|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
(a) de Grazia.
(b) The Time Magazine reporter.
(c) A heckler.
(d) The hostess of the party.
2. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
(a) He became Goodman's son's godfather.
(b) He recommended him for a Times op-ed.
(c) He praised him on the Dick Cavett Show.
(d) He wrote a blurb for his book.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
(a) Turn in aluminum as certain stations.
(b) Purchase Coors beer.
(c) Pay a 10% increase in the income tax.
(d) Read the Washington Post.
4. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
(b) Holding court.
5. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
(a) The emcee role for the evening.
(b) His drink.
(c) The key to his hotel room.
(d) The telling of a story from their time in Madrid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 1, who does Mailer get into a cloyingly complimentary conversation?
3. In Chapter 2, to whom does Mailer state he holds final allegiance?
4. What does Mailer tell Fontain about his arrest in Chapter 1?
5. Which of the following men is not quoted by Mailer is having advocated sensory adjudication in Chapter 2?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)