|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 10-20 years.
(b) 40-50 years.
(c) 5-10 years.
(d) 100 years.
2. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
3. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
(a) The freedom fighter.
(c) Walter Teague.
(d) The "Nazi."
4. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
(a) It throws malatov cocktails.
(b) It physically accosts MP's.
(c) It throws eggs at departing Pentagon officials' cars.
(d) It lies prostrate on the lot of the Pentagon.
5. What does Mailer begin working on in Occaquan in Chapter 7?
(a) An outline for a new novel.
(b) An open letter to the papers.
(c) His speech upon release.
(d) A rebuttal to Teague's ideology.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
2. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
3. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
4. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
5. Which writer does Mailer think he is a stand-in for the young people in Chapter 7?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)