|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to mailer in Chapter 1, which of the following qualities is definitely not necessary in a protagonist for the story of the March?
(a) He should have participated.
(b) He should be an organizer.
(c) He should be a nonpartisan.
(d) He should be an observer.
2. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
(a) The White Negro.
(b) The Deer Park.
(c) The Naked and the Dead.
(d) Why Are We in Vietnam?
3. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
4. According to Mailer in Chapter 5, how big is the praking lot tot he Pentagon?
(a) The size of 5 football fields.
(b) As big as the Pentagon itself.
(c) Slightly smaller than the central mall.
(d) The size of a grocery store's parking lot.
5. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
(a) They give him a standing ovation.
(b) They boo him.
(c) They applaud politely.
(d) Halk of them walk out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
2. How does Mailer signal that he wants to be arrested at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 1, to what does Mailer compare the atmosphere of the Hay-Adams breakfast crowd?
5. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)