|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
(a) A post office in Alexandria.
(b) A school in Baltimore.
(c) A police station in Bethesda.
(d) A bus depot in Brookland.
2. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
3. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
(a) It throws eggs at departing Pentagon officials' cars.
(b) It physically accosts MP's.
(c) It throws malatov cocktails.
(d) It lies prostrate on the lot of the Pentagon.
4. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
(a) He falls asleep in a doorway.
(b) He goes to another bar.
(c) He sleeps backstage.
(d) He goes to the hotel.
5. What does Mailer begin working on in Occaquan in Chapter 7?
(a) A rebuttal to Teague's ideology.
(b) An outline for a new novel.
(c) An open letter to the papers.
(d) His speech upon release.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
3. How does Mailer signal that he wants to be arrested at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What word does Mailer use to describe supporters of the ear in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 1, Mailer claims that America's New Left is drawing its political aesthetic from what country?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)