|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Mailer resolve to do?
(a) Get arrested.
(b) Slip out of Washingotn in the afternoon.
(c) Punch Mitch Goodman.
(d) Stay sober for the march.
2. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
(a) The Hay-Adams.
(b) The Willard.
(c) The Marriot.
(d) The Watergate.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, how long has the crown been waiting to march?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) About one hour.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Several hours.
4. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
(b) Peanut butter and bread.
(c) Bananas and cantaloupe.
(d) Toasted English muffins.
5. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
(a) University of Wisconsin.
(b) Los Angeles, CA.
(c) Boston Common.
(d) Read College.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is Mailer in at the end of this section?
2. Which social or literary figure calls Mailer in Chapter 2?
3. How does Mailer describe the MP's face at the end of Chapter 1?
4. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
5. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)