|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 5-10 years.
(b) 40-50 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 10-20 years.
2. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
(a) Noam Chomsky.
(b) The police.
(c) Televisions crews.
(d) The Black Panthers.
3. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. Why did march planning committee visit the Pentagon numerous times before the march?
(a) To gauge police coverage in the lots.
(b) To take pictures for promotional materials.
(c) To speak with security there.
(d) To choose the best side to approach.
5. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
(a) He has flat feet.
(b) He worked in a munitions factory.
(c) He was a conscientious objector.
(d) He became a foreign correspondent for the AP.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
2. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
3. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
4. What word does Mailer use to describe supporters of the ear in Chapter 7?
5. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)