|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
2. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
(a) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(b) The Deer Park.
(c) The White Negro.
(d) The Naked and the Dead.
3. What is Donald Kalish's profession?
(a) He is a news reporter.
(b) He is a priest.
(c) He is a professor.
(d) He is a writer.
4. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
(a) Editor of The New Republic.
(b) A local DC businessman.
(c) A former Air Force pilot.
(d) Chaplain at Yale.
5. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
(b) de Grazia's.
(d) The host's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
2. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
3. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
4. Which of the following is not one of the aspects of war that Mailer mentions being disagreeable in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 2, what drug does Mailer repeatedly decry?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)