|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sources are reviewed through much of Chapter 5?
(a) Mobilization Committee minutes.
(b) Newspaper articles.
(c) Accounting statements.
(d) Dellinger's journals.
2. What do Macdonald and Lowell do in Chapter 7 after Mailer is arrested?
(a) They flee the protest.
(b) They attempt unsuccessfully to get arrested.
(c) They remain ensconsed in the larger group.
(d) They are arrested and sent to a different processing center.
3. What does Mailer begin working on in Occaquan in Chapter 7?
(a) An outline for a new novel.
(b) His speech upon release.
(c) A rebuttal to Teague's ideology.
(d) An open letter to the papers.
4. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) A church.
(b) Another hotel.
(c) A bar.
(d) A union hall.
5. Which of the following is not one of the aspects of war that Mailer mentions being disagreeable in Chapter 2?
(a) Trudging through mud.
(b) The omnipresence of death.
(c) Intestinal agitation.
(d) Constant fatigue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
2. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
3. How is Mailer dressed for court in Chapter 9?
4. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)