|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
(a) A bar.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) A hot-dog stand.
(d) The hotel.
2. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Ed de Grazia.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) Paul Goodman.
(d) Dwight Macdonald.
3. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He crosses a police line.
(b) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
(c) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
(d) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
4. What does Mailer recall as he walks toward the Washington Monument in Chapter 2?
(a) Losing his virginity.
(b) An afternoon in Madrid.
(c) World War II.
(d) The 1963 civil rights march.
5. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Lowell and Macdonald will be in the next group.
(b) They will be fed soon.
(c) The march successfully invaded the Pentagon.
(d) They will probably be released.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
2. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
3. In Chapter 1, Mailer claims that America's New Left is drawing its political aesthetic from what country?
4. How is Mailer certain the MP in Chapter 6 is not going to hit him?
5. Who begins the informal meeting in Chapter 3?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)