|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Ed de Grazia.
(c) Dwight Macdonald.
(d) Paul Goodman.
2. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
(a) They give him a standing ovation.
(b) They boo him.
(c) They applaud politely.
(d) Halk of them walk out.
3. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer claim the young generation hates more than anything else?
(b) The free market.
4. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A bar.
(b) The Department of Justice.
(c) The theater.
(d) The hotel.
5. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(b) The White Negro.
(c) The Executioner's Song.
(d) The Naked and the Dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
3. Which of the following is not one of the aspects of war that Mailer mentions being disagreeable in Chapter 2?
4. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
5. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)