|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mailer signal that he wants to be arrested at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) He throws a can at a police cruiser.
(b) He lays prostrate on the ground.
(c) He punches an MP.
(d) He crosses a rope line.
2. What is the stated goal of the March, as articulated by the Steering Committee in Chapter 3?
(a) To shut down the war-making machine.
(b) To end the war in Vietnam.
(c) To raise awareness of illegal bombing in Laos and Cambodia.
(d) To draw attention to the cost of the War.
3. Why did march planning committee visit the Pentagon numerous times before the march?
(a) To gauge police coverage in the lots.
(b) To choose the best side to approach.
(c) To speak with security there.
(d) To take pictures for promotional materials.
4. What city is Mailer in at the end of this section?
(a) New York.
(c) Washington, DC.
5. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(c) The Time Magazine reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
3. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
4. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer claim the young generation hates more than anything else?
5. Counting his current one, how many wives has Mailer had?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)