|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who goes to sleep in the cell with Mailer?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) John Doyle.
(c) The Hungarian freedom fighter.
(d) Walter Teague.
2. What state is the MP from?
(c) West Virginia.
(d) New Jersey.
3. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
(a) Helicopters flying overhead.
(b) Police beating riot shields.
(c) Reporters vying for the best shots.
(d) Cars driving slowly past the march.
4. What Communist leader's writings is Walter Teague teaching in Chapter 6?
5. How is Mailer dressed for court in Chapter 9?
(a) A tee shirt and jeans.
(b) A vest, tie, and cufflinks.
(c) A dashiki.
(d) He is naked.
6. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
(a) A post office in Alexandria.
(b) A school in Baltimore.
(c) A police station in Bethesda.
(d) A bus depot in Brookland.
7. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
(b) The "Nazi."
(c) The freedom fighter.
(d) Walter Teague.
8. What left-wing attorney does the Mobilization Committee meet with in Chapter 4?
(c) Van Cleve.
(d) de Grazia.
9. What sources are reviewed through much of Chapter 5?
(a) Accounting statements.
(b) Dellinger's journals.
(c) Mobilization Committee minutes.
(d) Newspaper articles.
10. What is the highest estimate given in Chapter 5 for the number of marchers who may attend?
11. In Chapter 1 of Book II, to whom does the "writer" pass the baton?
(a) The revolutionary.
(b) The journalist.
(c) The historian.
(d) The essayist.
12. What does Mailer tell Fontain about his arrest in Chapter 1?
(a) It is not the first time he has been in handcuffs.
(b) It will not stop the cause.
(c) It was done correctly.
(d) It is unjust.
13. At the beginning of Chapter 4, how long has the crown been waiting to march?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) About one hour.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Several hours.
14. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
(a) He quickly loses interest.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He is enthralled.
(d) He looks about confused.
15. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
(a) To have a swig of scotch.
(b) To lead the way to the Pentagon.
(c) To speak to one of the monitors.
(d) To just go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of overtones are part of Mailer's speech in Chapter 10?
2. In Chapter 2, who does Dellinger bring on a Project Manager for the March?
3. Why did march planning committee visit the Pentagon numerous times before the march?
4. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
5. According to Mailer in Chapter 5, how big is the praking lot tot he Pentagon?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)