|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
(a) The Arena.
(b) The National Theatre.
(c) The Ambassador.
(d) Ford's Theatre.
2. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
(a) He call her a loon.
(b) He breaks her toilet.
(c) He forgets her name.
(d) He refuses dinner.
3. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
4. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
(a) There are no curtains on the stage.
(b) The sound system is bad.
(c) The seats are uncomfortable.
(d) There is no ventilation.
5. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
(a) Read the Washington Post.
(b) Pay a 10% increase in the income tax.
(c) Turn in aluminum as certain stations.
(d) Purchase Coors beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer recall as he walks toward the Washington Monument in Chapter 2?
2. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
3. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
4. In Chapter 1, Mailer claims that America's New Left is drawing its political aesthetic from what country?
5. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)