|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what ancient monument does Mailer compare the Pentagon in Chapter 4?
(a) The Great Wall.
(b) The Tower of Babel.
(c) The Colloseum.
(d) The Pyramids.
2. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
(a) Helicopters flying overhead.
(b) Cars driving slowly past the march.
(c) Police beating riot shields.
(d) Reporters vying for the best shots.
3. What is Dick Fontaine doing at the march in Chapter 1?
(a) Playing guitar.
(b) Dispersing masks for tear gas.
(c) Filming Mailer.
(d) Providing legal support.
4. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
(a) The host's.
(c) de Grazia's.
5. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
(a) To wound the American military symbolically.
(b) To achieve publicity for the next day's events.
(c) To provide Paul Goodman a platform to self-promote.
(d) To obstruct the daily activity of the Pentagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the Battle of the Wedge in Chapter 8?
2. Which of Mailer's writer friends is present in the Volkswagen with him in Chapter 2?
3. Which of the following militant groups chooses to sit and hold their ground at the March?
4. To what does Mailer compare his hangover in Chapter 2?
5. How many days in jail is Mailer sentenced to in Chapter 9?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)