|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
(a) Apologize profusely.
(b) Get her a gift basket.
(c) Wrong her completely.
(d) Slip out inconspiculously.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 1, to what does Mailer compare the atmosphere of the Hay-Adams breakfast crowd?
(a) A class reunion.
(b) A press conference.
(c) A whorehouse.
(d) The running of the bulls,
3. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
(a) He forgets her name.
(b) He refuses dinner.
(c) He breaks her toilet.
(d) He call her a loon.
4. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
5. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
(a) The Ambassador.
(b) Ford's Theatre.
(c) The National Theatre.
(d) The Arena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
2. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
3. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
4. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
5. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)