|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
(a) He quickly loses interest.
(b) He is enthralled.
(c) He looks about confused.
(d) He is embarrassed.
2. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
(a) Walter Teague.
(c) The "Nazi."
(d) The freedom fighter.
3. Which of the following is not a reason Mailer gives for a person's opposition to the War in Chapter 7?
(a) He is afraid of the draft.
(b) He believes it is an unjust war.
(c) He has Communist sympathies.
(d) He is a pacifist.
4. Why did march planning committee visit the Pentagon numerous times before the march?
(a) To choose the best side to approach.
(b) To gauge police coverage in the lots.
(c) To take pictures for promotional materials.
(d) To speak with security there.
5. Who paid the $65,000 required to fund the march?
(a) Supportive churches.
(b) The participating groups.
(c) Several wealthy donors.
(d) The Democratic party.
6. How is Mailer certain the MP in Chapter 6 is not going to hit him?
(a) His hand is trembling.
(b) He says he is a fan.
(c) He does not have a club.
(d) He is black.
7. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
(a) A school in Baltimore.
(b) A police station in Bethesda.
(c) A bus depot in Brookland.
(d) A post office in Alexandria.
8. Counting his current one, how many wives has Mailer had?
9. How many days in jail is Mailer sentenced to in Chapter 9?
10. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) He is lying on the ground after being maced.
(b) He is giving a television interview.
(c) He is sleeping under a tree.
(d) He is being arrested.
11. Who is waiting her Mailer when he arrives at booking in Occoquan at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) His documentary crew.
(b) His wife.
(c) A hired driver and car to the airport.
(d) Mitch Goodman.
12. In Chapter 1 of Book II, to whom does the "writer" pass the baton?
(a) The historian.
(b) The revolutionary.
(c) The journalist.
(d) The essayist.
13. To what does Mailer compare the MP's on the bus in Chapter 4?
(b) Substitute teachers.
(c) Keystone cops.
14. How does Mailer signal that he wants to be arrested at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) He lays prostrate on the ground.
(b) He crosses a rope line.
(c) He punches an MP.
(d) He throws a can at a police cruiser.
15. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
(a) He is a consistent violator of the law.
(b) He was late to court.
(c) He has been uncooperative throughout.
(d) He is older and more influential.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Mailer use to describe supporters of the ear in Chapter 7?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, how long has the crown been waiting to march?
3. Next to what famous left icon's bunk does Mailer lay down at the end of Chapter 6?
4. In what month is the March held?
5. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)