|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
(a) He is swarmed by press.
(b) He gets into a heated argument with the Solicitor General.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He is refused by the Justice officials.
2. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
(c) The military.
(d) The south of Mexico
3. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
(a) An office on I Street.
(b) Mailer's den.
(c) A publishing house.
(d) A New York bistro.
4. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
5. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 2 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
2. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
3. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Mailer resolve to do?
5. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)