|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) A union hall.
(b) A bar.
(c) A church.
(d) Another hotel.
2. In Chapter 2, to whom does Mailer state he holds final allegiance?
(b) Fellow artists.
(c) The government.
3. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
(a) Ford's Theatre.
(b) The Ambassador.
(c) The National Theatre.
(d) The Arena.
4. According to mailer in Chapter 1, which of the following qualities is definitely not necessary in a protagonist for the story of the March?
(a) He should be a nonpartisan.
(b) He should have participated.
(c) He should be an observer.
(d) He should be an organizer.
5. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
(a) About 40.
(b) About 100.
(c) About 150.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1, to what does Mailer compare the atmosphere of the Hay-Adams breakfast crowd?
2. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
3. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
4. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
5. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)