|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
(a) About 100.
(c) About 40.
(d) About 150.
2. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
(a) A lawyer parsing words.
(b) A jazz musician riffing on a theme.
(c) A surgeon tending a breech birth.
(d) A mason laying foundation.
3. Which famous black leader's sister speaks in Chapter 3?
(a) Bobby Seale.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Medger Evers.
4. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
(a) Mailer has recently discovered he's on the Pulitzer short list.
(b) Mailer is sleeping with Macdonald's wife.
(c) Macdonald got the post at the New Yorker Mailer wants.
(d) Macdonald is reviewing Mailer's book.
5. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
(a) The Willard.
(b) The Hay-Adams.
(c) The Marriot.
(d) The Watergate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
2. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
4. Which character introduced in this section has been arrested 9 times at protests?
5. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)