|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who does Mailer get into a cloyingly complimentary conversation?
(a) Paul Goodman.
(b) Dwight Macdonald.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) William Sloane Coffin.
2. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
3. What strain of sociopolitical thinking does Mailer chart through America in a speech in Chapter 1?
(b) Fiscal conservatism.
(d) Trade protectionism.
4. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
(a) A cloth napkin.
(b) Her housekey.
(c) Her husband's necktie.
(d) A copy of his book.
5. What state is the MP from?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) West Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
3. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
4. Who speaks with Mitch Goodman at the Justice Department in Chapter 4?
5. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)