|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
(a) Macdonald got the post at the New Yorker Mailer wants.
(b) Macdonald is reviewing Mailer's book.
(c) Mailer has recently discovered he's on the Pulitzer short list.
(d) Mailer is sleeping with Macdonald's wife.
2. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
(a) Marx and Smith.
(b) Bloodshed and madness.
(c) Money and power.
(d) Technology and commercialism.
3. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
(a) The Critic.
(b) The Novelist.
(c) The Journalist.
(d) The Poet.
4. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) They will be fed soon.
(b) Lowell and Macdonald will be in the next group.
(c) The march successfully invaded the Pentagon.
(d) They will probably be released.
5. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) A union hall.
(b) A church.
(c) A bar.
(d) Another hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did march planning committee visit the Pentagon numerous times before the march?
2. To what does Mailer compare his hangover in Chapter 2?
3. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
4. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
5. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)