|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did march planning committee visit the Pentagon numerous times before the march?
(a) To choose the best side to approach.
(b) To speak with security there.
(c) To take pictures for promotional materials.
(d) To gauge police coverage in the lots.
2. Which writer does Mailer think he is a stand-in for the young people in Chapter 7?
3. What does Mailer tell Fontain about his arrest in Chapter 1?
(a) It is unjust.
(b) It will not stop the cause.
(c) It is not the first time he has been in handcuffs.
(d) It was done correctly.
4. What state is the MP from?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) West Virginia.
5. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
6. In Chapter 2, who does Dellinger bring on a Project Manager for the March?
(a) Ed de Grazia.
(b) William Kunstler.
(c) Mitch Goodman.
(d) Jerry Rubin.
7. In Chapter 1 of Book II, to whom does the "writer" pass the baton?
(a) The journalist.
(b) The revolutionary.
(c) The essayist.
(d) The historian.
8. Counting his current one, how many wives has Mailer had?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 4, how long has the crown been waiting to march?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Several hours.
(c) About one hour.
(d) Half an hour.
10. How many days in jail is Mailer sentenced to in Chapter 9?
11. What is Donald Kalish's profession?
(a) He is a priest.
(b) He is a professor.
(c) He is a news reporter.
(d) He is a writer.
12. What left-wing attorney does the Mobilization Committee meet with in Chapter 4?
(a) Van Cleve.
(c) de Grazia.
13. How is Mailer dressed for court in Chapter 9?
(a) A tee shirt and jeans.
(b) A dashiki.
(c) A vest, tie, and cufflinks.
(d) He is naked.
14. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) If Robert Lowell was arrested.
(b) If they will have to serve time.
(c) Whether they will have to spend the night in jail.
(d) What the coverage of the march will highlight.
15. What is Dick Fontaine doing at the march in Chapter 1?
(a) Filming Mailer.
(b) Providing legal support.
(c) Dispersing masks for tear gas.
(d) Playing guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mailer describe the MP's face at the end of Chapter 1?
2. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
3. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
4. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
5. At what time in Chapter 8 does Teague begin his lectures again?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)