|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of quasi-religious ceremony does the music group perform in Chapter 5?
(a) A baptism.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A laying-on of hands.
(d) An exorcism.
2. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
(a) What Mitch Goodman is.
(b) The best way to get arrested.
(c) WHich set of camera's is CBS.
(d) Where the best shade is.
3. How is Mailer dressed for court in Chapter 9?
(a) A vest, tie, and cufflinks.
(b) He is naked.
(c) A tee shirt and jeans.
(d) A dashiki.
4. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
(a) The freedom fighter.
(b) The "Nazi."
(d) Walter Teague.
5. Who is Mailer's lawyer in Chapter 9?
(c) de Grazia.
6. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
(a) A police station in Bethesda.
(b) A bus depot in Brookland.
(c) A school in Baltimore.
(d) A post office in Alexandria.
7. From what era of literature does Mailer saying he is drawing a convention in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) The Modernist Era.
(b) The Romantic Era.
(c) The Victorian Era.
(d) The Neoclassical Era.
8. Which character introduced in this section has been arrested 9 times at protests?
(a) Walter Teague.
(b) The "nazi."
(c) The Hungarian freedom fighter.
(d) John Boyle.
9. What Communist leader's writings is Walter Teague teaching in Chapter 6?
10. In Chapter 1 of Book II, to whom does the "writer" pass the baton?
(a) The essayist.
(b) The historian.
(c) The revolutionary.
(d) The journalist.
11. According to Mailer in Chapter 5, how big is the praking lot tot he Pentagon?
(a) The size of a grocery store's parking lot.
(b) The size of 5 football fields.
(c) Slightly smaller than the central mall.
(d) As big as the Pentagon itself.
12. Counting his current one, how many wives has Mailer had?
13. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's assessment of the mistake the Revolutionary Contingent made during the march?
(a) It was too spread out.
(b) It acted too soon.
(c) It lacked a clear system of communication.
(d) It was poorly armed.
14. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Lowell and Macdonald will be in the next group.
(b) They will be fed soon.
(c) The march successfully invaded the Pentagon.
(d) They will probably be released.
15. Next to what famous left icon's bunk does Mailer lay down at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Noam Chomsky.
(b) Wavy Gravy.
(c) Abbie Hoffman.
(d) Dan Berrigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
2. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
3. What sources are reviewed through much of Chapter 5?
4. What is Dick Fontaine doing at the march in Chapter 1?
5. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)