|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
(a) Vietnam protests.
(b) Rides from airports to hotels.
(c) Book discussions.
(d) Liberal parties.
2. What is the stated goal of the March, as articulated by the Steering Committee in Chapter 3?
(a) To raise awareness of illegal bombing in Laos and Cambodia.
(b) To shut down the war-making machine.
(c) To draw attention to the cost of the War.
(d) To end the war in Vietnam.
3. In what month is the March held?
4. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Ed de Grazia.
(b) Dwight Macdonald.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Paul Goodman.
5. In Chapter 2, to whom does Mailer state he holds final allegiance?
(b) The government.
(c) Fellow artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
2. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
3. To what does Mailer compare his hangover in Chapter 2?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Mailer resolve to do?
5. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)