|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mailer, Macdonald and Lowell want to be arrested first on Saturday?
(a) They want to get out of the hot sun quickly.
(b) They want to escape Mitch Goodman.
(c) They want to catch an evening flight back to New York.
(d) Only the first ones arrested will be photographed.
2. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
3. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
(a) To have a swig of scotch.
(b) To speak to one of the monitors.
(c) To just go home.
(d) To lead the way to the Pentagon.
4. What strain of sociopolitical thinking does Mailer chart through America in a speech in Chapter 1?
(a) Trade protectionism.
(c) Fiscal conservatism.
5. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
(a) William Burroughs'.
(b) Abbie Hoffman's.
(c) Lyndon Johnson's.
(d) Ben Franklin's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
2. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
4. How does Mailer describe the MP's face at the end of Chapter 1?
5. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)