|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who paid the $65,000 required to fund the march?
(a) Several wealthy donors.
(b) The participating groups.
(c) Supportive churches.
(d) The Democratic party.
2. Who speaks with Mitch Goodman at the Justice Department in Chapter 4?
(a) Noam Chomsky.
(b) Norman Mailer.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Dr. Ben Spock.
3. Why do Mailer, Macdonald and Lowell want to be arrested first on Saturday?
(a) They want to catch an evening flight back to New York.
(b) Only the first ones arrested will be photographed.
(c) They want to get out of the hot sun quickly.
(d) They want to escape Mitch Goodman.
4. What does Mailer recall as he walks toward the Washington Monument in Chapter 2?
(a) The 1963 civil rights march.
(b) Losing his virginity.
(c) An afternoon in Madrid.
(d) World War II.
5. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
(a) The turning in of draft cards.
(b) The obstructing of traffic outside the White House.
(c) The barricading of the Department of Justice.
(d) The returning of war medals.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, which of the following forms of civil disobedience is not used by protesters in prison?
2. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 2, to whom does Mailer state he holds final allegiance?
4. Which of the following is not a location in Washington, D.C. where the protesters go in the novel?
5. What type of civil action do Dellinger and some notables enact in Chapter 7?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)