|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's assessment of the mistake the Revolutionary Contingent made during the march?
(a) It acted too soon.
(b) It was too spread out.
(c) It was poorly armed.
(d) It lacked a clear system of communication.
2. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
(a) They offer polite applause.
(b) They sit impassively.
(c) They leave.
(d) They give a standing ovation.
3. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
4. Who is waiting her Mailer when he arrives at booking in Occoquan at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) His wife.
(b) His documentary crew.
(c) A hired driver and car to the airport.
(d) Mitch Goodman.
5. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
(a) A march to the Capitol.
(b) A series of speeches at a theatre.
(c) A dinner at the Watergate.
(d) A small concert on the Mall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
2. What word does Mailer use to describe supporters of the ear in Chapter 7?
3. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
4. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)