|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
(a) Her husband's necktie.
(b) A copy of his book.
(c) A cloth napkin.
(d) Her housekey.
2. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Paul Goodman.
(b) Ed de Grazia.
(c) Dwight Macdonald.
(d) Robert Lowell.
3. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
(b) He crosses a police line.
(c) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
(d) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
4. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The hotel.
(b) The Department of Justice.
(c) The theater.
(d) A bar.
5. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is naked.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is sedated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
2. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
3. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
4. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
5. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)