|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting her Mailer when he arrives at booking in Occoquan at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Mitch Goodman.
(b) His wife.
(c) A hired driver and car to the airport.
(d) His documentary crew.
2. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
(a) The "Nazi."
(c) The freedom fighter.
(d) Walter Teague.
3. What nationality is the "Nazi" who antagonizes Mailer in Chapter 2?
4. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
(a) The Band.
(b) The Magic Tramps.
(c) The Fugs.
(d) The New York Dolls.
5. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The band stops playing.
(b) Mitch Goodman signals him.
(c) People begin fleeing.
(d) The afternoon is getting late.
6. Why did march planning committee visit the Pentagon numerous times before the march?
(a) To gauge police coverage in the lots.
(b) To take pictures for promotional materials.
(c) To choose the best side to approach.
(d) To speak with security there.
7. What game does Mailer play with a cellmate to pass the time in Chapter 5?
(c) Gin rummy.
(d) 20 questions.
8. How is Mailer certain the MP in Chapter 6 is not going to hit him?
(a) He does not have a club.
(b) He says he is a fan.
(c) He is black.
(d) His hand is trembling.
9. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
(a) Reporters vying for the best shots.
(b) Police beating riot shields.
(c) Cars driving slowly past the march.
(d) Helicopters flying overhead.
10. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
(a) It physically accosts MP's.
(b) It lies prostrate on the lot of the Pentagon.
(c) It throws malatov cocktails.
(d) It throws eggs at departing Pentagon officials' cars.
11. Next to what famous left icon's bunk does Mailer lay down at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Dan Berrigan.
(b) Wavy Gravy.
(c) Noam Chomsky.
(d) Abbie Hoffman.
12. What is the highest estimate given in Chapter 5 for the number of marchers who may attend?
13. Which character introduced in this section has been arrested 9 times at protests?
(a) Walter Teague.
(b) The Hungarian freedom fighter.
(c) John Boyle.
(d) The "nazi."
14. What city is Mailer in at the end of this section?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington, DC.
15. What is Mailer worried about missing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Lowell's party.
(c) His medication time.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
2. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's assessment of the mistake the Revolutionary Contingent made during the march?
4. Which of Mailer's writer friends is present in the Volkswagen with him in Chapter 2?
5. How does Mailer plead at his lawyer's suggestion?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)