|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
(a) The Deer Park.
(b) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(c) The Naked and the Dead.
(d) The White Negro.
2. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
(a) The hostess of the party.
(b) The Time Magazine reporter.
(c) A heckler.
(d) de Grazia.
3. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) The White Negro.
(b) The Naked and the Dead.
(c) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(d) The Executioner's Song.
4. Who speaks with Mitch Goodman at the Justice Department in Chapter 4?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Noam Chomsky.
(c) Dr. Ben Spock.
(d) Norman Mailer.
5. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer claim the young generation hates more than anything else?
(d) The free market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
2. From what era of literature does Mailer saying he is drawing a convention in the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
4. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
5. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)