|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
2. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
(a) The Ambassador.
(b) The National Theatre.
(c) Ford's Theatre.
(d) The Arena.
3. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
(b) About 100.
(c) About 150.
(d) About 40.
4. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
(b) The host's.
(c) de Grazia's.
5. What does Mailer begin working on in Occaquan in Chapter 7?
(a) An open letter to the papers.
(b) A rebuttal to Teague's ideology.
(c) An outline for a new novel.
(d) His speech upon release.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer claim the young generation hates more than anything else?
2. How is Mailer dressed for court in Chapter 9?
3. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
4. According to rules regulating soldier and police behavior, what must a protester do before he or she can be struck?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)