|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what marks most of the media coverage of the Pentagon march?
(a) It is scant and dismissive.
(b) It calls for charages against the Secretary of Defense.
(c) It antagonizes the protesters.
(d) It mentions only the famous participants.
2. Next to what famous left icon's bunk does Mailer lay down at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Dan Berrigan.
(b) Abbie Hoffman.
(c) Wavy Gravy.
(d) Noam Chomsky.
3. Which of the following is not a logic behind the random arrest policy of Chapter 8?
(a) It disrupts organization.
(b) It minimizes the number of heroes.
(c) It embarrasses the arrested.
(d) It terrorizes the protest group.
4. In Chapter 5, who goes to sleep in the cell with Mailer?
(a) Walter Teague.
(b) John Doyle.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) The Hungarian freedom fighter.
5. In Chapter 10, about how many protesters does Mailer say were arrested in Washington DC?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
2. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
3. How is Mailer certain the MP in Chapter 6 is not going to hit him?
4. What does Mailer recall as he walks toward the Washington Monument in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)