|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
(d) Holding court.
2. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
(a) The Pentagon.
(b) The hotel.
(c) A hot-dog stand.
(d) A bar.
3. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 5-10 years.
(c) 10-20 years.
(d) 40-50 years.
4. In Chapter 2, to whom does Mailer state he holds final allegiance?
(a) The government.
(b) Fellow artists.
5. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
(a) The military.
(d) The south of Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer recall as he walks toward the Washington Monument in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
3. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
4. Which social or literary figure calls Mailer in Chapter 2?
5. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)