|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
(b) About 150.
(c) About 100.
(d) About 40.
2. From what era of literature does Mailer saying he is drawing a convention in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) The Neoclassical Era.
(b) The Romantic Era.
(c) The Victorian Era.
(d) The Modernist Era.
3. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A school auditorium.
(c) A vaudville house.
(d) A church.
4. What does Mailer tell Fontain about his arrest in Chapter 1?
(a) It will not stop the cause.
(b) It was done correctly.
(c) It is unjust.
(d) It is not the first time he has been in handcuffs.
5. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
(c) Holding court.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
2. Which character introduced in this section has been arrested 9 times at protests?
3. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
4. Which of the following ideas is not something that Mailer declares the young generation believes in more fervently than its forebears in Chapter 1?
5. What type of overtones are part of Mailer's speech in Chapter 10?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)