|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's assessment of the mistake the Revolutionary Contingent made during the march?
(a) It was too spread out.
(b) It was poorly armed.
(c) It lacked a clear system of communication.
(d) It acted too soon.
2. What type of quasi-religious ceremony does the music group perform in Chapter 5?
(a) A baptism.
(b) An exorcism.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A laying-on of hands.
3. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) They will probably be released.
(b) Lowell and Macdonald will be in the next group.
(c) They will be fed soon.
(d) The march successfully invaded the Pentagon.
4. In Chapter 2, what drug does Mailer repeatedly decry?
5. Which of the following ideas is not something that Mailer declares the young generation believes in more fervently than its forebears in Chapter 1?
(a) Hegelian dialectics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
2. In Chapter 3, what city does the Steering Committee meet in?
3. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 6, Mailer acknowledges that what was present on both sides of the line at the Pentagon?
5. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)