|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
(a) A bar.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) A hot-dog stand.
(d) The hotel.
2. How many marchers does the New York Times suggest will be at the Pentagon protest in Chapter 5?
3. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
(a) It lies prostrate on the lot of the Pentagon.
(b) It physically accosts MP's.
(c) It throws eggs at departing Pentagon officials' cars.
(d) It throws malatov cocktails.
4. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
5. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
(a) To achieve publicity for the next day's events.
(b) To provide Paul Goodman a platform to self-promote.
(c) To wound the American military symbolically.
(d) To obstruct the daily activity of the Pentagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Donald Kalish's profession?
2. In Chapter 2, to whom does Mailer state he holds final allegiance?
3. What Communist leader's writings is Walter Teague teaching in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
5. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)