|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
(a) Her husband's necktie.
(b) A cloth napkin.
(c) Her housekey.
(d) A copy of his book.
2. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
(a) Ben Franklin's.
(b) Abbie Hoffman's.
(c) Lyndon Johnson's.
(d) William Burroughs'.
3. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
(a) He forgets her name.
(b) He call her a loon.
(c) He breaks her toilet.
(d) He refuses dinner.
4. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Ed de Grazia.
(b) Dwight Macdonald.
(c) Paul Goodman.
(d) Robert Lowell.
5. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
(a) A mason laying foundation.
(b) A lawyer parsing words.
(c) A jazz musician riffing on a theme.
(d) A surgeon tending a breech birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
2. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
3. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
4. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)