|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of quasi-religious ceremony does the music group perform in Chapter 5?
(a) A laying-on of hands.
(b) A baptism.
(c) An exorcism.
(d) A wedding.
2. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
(a) A local DC businessman.
(b) Editor of The New Republic.
(c) A former Air Force pilot.
(d) Chaplain at Yale.
3. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Dwight Macdonald.
(c) Paul Goodman.
(d) Ed de Grazia.
4. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
(a) A cloth napkin.
(b) Her husband's necktie.
(c) A copy of his book.
(d) Her housekey.
5. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
(a) Abbie Hoffman's.
(b) Ben Franklin's.
(c) William Burroughs'.
(d) Lyndon Johnson's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
2. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
3. What is Mailer worried about missing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 1, Mailer claims that America's New Left is drawing its political aesthetic from what country?
5. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)