|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 10-20 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 40-50 years.
(d) 5-10 years.
3. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
(d) Snare drum.
4. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
(a) A mason laying foundation.
(b) A jazz musician riffing on a theme.
(c) A lawyer parsing words.
(d) A surgeon tending a breech birth.
5. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
(a) Impeding an executive order.
(b) Theft of government property.
(c) Providing comfort to the enemies of the U.S.
(d) Aiding someone refusing the draft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
2. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
3. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
4. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
5. What is significant about the way Lowell recites his poetry in Chapter 6?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)