|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
2. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
(a) Upper East Side.
(b) Greenwich Village.
(c) Hell's Kitchen.
(d) Murray Hill.
3. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
(a) He forgets her name.
(b) He refuses dinner.
(c) He call her a loon.
(d) He breaks her toilet.
4. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
5. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
(a) Reporters vying for the best shots.
(b) Cars driving slowly past the march.
(c) Police beating riot shields.
(d) Helicopters flying overhead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who paid the $65,000 required to fund the march?
2. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
3. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. Who begins the informal meeting in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)