|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who does Mailer get into a cloyingly complimentary conversation?
(a) Dwight Macdonald.
(b) Paul Goodman.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) William Sloane Coffin.
2. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
(a) Los Angeles, CA.
(b) Boston Common.
(c) University of Wisconsin.
(d) Read College.
3. What does Mailer begin working on in Occaquan in Chapter 7?
(a) An open letter to the papers.
(b) An outline for a new novel.
(c) A rebuttal to Teague's ideology.
(d) His speech upon release.
4. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
(a) A libertarian.
(b) A know-nothing.
(c) A Trotskyite.
(d) An anti-communist.
5. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
(a) He waltzes him off the stage.
(b) He slaps his behind.
(c) He pushes him over.
(d) He orders him to fetch some water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
2. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
3. How is Mailer certain the MP in Chapter 6 is not going to hit him?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
5. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)