|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
(a) Apologize profusely.
(b) Slip out inconspiculously.
(c) Get her a gift basket.
(d) Wrong her completely.
2. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 5-10 years.
(c) 40-50 years.
(d) 10-20 years.
4. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
5. How does Mailer signal that he wants to be arrested at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) He lays prostrate on the ground.
(b) He crosses a rope line.
(c) He throws a can at a police cruiser.
(d) He punches an MP.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mailer describe the MP's face at the end of Chapter 1?
2. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
4. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
5. In Chapter 1, Mailer claims that America's New Left is drawing its political aesthetic from what country?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)