|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, which of the following forms of civil disobedience is not used by protesters in prison?
(a) Refusal of prisonwear.
(b) Hunger striking.
(c) Solitary confinement.
(d) No-wash protest.
2. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
(a) The Black Panthers.
(b) The police.
(c) Televisions crews.
(d) Noam Chomsky.
3. Counting his current one, how many wives has Mailer had?
4. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
(a) A woman he slept with earlier in the week.
(b) His urination before the show.
(c) His struggles with intense constipation.
(d) How he ran into a dog on the highway yesterday.
5. What word does Mailer use to describe supporters of the ear in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, to whom does Mailer state he holds final allegiance?
2. What is particularly brutal in Mailer's citing of an individual woman's beating in Chapter 8?
3. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
4. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
5. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)