|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mailer plead at his lawyer's suggestion?
(a) No contest.
(b) Not guilty.
(d) He refuses to acknowledge the legitimacy of the court.
2. Which famous black leader's sister speaks in Chapter 3?
(a) Bobby Seale.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Medger Evers.
3. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
(a) The Fugs.
(b) The New York Dolls.
(c) The Magic Tramps.
(d) The Band.
4. What happens at the Battle of the Wedge in Chapter 8?
(a) Protesters rush the Pentagon.
(b) Construction workers descend on the protesters.
(c) Police and military beat protesters.
(d) Dellinger is beaten in front of the marchers.
5. What word does Mailer use to describe supporters of the ear in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Mailer acknowledges that what was present on both sides of the line at the Pentagon?
2. Which New York-based journalist is quoted at the end of Chapter 6?
3. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
4. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
5. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)