|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
(a) The turning in of draft cards.
(b) The obstructing of traffic outside the White House.
(c) The returning of war medals.
(d) The barricading of the Department of Justice.
2. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
(a) He does not want to be struck.
(b) He does not want to be maced.
(c) He does not want to be shot.
(d) He does not want to be arrested.
3. How does Mailer plead at his lawyer's suggestion?
(b) He refuses to acknowledge the legitimacy of the court.
(c) Not guilty.
(d) No contest.
4. Counting his current one, how many wives has Mailer had?
5. Why do Mailer, Macdonald and Lowell want to be arrested first on Saturday?
(a) They want to get out of the hot sun quickly.
(b) They want to catch an evening flight back to New York.
(c) Only the first ones arrested will be photographed.
(d) They want to escape Mitch Goodman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
2. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
3. Who is Mailer's lawyer in Chapter 9?
4. What does Mailer tell Fontain about his arrest in Chapter 1?
5. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)