|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1 of Book II, to whom does the "writer" pass the baton?
(a) The journalist.
(b) The revolutionary.
(c) The historian.
(d) The essayist.
2. Which of Mailer's writer friends is present in the Volkswagen with him in Chapter 2?
(a) None of them.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) Paul Goodman.
(d) Dwight Macdonald.
3. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
(a) To have a swig of scotch.
(b) To lead the way to the Pentagon.
(c) To just go home.
(d) To speak to one of the monitors.
4. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
5. Which writer does Mailer think he is a stand-in for the young people in Chapter 7?
6. What sources are reviewed through much of Chapter 5?
(a) Dellinger's journals.
(b) Accounting statements.
(c) Newspaper articles.
(d) Mobilization Committee minutes.
7. What is Dick Fontaine doing at the march in Chapter 1?
(a) Providing legal support.
(b) Filming Mailer.
(c) Playing guitar.
(d) Dispersing masks for tear gas.
8. To what ancient monument does Mailer compare the Pentagon in Chapter 4?
(a) The Colloseum.
(b) The Great Wall.
(c) The Tower of Babel.
(d) The Pyramids.
9. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
(a) The best way to get arrested.
(b) Where the best shade is.
(c) What Mitch Goodman is.
(d) WHich set of camera's is CBS.
10. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The band stops playing.
(b) People begin fleeing.
(c) The afternoon is getting late.
(d) Mitch Goodman signals him.
11. At what time in Chapter 8 does Teague begin his lectures again?
(a) 8 AM.
(b) 4 PM.
(c) 12 PM.
(d) 5 AM.
12. Which New York-based journalist is quoted at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Truman Capote.
(b) Frank Rich.
(c) Pauline Kael.
(d) Jimmy Breslin.
13. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) If Robert Lowell was arrested.
(b) If they will have to serve time.
(c) Whether they will have to spend the night in jail.
(d) What the coverage of the march will highlight.
14. Which of the following militant groups chooses to sit and hold their ground at the March?
(a) The Symbionese Liberation Army.
(b) The Weathermen.
(c) The Black Panthers.
15. In Chapter 4, to what does Mailer compare the people on the bus?
(a) A group of kindergarteners.
(b) A family reunion.
(c) A high school sports team.
(d) A rock band on tour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
2. What left-wing attorney does the Mobilization Committee meet with in Chapter 4?
3. Who is waiting her Mailer when he arrives at booking in Occoquan at the end of Chapter 5?
4. Which of the following is not an area that the attorney of Chapter 4 gets permission for protest activity?
5. What city is Mailer in at the end of this section?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)