|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Mailer compare the MP's on the bus in Chapter 4?
(a) Substitute teachers.
(c) Keystone cops.
2. In Chapter 1, who does Mailer get into a cloyingly complimentary conversation?
(a) Paul Goodman.
(b) Dwight Macdonald.
(c) William Sloane Coffin.
(d) Robert Lowell.
3. What nationality is the "Nazi" who antagonizes Mailer in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
(a) Vietnam protests.
(b) Rides from airports to hotels.
(c) Liberal parties.
(d) Book discussions.
5. What is Donald Kalish's profession?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a news reporter.
(c) He is a professor.
(d) He is a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
2. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
3. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
4. Who begins the informal meeting in Chapter 3?
5. Which of the following men is not quoted by Mailer is having advocated sensory adjudication in Chapter 2?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)