|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Mailer claims that America's New Left is drawing its political aesthetic from what country?
2. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
(b) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
(c) He crosses a police line.
(d) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
3. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 2, to whom does Mailer state he holds final allegiance?
(b) The government.
(c) Fellow artists.
5. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
2. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
3. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
4. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
5. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)