|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He is refused by the Justice officials.
(c) He is swarmed by press.
(d) He gets into a heated argument with the Solicitor General.
2. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
(a) Aiding someone refusing the draft.
(b) Impeding an executive order.
(c) Providing comfort to the enemies of the U.S.
(d) Theft of government property.
3. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
4. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
(a) Walter Teague.
(b) The freedom fighter.
(d) The "Nazi."
5. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
(a) A publishing house.
(b) Mailer's den.
(c) An office on I Street.
(d) A New York bistro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Counting his current one, how many wives has Mailer had?
3. To what does Mailer compare the MP's on the bus in Chapter 4?
4. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
5. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)