|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(c) The Time Magazine reporter.
2. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
(a) The barricading of the Department of Justice.
(b) The obstructing of traffic outside the White House.
(c) The turning in of draft cards.
(d) The returning of war medals.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
(a) He does not want to be shot.
(b) He does not want to be struck.
(c) He does not want to be maced.
(d) He does not want to be arrested.
4. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
(a) The best way to get arrested.
(b) Where the best shade is.
(c) WHich set of camera's is CBS.
(d) What Mitch Goodman is.
5. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
(c) Snare drum.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
2. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
3. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
4. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
5. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)