|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
(a) A surgeon tending a breech birth.
(b) A mason laying foundation.
(c) A lawyer parsing words.
(d) A jazz musician riffing on a theme.
2. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
(a) Cars driving slowly past the march.
(b) Reporters vying for the best shots.
(c) Helicopters flying overhead.
(d) Police beating riot shields.
3. What does Mailer recall as he walks toward the Washington Monument in Chapter 2?
(a) World War II.
(b) An afternoon in Madrid.
(c) Losing his virginity.
(d) The 1963 civil rights march.
4. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Mailer resolve to do?
(a) Stay sober for the march.
(b) Punch Mitch Goodman.
(c) Get arrested.
(d) Slip out of Washingotn in the afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is the "Nazi" who antagonizes Mailer in Chapter 2?
2. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
3. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
4. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
5. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)