|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sources are reviewed through much of Chapter 5?
(a) Accounting statements.
(b) Mobilization Committee minutes.
(c) Dellinger's journals.
(d) Newspaper articles.
2. Why do Mailer, Macdonald and Lowell want to be arrested first on Saturday?
(a) Only the first ones arrested will be photographed.
(b) They want to catch an evening flight back to New York.
(c) They want to escape Mitch Goodman.
(d) They want to get out of the hot sun quickly.
3. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer claim the young generation hates more than anything else?
(a) The free market.
4. Which character introduced in this section has been arrested 9 times at protests?
(a) Walter Teague.
(b) The "nazi."
(c) John Boyle.
(d) The Hungarian freedom fighter.
5. In Chapter 4, to what does Mailer compare the people on the bus?
(a) A rock band on tour.
(b) A group of kindergarteners.
(c) A high school sports team.
(d) A family reunion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason Mailer gives for a person's opposition to the War in Chapter 7?
2. In Chapter 3, what city does the Steering Committee meet in?
3. What left-wing attorney does the Mobilization Committee meet with in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
5. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)