|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
2. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
(a) The telling of a story from their time in Madrid.
(b) The emcee role for the evening.
(c) The key to his hotel room.
(d) His drink.
3. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
(a) He orders him to fetch some water.
(b) He slaps his behind.
(c) He pushes him over.
(d) He waltzes him off the stage.
4. Which famous black leader's sister speaks in Chapter 3?
(a) Medger Evers.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Bobby Seale.
5. Which of the following is not one of the aspects of war that Mailer mentions being disagreeable in Chapter 2?
(a) Constant fatigue.
(b) The omnipresence of death.
(c) Intestinal agitation.
(d) Trudging through mud.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1, to what does Mailer compare the atmosphere of the Hay-Adams breakfast crowd?
2. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
3. According to mailer in Chapter 1, which of the following qualities is definitely not necessary in a protagonist for the story of the March?
4. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
5. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)