|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
2. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
(a) Paul Goodman.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) Dwight Macdonald.
(d) Ed de Grazia.
3. Which of the following men is not quoted by Mailer is having advocated sensory adjudication in Chapter 2?
(a) John O'Hara.
(b) Thomas Aquinis.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Leo Tolstoy.
4. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
(a) He is sedated.
(b) He is naked.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer claim the young generation hates more than anything else?
2. According to mailer in Chapter 1, which of the following qualities is definitely not necessary in a protagonist for the story of the March?
3. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
4. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
5. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)