|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, to what does Mailer compare the people on the bus?
(a) A rock band on tour.
(b) A family reunion.
(c) A group of kindergarteners.
(d) A high school sports team.
2. In Chapter 2, who does Dellinger bring on a Project Manager for the March?
(a) William Kunstler.
(b) Jerry Rubin.
(c) Ed de Grazia.
(d) Mitch Goodman.
3. In Chapter 3, what city does the Steering Committee meet in?
(c) New York.
4. How is Mailer certain the MP in Chapter 6 is not going to hit him?
(a) His hand is trembling.
(b) He says he is a fan.
(c) He does not have a club.
(d) He is black.
5. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
(a) The Novelist.
(b) The Critic.
(c) The Journalist.
(d) The Poet.
6. In Chapter 5, who goes to sleep in the cell with Mailer?
(a) The Hungarian freedom fighter.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) Walter Teague.
(d) John Doyle.
7. What game does Mailer play with a cellmate to pass the time in Chapter 5?
(a) 20 questions.
(d) Gin rummy.
8. What city is Mailer in at the end of this section?
(a) New York.
(d) Washington, DC.
9. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
(a) Helicopters flying overhead.
(b) Police beating riot shields.
(c) Reporters vying for the best shots.
(d) Cars driving slowly past the march.
10. To what ancient monument does Mailer compare the Pentagon in Chapter 4?
(a) The Colloseum.
(b) The Pyramids.
(c) The Tower of Babel.
(d) The Great Wall.
11. Who paid the $65,000 required to fund the march?
(a) The Democratic party.
(b) Several wealthy donors.
(c) Supportive churches.
(d) The participating groups.
12. What type of overtones are part of Mailer's speech in Chapter 10?
13. Which of the following militant groups chooses to sit and hold their ground at the March?
(a) The Black Panthers.
(b) The Symbionese Liberation Army.
(d) The Weathermen.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 4, how long has the crown been waiting to march?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) About one hour.
15. In Chapter 6, Mailer acknowledges that what was present on both sides of the line at the Pentagon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which New York-based journalist is quoted at the end of Chapter 6?
2. What left-wing attorney does the Mobilization Committee meet with in Chapter 4?
3. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
5. What word does Mailer use to describe supporters of the ear in Chapter 7?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)