|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks with Mitch Goodman at the Justice Department in Chapter 4?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Dr. Ben Spock.
(c) Norman Mailer.
(d) Noam Chomsky.
2. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Ed de Grazia.
(b) Dwight Macdonald.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Paul Goodman.
3. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
(a) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(b) The Deer Park.
(c) The White Negro.
(d) The Naked and the Dead.
4. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(c) The Time Magazine reporter.
5. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who goes to sleep in the cell with Mailer?
2. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
3. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
4. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
5. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)