|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
(a) He is naked.
(b) He is sedated.
(c) He is asleep.
(d) He is drunk.
2. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
(a) A series of speeches at a theatre.
(b) A dinner at the Watergate.
(c) A march to the Capitol.
(d) A small concert on the Mall.
3. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
(a) About 40.
(b) About 150.
(d) About 100.
4. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
5. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Paul Goodman.
(b) Dwight Macdonald.
(c) Ed de Grazia.
(d) Robert Lowell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
2. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
3. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
4. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
5. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)