|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men is not quoted by Mailer is having advocated sensory adjudication in Chapter 2?
(a) Thomas Aquinis.
(b) Leo Tolstoy.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) John O'Hara.
2. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
(a) Cover it for the Village Voice.
(b) Be photographed with the organizer.
(c) Speak at it.
(d) Stay away from it.
3. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
(a) A Trotskyite.
(b) A libertarian.
(c) An anti-communist.
(d) A know-nothing.
4. What do Macdonald and Lowell do in Chapter 7 after Mailer is arrested?
(a) They attempt unsuccessfully to get arrested.
(b) They are arrested and sent to a different processing center.
(c) They remain ensconsed in the larger group.
(d) They flee the protest.
5. Which of the following is not a reason Mailer gives for a person's opposition to the War in Chapter 7?
(a) He is afraid of the draft.
(b) He has Communist sympathies.
(c) He is a pacifist.
(d) He believes it is an unjust war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
2. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
3. Which writer does Mailer think he is a stand-in for the young people in Chapter 7?
4. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)