|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
(a) They give him a standing ovation.
(b) They boo him.
(c) Halk of them walk out.
(d) They applaud politely.
2. Which of Mailer's writer friends is present in the Volkswagen with him in Chapter 2?
(a) Paul Goodman.
(b) Dwight Macdonald.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) None of them.
3. Which of the following men is not quoted by Mailer is having advocated sensory adjudication in Chapter 2?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Leo Tolstoy.
(c) John O'Hara.
(d) Thomas Aquinis.
4. According to Mailer in Chapter 5, how big is the praking lot tot he Pentagon?
(a) The size of a grocery store's parking lot.
(b) As big as the Pentagon itself.
(c) The size of 5 football fields.
(d) Slightly smaller than the central mall.
5. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
(a) To lead the way to the Pentagon.
(b) To have a swig of scotch.
(c) To speak to one of the monitors.
(d) To just go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
2. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
3. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Mailer resolve to do?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)