|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
(a) A Havana cigar.
(b) A vase.
(c) A coffee cup of whiskey.
(d) A handful of crackers and cheese.
2. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
3. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
(a) The Hay-Adams.
(b) The Willard.
(c) The Watergate.
(d) The Marriot.
4. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer claim the young generation hates more than anything else?
(a) The free market.
5. What does Mailer intimate about his drinking the night before Chapter 1?
(a) He became belligerent toward his fellow writers.
(b) He blacked out.
(c) He did not get very drunk.
(d) He abstained from all alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
2. What does Mailer recall as he walks toward the Washington Monument in Chapter 2?
3. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
4. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
5. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)