|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) A church.
(b) A bar.
(c) Another hotel.
(d) A union hall.
2. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
3. What does Mailer recall as he walks toward the Washington Monument in Chapter 2?
(a) Losing his virginity.
(b) World War II.
(c) The 1963 civil rights march.
(d) An afternoon in Madrid.
4. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
(a) A small concert on the Mall.
(b) A series of speeches at a theatre.
(c) A march to the Capitol.
(d) A dinner at the Watergate.
5. What does Mailer intimate about his drinking the night before Chapter 1?
(a) He blacked out.
(b) He abstained from all alcohol.
(c) He became belligerent toward his fellow writers.
(d) He did not get very drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
2. In Chapter 2, what drug does Mailer repeatedly decry?
3. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
4. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 1, who does Mailer get into a cloyingly complimentary conversation?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)