|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mailer in Chapter 5, how big is the praking lot tot he Pentagon?
(a) As big as the Pentagon itself.
(b) The size of a grocery store's parking lot.
(c) Slightly smaller than the central mall.
(d) The size of 5 football fields.
2. What is Dick Fontaine doing at the march in Chapter 1?
(a) Dispersing masks for tear gas.
(b) Playing guitar.
(c) Filming Mailer.
(d) Providing legal support.
3. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
(a) The sound system is bad.
(b) The seats are uncomfortable.
(c) There is no ventilation.
(d) There are no curtains on the stage.
4. Which social or literary figure calls Mailer in Chapter 2?
(a) Abbie Hoffman.
(b) Mitch Goodman.
(c) Jean Genet.
(d) Robert Lowell.
5. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
2. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
3. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
4. From what era of literature does Mailer saying he is drawing a convention in the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)