|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who paid the $65,000 required to fund the march?
(a) Several wealthy donors.
(b) The participating groups.
(c) The Democratic party.
(d) Supportive churches.
2. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
(a) The Time Magazine reporter.
(b) The hostess of the party.
(c) A heckler.
(d) de Grazia.
3. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
4. What left-wing attorney does the Mobilization Committee meet with in Chapter 4?
(b) Van Cleve.
(d) de Grazia.
5. Why did march planning committee visit the Pentagon numerous times before the march?
(a) To gauge police coverage in the lots.
(b) To choose the best side to approach.
(c) To take pictures for promotional materials.
(d) To speak with security there.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Mailer claims that America's New Left is drawing its political aesthetic from what country?
2. Which famous black leader's sister speaks in Chapter 3?
3. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
4. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
5. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)