|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Mailer acknowledges that what was present on both sides of the line at the Pentagon?
2. How many marchers does the New York Times suggest will be at the Pentagon protest in Chapter 5?
3. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
(a) Read College.
(b) Los Angeles, CA.
(c) University of Wisconsin.
(d) Boston Common.
4. Which of the following men is not quoted by Mailer is having advocated sensory adjudication in Chapter 2?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Thomas Aquinis.
(c) John O'Hara.
(d) Leo Tolstoy.
5. Which social or literary figure calls Mailer in Chapter 2?
(a) Mitch Goodman.
(b) Jean Genet.
(c) Abbie Hoffman.
(d) Robert Lowell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
2. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
3. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
4. Which character introduced in this section has been arrested 9 times at protests?
5. According to rules regulating soldier and police behavior, what must a protester do before he or she can be struck?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)