|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
(a) He orders him to fetch some water.
(b) He pushes him over.
(c) He waltzes him off the stage.
(d) He slaps his behind.
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
(a) He goes to another bar.
(b) He goes to the hotel.
(c) He sleeps backstage.
(d) He falls asleep in a doorway.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
(a) He does not want to be arrested.
(b) He does not want to be shot.
(c) He does not want to be maced.
(d) He does not want to be struck.
4. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
(a) The Watergate.
(b) The Willard.
(c) The Marriot.
(d) The Hay-Adams.
5. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
(a) A New York bistro.
(b) An office on I Street.
(c) A publishing house.
(d) Mailer's den.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
2. Which of the following is not a style of dress that marchers wear in Chapter 2?
3. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
5. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)