|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
(a) He does not want to be maced.
(b) He does not want to be struck.
(c) He does not want to be shot.
(d) He does not want to be arrested.
3. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
(a) A small concert on the Mall.
(b) A dinner at the Watergate.
(c) A series of speeches at a theatre.
(d) A march to the Capitol.
4. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 10-20 years.
(b) 5-10 years.
(c) 40-50 years.
(d) 100 years.
5. According to mailer in Chapter 1, which of the following qualities is definitely not necessary in a protagonist for the story of the March?
(a) He should be an observer.
(b) He should be a nonpartisan.
(c) He should be an organizer.
(d) He should have participated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
2. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
3. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
4. Which social or literary figure calls Mailer in Chapter 2?
5. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)