|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
(a) The Black Panthers.
(b) The police.
(c) Noam Chomsky.
(d) Televisions crews.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, how long has the crown been waiting to march?
(a) About one hour.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Several hours.
(d) Half an hour.
3. Why do Mailer, Macdonald and Lowell want to be arrested first on Saturday?
(a) Only the first ones arrested will be photographed.
(b) They want to catch an evening flight back to New York.
(c) They want to escape Mitch Goodman.
(d) They want to get out of the hot sun quickly.
4. To what does Mailer compare his hangover in Chapter 2?
(a) A garbage heap.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) An atomic bomb.
5. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
(a) It lies prostrate on the lot of the Pentagon.
(b) It throws malatov cocktails.
(c) It physically accosts MP's.
(d) It throws eggs at departing Pentagon officials' cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer claim the young generation hates more than anything else?
2. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
3. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's assessment of the mistake the Revolutionary Contingent made during the march?
4. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
5. Which social or literary figure calls Mailer in Chapter 2?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)