|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
(a) A hot-dog stand.
(b) A bar.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The Pentagon.
2. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
(a) He goes to another bar.
(b) He goes to the hotel.
(c) He falls asleep in a doorway.
(d) He sleeps backstage.
4. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
(a) To obstruct the daily activity of the Pentagon.
(b) To wound the American military symbolically.
(c) To provide Paul Goodman a platform to self-promote.
(d) To achieve publicity for the next day's events.
5. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
(a) He praised him on the Dick Cavett Show.
(b) He wrote a blurb for his book.
(c) He became Goodman's son's godfather.
(d) He recommended him for a Times op-ed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
2. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
3. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
4. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
5. Which social or literary figure calls Mailer in Chapter 2?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)