|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mailer plead at his lawyer's suggestion?
(a) No contest.
(b) He refuses to acknowledge the legitimacy of the court.
(d) Not guilty.
2. Who is Mailer's lawyer in Chapter 9?
(c) de Grazia.
3. What game does Mailer play with a cellmate to pass the time in Chapter 5?
(a) 20 questions.
(d) Gin rummy.
4. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
(a) A post office in Alexandria.
(b) A bus depot in Brookland.
(c) A school in Baltimore.
(d) A police station in Bethesda.
5. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The afternoon is getting late.
(b) Mitch Goodman signals him.
(c) People begin fleeing.
(d) The band stops playing.
6. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
(a) Reporters vying for the best shots.
(b) Helicopters flying overhead.
(c) Police beating riot shields.
(d) Cars driving slowly past the march.
7. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
(a) The Novelist.
(b) The Poet.
(c) The Journalist.
(d) The Critic.
8. What is the highest estimate given in Chapter 5 for the number of marchers who may attend?
9. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
10. What city is Mailer in at the end of this section?
(a) Washington, DC.
(d) New York.
11. Counting his current one, how many wives has Mailer had?
12. Which of the following is not a reason Mailer gives for a person's opposition to the War in Chapter 7?
(a) He believes it is an unjust war.
(b) He is a pacifist.
(c) He is afraid of the draft.
(d) He has Communist sympathies.
13. What is the stated goal of the March, as articulated by the Steering Committee in Chapter 3?
(a) To draw attention to the cost of the War.
(b) To shut down the war-making machine.
(c) To raise awareness of illegal bombing in Laos and Cambodia.
(d) To end the war in Vietnam.
14. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
(a) The best way to get arrested.
(b) WHich set of camera's is CBS.
(c) What Mitch Goodman is.
(d) Where the best shade is.
15. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
(a) It throws malatov cocktails.
(b) It throws eggs at departing Pentagon officials' cars.
(c) It lies prostrate on the lot of the Pentagon.
(d) It physically accosts MP's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 2, who does Dellinger bring on a Project Manager for the March?
3. What left-wing attorney does the Mobilization Committee meet with in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 3, what city does the Steering Committee meet in?
5. Which of the following militant groups chooses to sit and hold their ground at the March?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)