|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
2. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
(a) Slip out inconspiculously.
(b) Wrong her completely.
(c) Apologize profusely.
(d) Get her a gift basket.
3. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
(a) Her husband's necktie.
(b) Her housekey.
(c) A cloth napkin.
(d) A copy of his book.
4. What does Mailer intimate about his drinking the night before Chapter 1?
(a) He blacked out.
(b) He became belligerent toward his fellow writers.
(c) He did not get very drunk.
(d) He abstained from all alcohol.
5. Which of the following ideas is not something that Mailer declares the young generation believes in more fervently than its forebears in Chapter 1?
(a) Hegelian dialectics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
2. Which famous black leader's sister speaks in Chapter 3?
3. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 1, Mailer claims that America's New Left is drawing its political aesthetic from what country?
5. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)