|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
(a) He goes to another bar.
(b) He sleeps backstage.
(c) He goes to the hotel.
(d) He falls asleep in a doorway.
2. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) The White Negro.
(b) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(c) The Executioner's Song.
(d) The Naked and the Dead.
3. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
(a) Technology and commercialism.
(b) Money and power.
(c) Bloodshed and madness.
(d) Marx and Smith.
4. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
(a) The sound system is bad.
(b) There are no curtains on the stage.
(c) There is no ventilation.
(d) The seats are uncomfortable.
5. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer tell Fontain about his arrest in Chapter 1?
2. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
3. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
4. Which of the following characters is not facing charges and possible prison time at the end of the novel?
5. What does Goodman in Chapter 2 indicate may happen at the protest?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)