|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
(b) Peanut butter and bread.
(c) Toasted English muffins.
(d) Bananas and cantaloupe.
2. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
(a) The Arena.
(b) The Ambassador.
(c) The National Theatre.
(d) Ford's Theatre.
3. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
(a) They boo him.
(b) They applaud politely.
(c) Halk of them walk out.
(d) They give him a standing ovation.
4. Which social or literary figure calls Mailer in Chapter 2?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Mitch Goodman.
(c) Abbie Hoffman.
(d) Jean Genet.
5. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
(a) How he ran into a dog on the highway yesterday.
(b) His urination before the show.
(c) A woman he slept with earlier in the week.
(d) His struggles with intense constipation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, to whom does Mailer state he holds final allegiance?
2. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
3. In Chapter 3, Mailer states that left-wing groups should choose names similar to what?
4. According to mailer in Chapter 1, which of the following qualities is definitely not necessary in a protagonist for the story of the March?
5. What does Mailer intimate about his drinking the night before Chapter 1?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)