|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
(a) A surgeon tending a breech birth.
(b) A mason laying foundation.
(c) A jazz musician riffing on a theme.
(d) A lawyer parsing words.
2. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
(a) He is older and more influential.
(b) He has been uncooperative throughout.
(c) He was late to court.
(d) He is a consistent violator of the law.
3. Who begins the informal meeting in Chapter 3?
(a) Paul Goodman.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) Norman Mailer.
(d) Mitch Goodman.
4. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
(a) The route involves a numer of sudden turns.
(b) Law enforcement wants them to take the narrowest road.
(c) Know one knows the route.
(d) There are rumors of roadblocks on the road.
5. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
(a) Bloodshed and madness.
(b) Technology and commercialism.
(c) Money and power.
(d) Marx and Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who is arrested in disproportionate numbers?
2. What type of quasi-religious ceremony does the music group perform in Chapter 5?
3. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
4. To what ancient monument does Mailer compare the Pentagon in Chapter 4?
5. Which of the following ideas is not something that Mailer declares the young generation believes in more fervently than its forebears in Chapter 1?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)