|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
(a) The Band.
(b) The Magic Tramps.
(c) The New York Dolls.
(d) The Fugs.
2. At the end of Chapter 4, between which two individuals does a tension develop?
(a) Rubin and Dellinger.
(b) Van Cleve and de Grazia.
(c) Dellinger and Goodman.
(d) de Grazia and Kunstler.
3. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) They will probably be released.
(b) Lowell and Macdonald will be in the next group.
(c) They will be fed soon.
(d) The march successfully invaded the Pentagon.
4. What is Dick Fontaine doing at the march in Chapter 1?
(a) Dispersing masks for tear gas.
(b) Playing guitar.
(c) Filming Mailer.
(d) Providing legal support.
5. To what ancient monument does Mailer compare the Pentagon in Chapter 4?
(a) The Great Wall.
(b) The Tower of Babel.
(c) The Colloseum.
(d) The Pyramids.
6. How many days in jail is Mailer sentenced to in Chapter 9?
7. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
(a) The Novelist.
(b) The Journalist.
(c) The Critic.
(d) The Poet.
8. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
(a) A police station in Bethesda.
(b) A bus depot in Brookland.
(c) A post office in Alexandria.
(d) A school in Baltimore.
9. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
(a) He was late to court.
(b) He is older and more influential.
(c) He has been uncooperative throughout.
(d) He is a consistent violator of the law.
10. Which writer does Mailer think he is a stand-in for the young people in Chapter 7?
11. Counting his current one, how many wives has Mailer had?
12. In Chapter 4, to what does Mailer compare the people on the bus?
(a) A high school sports team.
(b) A rock band on tour.
(c) A family reunion.
(d) A group of kindergarteners.
13. Which character introduced in this section has been arrested 9 times at protests?
(a) John Boyle.
(b) The "nazi."
(c) The Hungarian freedom fighter.
(d) Walter Teague.
14. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
(a) The "Nazi."
(b) The freedom fighter.
(d) Walter Teague.
15. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The band stops playing.
(b) The afternoon is getting late.
(c) Mitch Goodman signals him.
(d) People begin fleeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
2. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
3. What is Donald Kalish's profession?
4. What Communist leader's writings is Walter Teague teaching in Chapter 6?
5. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)