|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) A church.
(b) A bar.
(c) Another hotel.
(d) A union hall.
2. What is Donald Kalish's profession?
(a) He is a news reporter.
(b) He is a professor.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a priest.
3. What is the stated goal of the March, as articulated by the Steering Committee in Chapter 3?
(a) To draw attention to the cost of the War.
(b) To end the war in Vietnam.
(c) To shut down the war-making machine.
(d) To raise awareness of illegal bombing in Laos and Cambodia.
4. Which of the following ideas is not something that Mailer declares the young generation believes in more fervently than its forebears in Chapter 1?
(a) Hegelian dialectics.
5. How many marchers does the New York Times suggest will be at the Pentagon protest in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
2. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
3. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
4. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
5. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)