|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) The march successfully invaded the Pentagon.
(b) They will be fed soon.
(c) They will probably be released.
(d) Lowell and Macdonald will be in the next group.
2. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
(a) The Naked and the Dead.
(b) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(c) The Deer Park.
(d) The White Negro.
3. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
(a) A troup of mimes.
(b) A folk music group.
(c) A poet.
(d) An improv group.
4. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
(d) Snare drum.
5. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
(a) Televisions crews.
(b) The Black Panthers.
(c) Noam Chomsky.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
2. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
3. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
4. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 2, what drug does Mailer repeatedly decry?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)