|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Next to what famous left icon's bunk does Mailer lay down at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Wavy Gravy.
(b) Noam Chomsky.
(c) Abbie Hoffman.
(d) Dan Berrigan.
2. To what does Mailer compare his hangover in Chapter 2?
(a) An atomic bomb.
(c) A garbage heap.
(d) An earthquake.
3. What is Donald Kalish's profession?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a news reporter.
(c) He is a priest.
(d) He is a professor.
4. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
(a) He is refused by the Justice officials.
(b) He is swarmed by press.
(c) He gets into a heated argument with the Solicitor General.
(d) He is arrested.
5. What type of quasi-religious ceremony does the music group perform in Chapter 5?
(a) A wedding.
(b) An exorcism.
(c) A baptism.
(d) A laying-on of hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
3. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
4. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
5. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)