|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did march planning committee visit the Pentagon numerous times before the march?
(a) To gauge police coverage in the lots.
(b) To speak with security there.
(c) To take pictures for promotional materials.
(d) To choose the best side to approach.
2. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
(a) There are rumors of roadblocks on the road.
(b) Law enforcement wants them to take the narrowest road.
(c) Know one knows the route.
(d) The route involves a numer of sudden turns.
3. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
(a) It lies prostrate on the lot of the Pentagon.
(b) It throws eggs at departing Pentagon officials' cars.
(c) It physically accosts MP's.
(d) It throws malatov cocktails.
4. What does Mailer intimate about his drinking the night before Chapter 1?
(a) He became belligerent toward his fellow writers.
(b) He blacked out.
(c) He did not get very drunk.
(d) He abstained from all alcohol.
5. Which of the following is not one of the aspects of war that Mailer mentions being disagreeable in Chapter 2?
(a) The omnipresence of death.
(b) Trudging through mud.
(c) Intestinal agitation.
(d) Constant fatigue.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
2. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
3. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
4. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
5. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)