|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
(a) A police station in Bethesda.
(b) A school in Baltimore.
(c) A bus depot in Brookland.
(d) A post office in Alexandria.
2. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
(a) Wrong her completely.
(b) Slip out inconspiculously.
(c) Get her a gift basket.
(d) Apologize profusely.
3. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
(a) Liberal parties.
(b) Book discussions.
(c) Vietnam protests.
(d) Rides from airports to hotels.
4. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
(a) To lead the way to the Pentagon.
(b) To speak to one of the monitors.
(c) To just go home.
(d) To have a swig of scotch.
5. Who paid the $65,000 required to fund the march?
(a) Several wealthy donors.
(b) The Democratic party.
(c) Supportive churches.
(d) The participating groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
2. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
4. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
5. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)