|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
2. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
(a) Mailer is sleeping with Macdonald's wife.
(b) Mailer has recently discovered he's on the Pulitzer short list.
(c) Macdonald got the post at the New Yorker Mailer wants.
(d) Macdonald is reviewing Mailer's book.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Mailer resolve to do?
(a) Get arrested.
(b) Stay sober for the march.
(c) Punch Mitch Goodman.
(d) Slip out of Washingotn in the afternoon.
4. In Chapter 1, Mailer claims that America's New Left is drawing its political aesthetic from what country?
5. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
(c) de Grazia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
2. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 2, what drug does Mailer repeatedly decry?
4. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
5. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)