|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month is the March held?
2. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
3. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
(c) Snare drum.
4. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) The White Negro.
(b) The Executioner's Song.
(c) The Naked and the Dead.
(d) Why Are We in Vietnam?
5. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Ed de Grazia.
(c) Paul Goodman.
(d) Dwight Macdonald.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
2. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
3. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
4. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
5. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)