. Who is Mailer's lawyer in Chapter 9?
(b) de Grazia.
12. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He looks about confused.
(c) He is enthralled.
(d) He quickly loses interest.
13. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
(a) WHich set of camera's is CBS.
(b) Where the best shade is.
(c) What Mitch Goodman is.
(d) The best way to get arrested.
14. What state is the MP from?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) West Virginia.
15. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mailer plead at his lawyer's suggestion?
2. Why did march planning committee visit the Pentagon numerous times before the march?
3. Who is waiting her Mailer when he arrives at booking in Occoquan at the end of Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 3, what city does the Steering Committee meet in?
5. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)