|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of civil action do Dellinger and some notables enact in Chapter 7?
(a) A sleep-in.
(b) A sit-in.
(c) A teach-in.
(d) A peaceful blockade.
2. What is the stated goal of the March, as articulated by the Steering Committee in Chapter 3?
(a) To raise awareness of illegal bombing in Laos and Cambodia.
(b) To end the war in Vietnam.
(c) To shut down the war-making machine.
(d) To draw attention to the cost of the War.
3. How do the soldiers deal with the protesters that refuse to leave the Pentagon lot in Chapter 9?
(a) They do not touch them.
(b) They beat them with batons.
(c) They carry them to vans.
(d) Ther drag them off of the property.
4. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
5. Which of these events is Mailer present for in the novel?
(a) The forming of the Mobilization committee.
(b) The arrest of Dellinger.
(c) The Battle of the Wedge.
(d) The turning in of the draft cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 8, who is arrested in disproportionate numbers?
3. What is significant about the way Lowell recites his poetry in Chapter 6?
4. Which famous black leader's sister speaks in Chapter 3?
5. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)