|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
(a) Snare drum.
2. Which of the following is not a reason Mailer gives for a person's opposition to the War in Chapter 7?
(a) He is afraid of the draft.
(b) He believes it is an unjust war.
(c) He has Communist sympathies.
(d) He is a pacifist.
3. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
(a) Paul Goodman.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) Ed de Grazia.
(d) Dwight Macdonald.
4. What does Mailer recall as he walks toward the Washington Monument in Chapter 2?
(a) An afternoon in Madrid.
(b) Losing his virginity.
(c) The 1963 civil rights march.
(d) World War II.
5. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
(b) Walter Teague.
(c) The freedom fighter.
(d) The "Nazi."
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
2. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
3. Why did march planning committee visit the Pentagon numerous times before the march?
4. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
5. What does Goodman in Chapter 2 indicate may happen at the protest?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)