|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
(a) Walter Teague.
(b) The "Nazi."
(c) The freedom fighter.
2. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) People begin fleeing.
(b) The band stops playing.
(c) Mitch Goodman signals him.
(d) The afternoon is getting late.
3. What state is the MP from?
(c) West Virginia.
(d) New Jersey.
4. In Chapter 2, what drug does Mailer repeatedly decry?
5. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
(a) The obstructing of traffic outside the White House.
(b) The returning of war medals.
(c) The barricading of the Department of Justice.
(d) The turning in of draft cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
2. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
3. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
4. Which of the following is not an area that the attorney of Chapter 4 gets permission for protest activity?
5. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)