|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
(a) He does not want to be arrested.
(b) He does not want to be shot.
(c) He does not want to be struck.
(d) He does not want to be maced.
2. Which famous black leader's sister speaks in Chapter 3?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) Medger Evers.
(c) Bobby Seale.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
(a) Apologize profusely.
(b) Slip out inconspiculously.
(c) Get her a gift basket.
(d) Wrong her completely.
4. Who begins the informal meeting in Chapter 3?
(a) Mitch Goodman.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) Paul Goodman.
(d) Norman Mailer.
5. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
(a) Mailer has recently discovered he's on the Pulitzer short list.
(b) Mailer is sleeping with Macdonald's wife.
(c) Macdonald got the post at the New Yorker Mailer wants.
(d) Macdonald is reviewing Mailer's book.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to mailer in Chapter 1, which of the following qualities is definitely not necessary in a protagonist for the story of the March?
2. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
3. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
4. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
5. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)