|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
(a) Peanut butter and bread.
(b) Bananas and cantaloupe.
(c) Toasted English muffins.
2. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
(b) The south of Mexico
(c) The military.
3. At the end of Chapter 4, between which two individuals does a tension develop?
(a) de Grazia and Kunstler.
(b) Dellinger and Goodman.
(c) Rubin and Dellinger.
(d) Van Cleve and de Grazia.
4. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
(a) His drink.
(b) The telling of a story from their time in Madrid.
(c) The emcee role for the evening.
(d) The key to his hotel room.
5. From what era of literature does Mailer saying he is drawing a convention in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) The Victorian Era.
(b) The Romantic Era.
(c) The Modernist Era.
(d) The Neoclassical Era.
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
2. Next to what famous left icon's bunk does Mailer lay down at the end of Chapter 6?
3. Which of Mailer's writer friends is present in the Volkswagen with him in Chapter 2?
4. What is the highest estimate given in Chapter 5 for the number of marchers who may attend?
5. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)