|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of overtones are part of Mailer's speech in Chapter 10?
2. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
(a) A police station in Bethesda.
(b) A post office in Alexandria.
(c) A bus depot in Brookland.
(d) A school in Baltimore.
3. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
(a) To achieve publicity for the next day's events.
(b) To wound the American military symbolically.
(c) To obstruct the daily activity of the Pentagon.
(d) To provide Paul Goodman a platform to self-promote.
4. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
(a) He orders him to fetch some water.
(b) He slaps his behind.
(c) He waltzes him off the stage.
(d) He pushes him over.
5. In Chapter 10, what marks most of the media coverage of the Pentagon march?
(a) It mentions only the famous participants.
(b) It antagonizes the protesters.
(c) It calls for charages against the Secretary of Defense.
(d) It is scant and dismissive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
2. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
3. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
5. What does Mailer tell Fontain about his arrest in Chapter 1?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)