|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
(a) Turn in aluminum as certain stations.
(b) Read the Washington Post.
(c) Purchase Coors beer.
(d) Pay a 10% increase in the income tax.
2. In Chapter 1, Mailer claims that America's New Left is drawing its political aesthetic from what country?
3. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 3, Mailer states that left-wing groups should choose names similar to what?
(a) Religious sects.
(b) Right-wing groups.
(c) Motorcycle gangs.
(d) Fortune 500 companies.
5. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
(a) Snare drum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
2. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
3. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 1, who does Mailer get into a cloyingly complimentary conversation?
5. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)