|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
(c) Holding court.
2. In Chapter 10, which of the following forms of civil disobedience is not used by protesters in prison?
(a) Solitary confinement.
(b) Refusal of prisonwear.
(c) Hunger striking.
(d) No-wash protest.
3. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
(a) The Fugs.
(b) The Band.
(c) The Magic Tramps.
(d) The New York Dolls.
4. Which of the following is not a reason Mailer gives for a person's opposition to the War in Chapter 7?
(a) He is a pacifist.
(b) He is afraid of the draft.
(c) He believes it is an unjust war.
(d) He has Communist sympathies.
5. How does Mailer plead at his lawyer's suggestion?
(b) He refuses to acknowledge the legitimacy of the court.
(c) Not guilty.
(d) No contest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
2. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
3. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
4. To what does Mailer compare his hangover in Chapter 2?
5. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)