|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Mailer claims that America's New Left is drawing its political aesthetic from what country?
2. To what does Mailer compare his hangover in Chapter 2?
(a) A garbage heap.
(b) An earthquake.
(d) An atomic bomb.
3. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
4. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
(a) The Journalist.
(b) The Critic.
(c) The Poet.
(d) The Novelist.
5. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
(a) A New York bistro.
(b) A publishing house.
(c) Mailer's den.
(d) An office on I Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
2. What sources are reviewed through much of Chapter 5?
3. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
4. Next to what famous left icon's bunk does Mailer lay down at the end of Chapter 6?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 1, to what does Mailer compare the atmosphere of the Hay-Adams breakfast crowd?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)