|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
2. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
(a) The Arena.
(b) Ford's Theatre.
(c) The Ambassador.
(d) The National Theatre.
3. In Chapter 1, Mailer claims that America's New Left is drawing its political aesthetic from what country?
4. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is sedated.
(c) He is naked.
(d) He is drunk.
5. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
(a) To provide Paul Goodman a platform to self-promote.
(b) To achieve publicity for the next day's events.
(c) To obstruct the daily activity of the Pentagon.
(d) To wound the American military symbolically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strain of sociopolitical thinking does Mailer chart through America in a speech in Chapter 1?
2. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
3. Which social or literary figure calls Mailer in Chapter 2?
4. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer claim the young generation hates more than anything else?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)