|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
(a) Book discussions.
(b) Liberal parties.
(c) Vietnam protests.
(d) Rides from airports to hotels.
2. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
(a) A lawyer parsing words.
(b) A jazz musician riffing on a theme.
(c) A mason laying foundation.
(d) A surgeon tending a breech birth.
3. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
(a) A church.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) A vaudville house.
(d) A school auditorium.
4. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
(a) A troup of mimes.
(b) An improv group.
(c) A poet.
(d) A folk music group.
5. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
(a) He became Goodman's son's godfather.
(b) He praised him on the Dick Cavett Show.
(c) He recommended him for a Times op-ed.
(d) He wrote a blurb for his book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
2. What does Mailer intimate about his drinking the night before Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
4. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 1, Mailer claims that America's New Left is drawing its political aesthetic from what country?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)