|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Mailer states that left-wing groups should choose names similar to what?
(a) Right-wing groups.
(b) Motorcycle gangs.
(c) Fortune 500 companies.
(d) Religious sects.
2. What does Mailer intimate about his drinking the night before Chapter 1?
(a) He blacked out.
(b) He did not get very drunk.
(c) He abstained from all alcohol.
(d) He became belligerent toward his fellow writers.
3. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's assessment of the mistake the Revolutionary Contingent made during the march?
(a) It was poorly armed.
(b) It lacked a clear system of communication.
(c) It acted too soon.
(d) It was too spread out.
4. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
(a) He waltzes him off the stage.
(b) He pushes him over.
(c) He orders him to fetch some water.
(d) He slaps his behind.
5. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
(a) Mailer's den.
(b) An office on I Street.
(c) A publishing house.
(d) A New York bistro.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
2. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
3. Which writer does Mailer think he is a stand-in for the young people in Chapter 7?
4. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
5. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)