|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
2. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
(a) A bus depot in Brookland.
(b) A school in Baltimore.
(c) A post office in Alexandria.
(d) A police station in Bethesda.
3. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
(a) The Willard.
(b) The Watergate.
(c) The Hay-Adams.
(d) The Marriot.
4. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) The march successfully invaded the Pentagon.
(b) They will be fed soon.
(c) Lowell and Macdonald will be in the next group.
(d) They will probably be released.
5. To what does Mailer compare the MP's on the bus in Chapter 4?
(a) Keystone cops.
(d) Substitute teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
2. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
3. Which of the following is not one of the aspects of war that Mailer mentions being disagreeable in Chapter 2?
4. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
5. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)