|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
(a) Bananas and cantaloupe.
(b) Toasted English muffins.
(c) Peanut butter and bread.
2. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
(a) The Washington Post.
(c) Time Magazine.
(d) The New Yorker.
3. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(c) The Time Magazine reporter.
4. Why do Mailer, Macdonald and Lowell want to be arrested first on Saturday?
(a) They want to escape Mitch Goodman.
(b) They want to catch an evening flight back to New York.
(c) They want to get out of the hot sun quickly.
(d) Only the first ones arrested will be photographed.
5. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He crosses a police line.
(b) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
(c) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
(d) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following ideas is not something that Mailer declares the young generation believes in more fervently than its forebears in Chapter 1?
2. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
3. Who begins the informal meeting in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
5. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)