|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
(c) de Grazia.
2. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
3. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
(a) Los Angeles, CA.
(b) Boston Common.
(c) University of Wisconsin.
(d) Read College.
4. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
(b) Holding court.
5. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
(a) There are rumors of roadblocks on the road.
(b) The route involves a numer of sudden turns.
(c) Know one knows the route.
(d) Law enforcement wants them to take the narrowest road.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
2. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
4. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer claim the young generation hates more than anything else?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)