|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mailer, Macdonald and Lowell want to be arrested first on Saturday?
(a) Only the first ones arrested will be photographed.
(b) They want to catch an evening flight back to New York.
(c) They want to escape Mitch Goodman.
(d) They want to get out of the hot sun quickly.
2. In Chapter 10, about how many protesters does Mailer say were arrested in Washington DC?
3. Which of the following ideas is not something that Mailer declares the young generation believes in more fervently than its forebears in Chapter 1?
(c) Hegelian dialectics.
4. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) What the coverage of the march will highlight.
(b) Whether they will have to spend the night in jail.
(c) If they will have to serve time.
(d) If Robert Lowell was arrested.
5. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
(a) They offer polite applause.
(b) They sit impassively.
(c) They leave.
(d) They give a standing ovation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Mailer play with a cellmate to pass the time in Chapter 5?
2. Approximately how many protesters are left after the Battle of the Wedge in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 10, what marks most of the media coverage of the Pentagon march?
4. How does Mailer plead at his lawyer's suggestion?
5. In Chapter 10, which of the following forms of civil disobedience is not used by protesters in prison?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)